[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

I'm using the base rom. The alarm doesn't make an audible noise. It goes off, and the screen shows it with the slider to turn it off, but it makes no sound. Any idea?

Guest xlightwaverx

n o t i f i c a t i o n b l i p f o r d o n e c h a r g i n g ?

X

I'm using the base rom. The alarm doesn't make an audible noise. It goes off, and the screen shows it with the slider to turn it off, but it makes no sound. Any idea?

Guest amdzero

what is the sound you have it set to? I'm guessing your using the Samsung alarm, and not the windows mobile alarm right?

what is the sound you have it set to? I'm guessing your using the Samsung alarm, and not the windows mobile alarm right?

Samsung alarm, from the clock panel, yes. It was set on Samsung Tune I think.

Samsung alarm, from the clock panel, yes. It was set on Samsung Tune I think.

And now I'm betting that the Samsung Tune is just not present....

I changed the ring and it works fine. My bad. Thanks for the reply.

Guest amdzero

I'm putting the final touches on my next ZeroSense rom. Of course I'll need some closed beta testers for a day or two to make sure its up to snuff.

any volunteers?

Guest tedkord
I'm putting the final touches on my next ZeroSense rom. Of course I'll need some closed beta testers for a day or two to make sure its up to snuff.

any volunteers?

Sense running any smoother with DG21 (he said longingly)?

One thing I have noticed is that the memory management improvements in DG21 don't appear to carry over to the 6.5.5 build. On the stock DG21 from the official update (I used it for a solid week) I would never dip below 50 MB free once closing apps, and typically closer to 60 MB. The system was much better about releasing ram on program closing. Now I'm back to settling in the low 40s by mid-day after opening/closing programs (opera 10 seems to be the primary culprit, but I also use it more than anything else).

I'm sure memory management is a pretty inherent part of a build, and therefore not really transferable across releases, but I thought I'd give the feedback anyways.

With that being said, you might want to attempt a sense rom based on the stock build, as ram seems to be a limiting factor in the sense roms. There really is a very noticeable difference.

Again, thanks for the work.

any volunteers?

I would volunteer, however I don't use my phone for messaging very often so I wouldn't be much help in testing that.

any volunteers?

I sent you a PM earlier today and am willing be a beta tester on this ZeroSense rom. Thanks for all you do for this community!

Guest ravager

Is there a way to incorporate a compact start menu similar to NRGZ28's line of roms? He replaces the start menu or has an option to replace the start menu with a compact version of the start menu which is pretty much Quickmenu. He did it for the i8000 and all his other roms. Thanks. Love your roms amdzero!

Guest amdzero
Is there a way to incorporate a compact start menu similar to NRGZ28's line of roms? He replaces the start menu or has an option to replace the start menu with a compact version of the start menu which is pretty much Quickmenu. He did it for the i8000 and all his other roms. Thanks. Love your roms amdzero!

are you talking about this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631

Guest ravager

Thanks for the reply. It's more similar to quickmenu. Hitting the start button brings up a small popup at the top left similar to that of a 6.1 start menu where programs / settings can be accessed. I've run his roms on my Touch Pro 2 CDMA which has this feature / toggle cooked in. Enabling it saves 20-30mb of ram for running programs. I can't seem to find screenshots of it but was able to find a few screenshots of quick menu through google.

Guest amdzero
Thanks for the reply. It's more similar to quickmenu. Hitting the start button brings up a small popup at the top left similar to that of a 6.1 start menu where programs / settings can be accessed. I've run his roms on my Touch Pro 2 CDMA which has this feature / toggle cooked in. Enabling it saves 20-30mb of ram for running programs. I can't seem to find screenshots of it but was able to find a few screenshots of quick menu through google.

There's no way it save 20-30MB of ram. at least not in my experience. If I remove the .cpr that controls the startmenu, it only saves 1MB of ram.

is this something like what you are talking about?

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Cus...-Menu-039-2.jpg

Guest tedkord
There's no way it save 20-30MB of ram. at least not in my experience. If I remove the .cpr that controls the startmenu, it only saves 1MB of ram.

is this something like what you are talking about?

http://news.softpedia.com/images/news2/Cus...-Menu-039-2.jpg

I don't know. Removing the start menu via the method Urphonesux posted gives me at least 13 mb saved, maybe more.

Guest amdzero
I don't know. Removing the start menu via the method Urphonesux posted gives me at least 13 mb saved, maybe more.

your kidding! I'm going to have to re-look at this then.

Just tried this rom...very nice man, great job.

I am using the basezero with spb mobile shell.

I put in S2u2 with your theme -- only thing is it doesn't show the weather from spb mobile shell.

Apparently it only supports getting weather info from spb weather 1.x

Any workarounds for this?

Also is there a way to remove the carrier info from the s2u2 screen (sorry i havent used s2u in years!) -- it says Verizon Wi........ (and looks annoying with the periods).

Thanks!

EDIT:

For some reason the "Memo" app does not work -- I open it and its just a white screen.

Anyone else notice this?

Also (as mentioned a few pages back) -- the samsung keyboard doesn't work.

You can select it, but swype stays.

Also, is there any way to use jInbox with email and not just sms?

EDIT:

Installed samsung keyboard from rodrigofd's thread, fixed that problem.

Working on smart memo now.

Edited by surgex

Guest ravager

Hey AMDZero,

I've uploaded a quick clip of my touch pro 2 before and after the start menu replacement. I hope you can see it properly due to its shoddy quality. I do not have a camera at the moment so I recorded using the iSight from my mac while on campus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNVMnM4SnQA

Straight from the Energy Rom thread for the i8000

September 14th, 2010

Compact Start Menu cooked in (has to be turned on manually from Settings > Compact Start Menu). By turning this on, you will save around 40 MB of RAM, however you lose the Start menu eyecandy. Based on QMenu but made to look better

I have only experienced roughly a 20-30mb gain. In the video, I got 27mb gain. His line of roms started adding more menu layouts, one of them being Panel Menu which should be an increase of about 2mb more on top of the 20-30mb gain. Hope this gives you an idea of what it looks like in regards to the menu too.

Edited by ravager

Guest tedkord

Hey, I made a mistake. It was about a 10mb ram savings, not 13mb+. And there were some tradeoffs. The most obvious is it removes the windows menu button, and the other buttons shift. So, when I read an e-mail, the reply button shifts over to where the windows menu button used to be (the far left corner). Then, when I close the email and return to the inbox, the reply button stays there. But if I hit it, it deletes the email, then turns into the delete button.

Energy ROMs are famous throughout the chef community. I'm sure he has some ideas that would benefit us.

Guest amdzero
Hey, I made a mistake. It was about a 10mb ram savings, not 13mb+. And there were some tradeoffs. The most obvious is it removes the windows menu button, and the other buttons shift. So, when I read an e-mail, the reply button shifts over to where the windows menu button used to be (the far left corner). Then, when I close the email and return to the inbox, the reply button stays there. But if I hit it, it deletes the email, then turns into the delete button.

Energy ROMs are famous throughout the chef community. I'm sure he has some ideas that would benefit us.

Yeah I've been messing with some nrg roms lately, he even made one for me for the i920. I'm not sure I'd trade my start menu (flag) and push the buttons, but I'll consider testing it with sense and see if there are any appreciable gains.

Guest amdzero
EDIT:

For some reason the "Memo" app does not work -- I open it and its just a white screen.

Anyone else notice this?

Also (as mentioned a few pages back) -- the samsung keyboard doesn't work.

You can select it, but swype stays.

Also, is there any way to use jInbox with email and not just sms?

in short, No.

I messed with it a while back but the implementation isn't there. It sometimes works, and when it doesn't work you can't read email at all. so I gave up on it.

Guest amdzero
Hey AMDZero,

I've uploaded a quick clip of my touch pro 2 before and after the start menu replacement. I hope you can see it properly due to its shoddy quality. I do not have a camera at the moment so I recorded using the iSight from my mac while on campus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNVMnM4SnQA

Straight from the Energy Rom thread for the i8000

September 14th, 2010

Compact Start Menu cooked in (has to be turned on manually from Settings > Compact Start Menu). By turning this on, you will save around 40 MB of RAM, however you lose the Start menu eyecandy. Based on QMenu but made to look better

I have only experienced roughly a 20-30mb gain. In the video, I got 27mb gain. His line of roms started adding more menu layouts, one of them being Panel Menu which should be an increase of about 2mb more on top of the 20-30mb gain. Hope this gives you an idea of what it looks like in regards to the menu too.

so wait you have a Touch Pro 2 AND and Omnia 2?

I don't want to refute the evidence in the video, however to be fair, the video isn't started from a soft reset. Not to say that it wasn't done, it just wasn't in the video. You almost always have more ram after a soft reset, thanks to the poor implementation of gwes (although to be fair M$ was pretty ingenious in this implementation with low end devices over 10 years ago).

I will look into using a compact startmenu and see whats up.