[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest ravager
so wait you have a Touch Pro 2 AND and Omnia 2?

I don't want to refute the evidence in the video, however to be fair, the video isn't started from a soft reset. Not to say that it wasn't done, it just wasn't in the video. You almost always have more ram after a soft reset, thanks to the poor implementation of gwes (although to be fair M$ was pretty ingenious in this implementation with low end devices over 10 years ago).

I will look into using a compact startmenu and see whats up.

You bring up a good point but yeah it was after a soft reset. I will upload another corrected video. I did not include the initial softreset as it took a while to soft reset. I have a touch pro 2 as my phone. My gf has an omnia 2. I'm at least glad you were able to make out what was happening with the video.

Guest amdzero
You bring up a good point but yeah it was after a soft reset. I will upload another corrected video. I did not include the initial softreset as it took a while to soft reset. I have a touch pro 2 as my phone. My gf has an omnia 2. I'm at least glad you were able to make out what was happening with the video.

no need to upload another video, it would be better if you could upload the start menu switcher.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\on another note\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTW since you have a CDMA phone with sense on it, do you have any problems using sms?

When I double tap the text message it brings up the htc sense message area with the box to enter text at the bottom. I can type a message, but when I hit send it says SIM card not preset. I'm assuming this is due to the GMS Manila Messaging package I'm using, but I also heard that HTC was not able to make it happen with CDMA phones. Is this true?

Guest ravager
no need to upload another video, it would be better if you could upload the start menu switcher.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\on another note\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTW since you have a CDMA phone with sense on it, do you have any problems using sms?

When I double tap the text message it brings up the htc sense message area with the box to enter text at the bottom. I can type a message, but when I hit send it says SIM card not preset. I'm assuming this is due to the GMS Manila Messaging package I'm using, but I also heard that HTC was not able to make it happen with CDMA phones. Is this true?

Haha I wish.

In regards to the SMS question. I personally have a Touch CDMA running manilla 2.1 (personal phone) and Touch Pro 2 CDMA (work phone) running sense 2.5 (2018) and have not experienced the problem you speak of. The Touch Pro 2 does have a slot for a sim card when travelling outside of the United States but I have removed it. I did not experience this prior to removing it either. I sent myself a text message back and forth from the Touch CMDA to the Touch Pro 2 using the method you described and could not replicate it. For the Energy ROM I use, it has this package installed Manila_Message_2_5_20182218_0. Hope this was what you were asking.

Guest xlightwaverx

Not to interrupt the conversation but could anyone upload the Samsung Communities app. This ROM has missing features when using the camera, and us O2 users have no way to upload to MySpace, Facebook, etc.

:)

X

Haha I wish.

In regards to the SMS question. I personally have a Touch CDMA running manilla 2.1 (personal phone) and Touch Pro 2 CDMA (work phone) running sense 2.5 (2018) and have not experienced the problem you speak of. The Touch Pro 2 does have a slot for a sim card when travelling outside of the United States but I have removed it. I did not experience this prior to removing it either. I sent myself a text message back and forth from the Touch CMDA to the Touch Pro 2 using the method you described and could not replicate it. For the Energy ROM I use, it has this package installed Manila_Message_2_5_20182218_0. Hope this was what you were asking.

Guest xlightwaverx

Not to interrupt the conversation but could anyone upload the Samsung Communities app. This ROM has missing features when using the camera, and us O2 users have no way to upload to MySpace, Facebook, etc.

X

Haha I wish.

Still can't get memo working :|

I too would like the communities app.

Thanks.

Also I like how you posted the shutdown cab -- I too felt that was missing from this.

I would still like a shutdown animation though...I will search and see if it can be added with a cab easily without messing anything up.

Also, is it just me or is the startup sound super loud?

Maybe I can locate the file and lower it by 5 or 10 db or so!

Edited by surgex

Guest amdzero
Still can't get memo working :|

I too would like the communities app.

Thanks.

Also I like how you posted the shutdown cab -- I too felt that was missing from this.

I would still like a shutdown animation though...I will search and see if it can be added with a cab easily without messing anything up.

Also, is it just me or is the startup sound super loud?

Maybe I can locate the file and lower it by 5 or 10 db or so!

what you are looking for is something called sharepix. In our roms is called communities.

i8000nxxje1_sharepix.cab

(Since smart memo is too large to upload I'm posting a link)

http://www.4shared.com/file/ScQYk3QS/i8000..._smartmemo.html

Guest ravager

X

I found this thread with extra cabs for the missing stock apps too if you want more than just the missing sharepix cab

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100511/

what you are looking for is something called sharepix. In our roms is called communities.

i8000nxxje1_sharepix.cab

(Since smart memo is too large to upload I'm posting a link)

http://www.4shared.com/file/ScQYk3QS/i8000..._smartmemo.html

Thank u so much...memo now works!

And so does communities...only thing is I thought there was a youtube upload site list in there but I guess I could be thinking of the i8910.

Also to "urphonesux" -- I installed the swype WP7 skin just fine...it works great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653256

I dl'd the "[LeSScro] Swype WP7 Skin_WVGA FULL.cab" and installed -- works.

Also mad props for finding a fix to disable orientation detection!

Your post here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/317651/...-dg21/page/20/# works perfectly, even prevents opera from changing orientation.

just my .02 -- I would not put that in the rom anymore since turning it off in the GUI doesnt seem to work -- it still stays on.

Edited by surgex

Guest urphonesux

From Surgex

"Also, is there any way to use jInbox with email and not just sms?"

Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

id actually forgot about the swype skins i dont know if ill be able to use them with this version, about to google now

Edited by urphonesux

From Surgex

"Also, is there any way to use jInbox with email and not just sms?"

Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

id actually forgot about the swype skins i dont know if ill be able to use them with this version, about to google now

It works! I'll try it for a few days and see how it goes...Now I just have to get mobile shell's email widget to open that instead of outlook.

OK so after doing the registry edit, I followed this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-jinbox-exe/

and it is working fine for me...but I trust amdzero's word -- ill keep an eye on it and see what happens, hopefully it wont lock up or stop working!

Edited by surgex

Guest urphonesux

Shaman.jpg

I will you to have no issues; seriously you wont ive been running it that way since i first flashed the phone

as for the swype skin i was able to use the 3.9 version of this skin

394792754195Demo_Swype_3.9.png

Edited by urphonesux

%7Boption%7D

I will you to have no issues; seriously you wont ive been running it that way since i first flashed the phone

as for the swype skin i was able to use the 3.9 version of this skin

Unfortunately, amdzero was right...it stopped working...i can open the jinbox mail client and set it to be for the entire system, but i cant actually read any of my emails (lol).

Sucks...was worth a shot though. Just goes to show you how sloppy samsungs coders are...seriously, why would they put this on the i8000 but not on the i920!?

Edited by surgex

Guest urphonesux
Unfortunately, amdzero was right...it stopped working...i can open the jinbox mail client and set it to be for the entire system, but i cant actually read any of my emails (lol).

Sucks...was worth a shot though. Just goes to show you how sloppy samsungs coders are...seriously, why would they put this on the i8000 but not on the i920!?

how did you set it to be for the entire system?

on my phone i just enabled the reg key and everything works fine

how did you set it to be for the entire system?

on my phone i just enabled the reg key and everything works fine

Followed this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...ion-jinbox-exe/

Maybe thats what screwed everything up eh?

Also I just found a side effect of disabling the orientation thing through the registry -- the ettiquite no longer works (turning phone upside down to mute sound \ ring \ alarm) -- I'll have to dig into that further.

Edited by surgex

Guest urphonesux

yeah i just did the reg edit, i didnt install any cabs for that. i'd never even seen that post before, but i disabled all of the touchwiz interface to save on ram too

also about the orientation thing to get rid of it i just erased the orientation detection folder and the lnk in the startup folder

(then i installed changescreen to make it faster and more reliable for me)

yeah i just did the reg edit, i didnt install any cabs for that. i'd never even seen that post before, but i disabled all of the touchwiz interface to save on ram too

also about the orientation thing to get rid of it i just erased the orientation detection folder and the lnk in the startup folder

(then i installed changescreen to make it faster and more reliable for me)

OK i got one more question :) Sorry I keep flooding this thread I know I know....

How do I get rid of the long press on the phone key being mapped to whatever that task manager is?

I don't see that in the button assignments.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't think AEButton plus can edit the long press phone key...

Edited by surgex

Guest amdzero
OK i got one more question :) Sorry I keep flooding this thread I know I know....

How do I get rid of the long press on the phone key being mapped to whatever that task manager is?

I don't see that in the button assignments.

Thanks in advance :)

I don't think AEButton plus can edit the long press phone key...

already asked.

samsung in their INFINATE wisdom has hardcoded some files to buttons. The "LOCK" button is mapped to Lockscrene.exe and the hold call button is mapped to VoiceRecognition.exe

so if you want a different program to run, then you can rename it to VoiceRecognition.exe and copy it to the windows folder.

already asked.

samsung in their INFINATE wisdom has hardcoded some files to buttons. The "LOCK" button is mapped to Lockscrene.exe and the hold call button is mapped to VoiceRecognition.exe

so if you want a different program to run, then you can rename it to VoiceRecognition.exe and copy it to the windows folder.

Awesome, thank you, and sorry for the double asking :|

I think this is the best my phone has ever ran btw -- since I got it last december.

Somehow I am due for an upgrade now (I have no idea why but they sent me a text message..) -- I think this will tide me over until the iphone gets released...or even if it doesn't, I have a feeling by january \ february 2011 there will be some better android offerings at least. Kind of off topic but as good as these new droid handsets are, they still have pretty bad flaws..and then you got motorola with their eFuse crap...ugh. The samsung galaxy s (verizon version whatever its called) is nice but no video output...and iirc it still has a nasty gps bug, among other probs. Android in general needs to mature a bit...tons of issues on google code that have gone unaddressed \ unanswered for years now. Maybe gingerbread will change all that, I'm hoping...and windows phone 7? puhlease...they took all the good things about WM6.5 and got rid of them. My friends at work all make fun of me with my omnia 2 but this rom + mobile shell makes it decent.

The one thing our phone lacks is a good webkit browser though...oh well.

One more q :) Is there any way to just flat out disable the crap in mobile shell that I don't use like the task manager, favorite contacts, spb contacts, contacts carousel, etc...

I'll check on xda \ spb's forums and post if i find an answer.

Edited by surgex

Guest amdzero
Awesome, thank you, and sorry for the double asking :|

I think this is the best my phone has ever ran btw -- since I got it last december.

Somehow I am due for an upgrade now (I have no idea why but they sent me a text message..) -- I think this will tide me over until the iphone gets released...or even if it doesn't, I have a feeling by january \ february 2011 there will be some better android offerings at least. Kind of off topic but as good as these new droid handsets are, they still have pretty bad flaws..and then you got motorola with their eFuse crap...ugh. The samsung galaxy s (verizon version whatever its called) is nice but no video output...and iirc it still has a nasty gps bug, among other probs. Android in general needs to mature a bit...tons of issues on google code that have gone unaddressed \ unanswered for years now. Maybe gingerbread will change all that, I'm hoping...and windows phone 7? puhlease...they took all the good things about WM6.5 and got rid of them. My friends at work all make fun of me with my omnia 2 but this rom + mobile shell makes it decent.

The one thing our phone lacks is a good webkit browser though...oh well.

One more q :) Is there any way to just flat out disable the crap in mobile shell that I don't use like the task manager, favorite contacts, spb contacts, contacts carousel, etc...

I'll check on xda \ spb's forums and post if i find an answer.

webkit browser?

AFAIK there isn't a way to disable parts of spb ms. its kind of all or nothing.

Guest xlightwaverx

I bet this is all in the CSC.

X

already asked.

webkit browser?

AFAIK there isn't a way to disable parts of spb ms. its kind of all or nothing.

Yeah...a webkit browser that supports HTML5.

What's CSC?

Oh, and I'd also like an html email client that doesn't force you to tap "Download Internet pictures" just to see whats in the message, lol.

I think microsoft had even more "wisdom" than samsung on that one, especially since they put no option to disable that shiz :)

Edited by surgex