[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest mikee4fun
no need to upload another video, it would be better if you could upload the start menu switcher.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\on another note\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTW since you have a CDMA phone with sense on it, do you have any problems using sms?

When I double tap the text message it brings up the htc sense message area with the box to enter text at the bottom. I can type a message, but when I hit send it says SIM card not preset. I'm assuming this is due to the GMS Manila Messaging package I'm using, but I also heard that HTC was not able to make it happen with CDMA phones. Is this true?

I dont know if you found a fix for your manila sms issue, but you can try this old fix. Replace the attached manila file 57a92846_manila in the root and reset. See if you still get the sim card not present. It always fixed my issues on my TP2's

You can also add a new Dword if it is not there to this location HCKU\Software\HTC\Manila\ Make the Dword name "People.Message.IsCDMA" without the quotes and set the value as 1

CDMA_SMS_Fix.zip

Edited by mikee4fun

Guest amdzero
I dont know if you found a fix for your manila sms issue, but you can try this old fix. Replace the attached manila file 57a92846_manila in the root and reset. See if you still get the sim card not present. It always fixed my issues on my TP2's

You can also add a new Dword if it is not there to this location HCKU\Software\HTC\Manila\ Make the Dword name "People.Message.IsCDMA" without the quotes and set the value as 1

Thanks I'm going to try that!

Guest JeremyGNJ

Does anyone know how to change the colors in the default SMS/Mail applications. THey currently have a grey background, with black text. I want to change that to White-on-black.

Guest tedkord

Hey, AMD. Just to let you know, I dorked up my Omnia II - I installed the newest beta of TouchXperience to try it out, had disabled SPB MS3.5 in the startup folder, disabled today, and used Urphonesux's start menu remover. Unfortunately, I had also forgotten to reset my USB connection to Activesync before I uninstalled TouchXperience, and rebooted with no Start Menu, No SPB MS3, no Today screen and no menu button. Cool. And, since I was set to mass storage to my SD card, I couldn't even manually reset SPB link in startup!

Anyway, none of that matters, I guess, except to give everyone an idea of how idiotic I can be on occasion. So, I used the newest ROM tool to make a 10mb page pool version of your Lite 1.2, and flashed it with Octans (not your i920 flasher), and it flashed again with no problem.

Do you use the GUI kitchen posted in here? If so, try replacing Wes's ROM Tool with the latest version before cooking. When I was using the included one, it wouldn't change the page pool - it would create a new .nbo, but it would be identical to the original. Replacing the tool fixed this.

However, be aware that no matter what I did, including flashing the PDA back to a CK21 based ROM, I could not flash back to an earlier official ROM. Which is kind of a shame, since I really wanted to go back to DC23.

Edited by tedkord

Guest amdzero
Hey, AMD. Just to let you know, I dorked up my Omnia II - I installed the newest beta of TouchXperience to try it out, had disabled SPB MS3.5 in the startup folder, disabled today, and used Urphonesux's start menu remover. Unfortunately, I had also forgotten to reset my USB connection to Activesync before I uninstalled TouchXperience, and rebooted with no Start Menu, No SPB MS3, no Today screen and no menu button. Cool. And, since I was set to mass storage to my SD card, I couldn't even manually reset SPB link in startup!

Anyway, none of that matters, I guess, except to give everyone an idea of how idiotic I can be on occasion. So, I used the newest ROM tool to make a 10mb page pool version of your Lite 1.2, and flashed it with Octans (not your i920 flasher), and it flashed again with no problem.

Do you use the GUI kitchen posted in here? If so, try replacing Wes's ROM Tool with the latest version before cooking. When I was using the included one, it wouldn't change the page pool - it would create a new .nbo, but it would be identical to the original. Replacing the tool fixed this.

However, be aware that no matter what I did, including flashing the PDA back to a CK21 based ROM, I could not flash back to an earlier official ROM. Which is kind of a shame, since I really wanted to go back to DC23.

not sure why you are not able to go back. I've done this many times now.

I do use the GUI kitchen and I don't need to change the pagepool, because I'm a chef, and I set the page pool in the first place :)

Also the question about sms/email there is a file called iframe_style.css that you can edit if you want different colors. I already posted a link so I'm not going to repeat the same post.

Guest tedkord
not sure why you are not able to go back. I've done this many times now.

I do use the GUI kitchen and I don't need to change the pagepool, because I'm a chef, and I set the page pool in the first place :)

Also the question about sms/email there is a file called iframe_style.css that you can edit if you want different colors. I already posted a link so I'm not going to repeat the same post.

No, I meant to cook your next DG21 ROM. Try cooking it using the newest ROM Tool. That's the only difference I can see between what you tried and what worked for me. Obviously you don't need to change the page pool... :)

Since I've got you, can I ask you about the long power button shutdown. You said it was bound to a Samsung proprietary .dll, powerbutton.dll, I think. I tried creating a shortcut called poweroff.lnk, to the path "\windows\rundll32.exe" powerbutton.dll - no dice. Apparently rundll32 doesn't run a .dll like an .exe in winmo.

The newest build of quickshutdown has a slider to run any program you set up in it's config. Is there any program in winmo that will call a .dll and run it like an .exe, to which I can then pass powerbutton.dll via command line?

Guest amdzero
Thanks I'm going to try that!

well I tried it and no joy. =(

Not that I NEED to use the HTC messaging app, but I would like the option at least. anyone else have any ideas?

Guest mikee4fun
well I tried it and no joy. =(

Not that I NEED to use the HTC messaging app, but I would like the option at least. anyone else have any ideas?

When I get my i920 I will help work on this issue with you. I should have it tomorrow. I just need a good working kitchen with Sense. I downloaded Steels kitchen but when i tries to make the FlashRom.nb0 the cmd window cancels stating it cannot find a file at some point after wmreloc tries to go.

Guest amdzero
When I get my i920 I will help work on this issue with you. I should have it tomorrow. I just need a good working kitchen with Sense. I downloaded Steels kitchen but when i tries to make the FlashRom.nb0 the cmd window cancels stating it cannot find a file at some point after wmreloc tries to go.

I'm actually working on releasing another kitchen.

one for 21916 and one for 23569.

If I can get this sense thing working that is LOL.

Guest amdzero
I'm actually working on releasing another kitchen.

one for 21916 and one for 23569.

If I can get this sense thing working that is LOL.

okay I was able to get sms to work in HTC, but now mms doesn't work, like at all!

Guest the sandman
okay I was able to get sms to work in HTC, but now mms doesn't work, like at all!

that sucks, like they counteract each other. wasnt this an issue with the first sense rom release for the i920? cant it be fixed the same way?

Hey all -- two more questions..

1.) The samsung "alarms" app and the standard WM alarms do not seem to be sync'd. I can't remember if they used to be on the last FW I was running (April 2010 I believe, forgot the samsung code) or not, but in any case -- s2u2 and MobileShell only work with the WM alarms (the notify you of next alarm text) -- if anyone has any more info about this I would appreciate it.

2.) I believe I've asked this before and you said there was no way to do this since they're cooked in the rom, but I will ask again just in case there may be a method :) Is there any way to get rid of those top customized icons \ custom indicator bar and go back with the stock WM black and white icons? You can disable battclock (which is nice to have that option), and you can turn on the samsung indicator bar, but if you tap in the upper left corner, the colored indicator bar is still running, and I don't see any setting to get rid of the icons and go back to stock. Thanks again AMD.

Edited by surgex

Guest amdzero
that sucks, like they counteract each other. wasnt this an issue with the first sense rom release for the i920? cant it be fixed the same way?

this is a slightly different problem, as you can't send MMS at all, not even using phone or jinbox.

The old way you could still use samsung software.

Guest amdzero
Hey all -- two more questions..

1.) The samsung "alarms" app and the standard WM alarms do not seem to be sync'd. I can't remember if they used to be on the last FW I was running (April 2010 I believe, forgot the samsung code) or not, but in any case -- s2u2 and MobileShell only work with the WM alarms (the notify you of next alarm text) -- if anyone has any more info about this I would appreciate it.

2.) I believe I've asked this before and you said there was no way to do this since they're cooked in the rom, but I will ask again just in case there may be a method :) Is there any way to get rid of those top customized icons \ custom indicator bar and go back with the stock WM black and white icons? You can disable battclock (which is nice to have that option), and you can turn on the samsung indicator bar, but if you tap in the upper left corner, the colored indicator bar is still running, and I don't see any setting to get rid of the icons and go back to stock. Thanks again AMD.

1.) I don't think they have ever been synced. I like the samsung one, because it has never failed me, but it doesn't show up anywhere else. I don't know of a work around, but if someone finds it I can cab it/cook it.

2.) Well I know I said it couldn't be done, but I think I may have figured out a way to get them back. I'll see if I can put a cab together for the default taskbar (top bar) icons. As far as the upper left corner icons, those are in the system. You can skin them if you like, I think they are in a separate dll. They always available though.

If you can describe what you want to happen when you tap the upper left I may be able to help.

1.) I don't think they have ever been synced. I like the samsung one, because it has never failed me, but it doesn't show up anywhere else. I don't know of a work around, but if someone finds it I can cab it/cook it.

2.) Well I know I said it couldn't be done, but I think I may have figured out a way to get them back. I'll see if I can put a cab together for the default taskbar (top bar) icons. As far as the upper left corner icons, those are in the system. You can skin them if you like, I think they are in a separate dll. They always available though.

If you can describe what you want to happen when you tap the upper left I may be able to help.

Awesome, thanks dude I appreciate you looking into it.

Sorry about the confusion of the upper left -- what I meant was this...If you go into the samsung settings app > display settings > large indicator and then turn it on, when you tap on the top bar (taskbar icons) -- the standard stock large indicator appears. However, if you tap in the upper left area (black space to the left of the first taskbar icon), the customized \ colored large indicator still shows up. What I would like is just to have the customized large indicator disabled, along with the colored \ customized icons disabled (I'm assuming they are both part of the same package, but wtf do I know, I could be wrong :)) and go back to stock taskbar.

Guest amdzero
Awesome, thanks dude I appreciate you looking into it.

Sorry about the confusion of the upper left -- what I meant was this...If you go into the samsung settings app > display settings > large indicator and then turn it on, when you tap on the top bar (taskbar icons) -- the standard stock large indicator appears. However, if you tap in the upper left area (black space to the left of the first taskbar icon), the customized \ colored large indicator still shows up. What I would like is just to have the customized large indicator disabled, along with the colored \ customized icons disabled (I'm assuming they are both part of the same package, but wtf do I know, I could be wrong :)) and go back to stock taskbar.

I think you are talking about the colored status icons when you tap the upper left, or even the clock.

When you enable Large Icons through samsung settings you are enabling just the status icons themselves as being the target of a tap. What I mean is the colored status icons (windows mobile default) still show up if you tap on the taskbar, but not on a status icon. This is normal behavior. The reason it is different probably because of start.dll used to "catch" the upper left clicks and launch mainmenu.exe in its place. So you weren't able to click there to get the status icons at all.

the only think I could probably do is disable that upper left area all together using start.dll and a dummy launch file, but that still means touching the clock with bring up the colored status icons and not the Large Indicator icons.

Guest snapz54

amd or anyone,

why am i not given the option to select my

'junk mail folder" or any folder besides

'inbox' to be uploaded to my phone in messaging/hotmail/menu/tools/manage folders?????

any ideas? its always been there before

Guest abuttio

Please don't flame me here..

How do I initiate a flash using your tool?

I've been cooking roms for a long time using HTC. I am guessing you need to get into a bootloader mode.

How?

Guest snapz54

I've been cooking roms for a long time using HTC. I am guessing you need to get into a bootloader mode.

How?

for me (xp)

install proper drivers on your computer

deselect everything in connection settings in Windows mobile device center

turn off phone,

select rom in tool

check both options in tool

detect

and then connect phone to computer and process handles itself.

for windows 7

just go into xp compatibility mode right? then follow the rest of the steps

Guest amdzero

How?

Guest mikee4fun

Well got my new i920 today but not even sure what I can do with it.

Came with

PDA: S:i920.2.0.vDG21.21906

CSC i920.DG21

Can I flash with this version of the phone? Also running windows 7x64

Thanks

Guest abuttio
for me (xp)

install proper drivers on your computer

deselect everything in connection settings in Windows mobile device center

turn off phone,

select rom in tool

check both options in tool

detect

and then connect phone to computer and process handles itself.

for windows 7

just go into xp compatibility mode right? then follow the rest of the steps

Where are the proper drivers for this? I found some at the Octans page on this site: http://darkforestgroup.com/forum/index.php?topic=605.0

Obviously they aren't working...

Guest snapz54

you already have the update so you don't have to worry about anything, flash amd's base rom to start. download his tool and follow instructions in my last post.

the drivers you guys need are according to operating system you run, I forget who collected them and posted them somewhere. If you have an xp machine that's the easiest.