[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest mikee4fun
you already have the update so you don't have to worry about anything, flash amd's base rom to start. download his tool and follow instructions in my last post.

the drivers you guys need are according to operating system you run, I forget who collected them and posted them somewhere. If you have an xp machine that's the easiest.

Thanks snapz! Well looks like it won't go on Windows 7 x64 so I will attempt through my XP machine.

Guest abuttio
you already have the update so you don't have to worry about anything, flash amd's base rom to start. download his tool and follow instructions in my last post.

the drivers you guys need are according to operating system you run, I forget who collected them and posted them somewhere. If you have an xp machine that's the easiest.

This royally f*&^$# sucks.. I am so sick and f(*#ing tired of the inconsistencies and hangups in the stock rom.

HTC is so much easier.

I guess I will have to stick with stock roms.

Guest amdzero

if you need help flashing on a win7 device, look here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

yes its a GSM thread, and YES those drivers work for our CMDA phone.

The HARDEST part about flashing our phone is getting the drivers installed.

Step 1 install the drivers (which can be a PITA with win7 64bit but it is possible. This is what I use)

Step 2 launch my i920 flasher program and load up the flash file. check all checkboxes and click detect button.

Step 3 connect the phone while OFF (you can also have it connected already and click soft reset)

The idea here is that when the phone first boots up, it goes into flash mode for about 5 seconds if there is a usb connection.

Guest amdzero
This royally f*&^$# sucks.. I am so sick and f(*#ing tired of the inconsistencies and hangups in the stock rom.

HTC is so much easier.

I guess I will have to stick with stock roms.

what keeps giving you hangups? the official samsung stock rom, or one of my custom roms?

Guest snapz54
amd or anyone,

why am i not given the option to select my

'junk mail folder" or any folder besides

'inbox' to be uploaded to my phone in messaging/hotmail/menu/tools/manage folders?????

any ideas? its always been there before

I need access to my junk mail in the phone. amd?

I need access to my junk mail in the phone. amd?

I have two email accounts -- one is gmail using activesync (exchange sync) and the other imap from work.

I can sync all and any folders with both accounts, including my spam folders.

One thing I hate (and I know it can't be fixed, researched it for hours) is that stupid "download internet pictures" crap with pocket outlook -- as if I wanna tap a button every time...

Whatever genius at microsoft came up with that idea -- and also came up with putting no option in to turn it off and to download internet pictures automatically needs to be castrated.

Only other thing i can do is use a different mail client, but that is even worse because then chome and spb shell won't display my message count :|

Another thought -- SPB skin is nice but I wish there were two email widgets...one for each account...not a huge deal and I'm sure if i took 2 seconds to set some setting i could probably get it working that way :P I'll give it a shot.

Edited by surgex

Guest snapz54
I'm not sure, I don't sue junk mail. It worked in stock? maybe this is a 6.5.x issue?

I use my gmail for work related stuff but I still have my old hotmail from high school and a bunch of people only have that address so it's hard to say goodbye to it. But as far as I can remember yes, it hasn't worked with 6.5.5 but as far as hotmail, it won't let me select and download any of my user created folders, only automatically downloads inbox, sent, trash, and a few other default folders.

Guest abuttio
if you need help flashing on a win7 device, look here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

yes its a GSM thread, and YES those drivers work for our CMDA phone.

The HARDEST part about flashing our phone is getting the drivers installed.

Step 1 install the drivers (which can be a PITA with win7 64bit but it is possible. This is what I use)

Step 2 launch my i920 flasher program and load up the flash file. check all checkboxes and click detect button.

Step 3 connect the phone while OFF (you can also have it connected already and click soft reset)

The idea here is that when the phone first boots up, it goes into flash mode for about 5 seconds if there is a usb connection.

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&39fecb1&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

OR (Without compatiblity mode)

[setup] Windows Vista

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&39fecb1&0&3#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

Never flashes...

Edited by abuttio

Guest abuttio

I had to change USB ports.. It finally flashed.

This is probably the most hassle I have ever gone through to flash a GD phone. :P

Edited by abuttio

Guest the sandman
AMDZero, any chance you are gonna bring ZeroSense back? I am still on it and love it. Thanks, man!

does the original ZeroSense work on the latest official DG21 update?

Guest amdzero
AMDZero, any chance you are gonna bring ZeroSense back? I am still on it and love it. Thanks, man!

I'm hard at work on it actually. Many problems I'm trying to fix. It mostly works, but I can't get the sms AND mms to work. its either I use WM sms/mms or I can use HTC sms (which I prefer). I'm thinking if I can't get it fixed soon I'm going to scrap it and just use WM sms/mms.

I tried all the links that have been posted here to try and fix the mms, nothing is working. I've tried the Verizon MMS server settings, but no joy.

I've tried LEO, Imagio, Rhodium, Pyrorob, HUASHAN, and even oboe packages for htc messaging, and messaging client, but its just not working. Its a shame too because it is so smooth and integrated in HTC sense, it just works great, well until it's time to send the damn MMS out through the airwaves LOL. So it doesn't work but I can attach a picture, and even use the camera to start the mms program, its threaded and combines sms/mms into a single panel per user/phone number. I REALLY want to get this to work, but I'm stuck.

So in short, yeah there will be a public release eventually.

Guest justindee

Hello AMD, You rock! Having a small issue with the SPB shell version of your rom, it is awesome by the way but every time it goes landscape especially in web browsers the whole system locks up forcing a battery pull, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello AMD, You rock! Having a small issue with the SPB shell version of your rom, it is awesome by the way but every time it goes landscape especially in web browsers the whole system locks up forcing a battery pull, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine doesn't lock up but that is so god damn annoying -- there's no way to disable opera 10 from auto rotating and keeping ettiquite on...and when opera is running, not only does it auto rotate when it's in the foreground, every other app on the device (including spb shell) starts rotating as well, even with opera running in background. It's so dumb...I called them out on their forums for not having a setting to turn it off, but I doubt they will care.

Guest amdzero
Mine doesn't lock up but that is so god damn annoying -- there's no way to disable opera 10 from auto rotating and keeping ettiquite on...and when opera is running, not only does it auto rotate when it's in the foreground, every other app on the device (including spb shell) starts rotating as well, even with opera running in background. It's so dumb...I called them out on their forums for not having a setting to turn it off, but I doubt they will care.

I find this quite annoying as well, but I don't ever use etiquette mode.

Hey all, I was playing with the verizon galaxy S yesterday, and their swype has haptic feedback.

This is one of the reasons I like to use the Samsung XT9 keyboard on the O2...I'm wondering if there's any way to do this with swype on our phone?

I have 3.9 installed right now (the one dumped from tmo rom from some htc i think HD2) with the lesscro skin.

Sorry to take this off topic but if anyone knows, please post :P

I couldn't find anything on xda \ here \ web

EDIT:

Looks like it support haptic feedback on the HD2...why not our phone? :|

Edited by surgex

Guest amdzero
Hey all, I was playing with the verizon galaxy S yesterday, and their swype has haptic feedback.

This is one of the reasons I like to use the Samsung XT9 keyboard on the O2...I'm wondering if there's any way to do this with swype on our phone?

I have 3.9 installed right now (the one dumped from tmo rom from some htc i think HD2) with the lesscro skin.

Sorry to take this off topic but if anyone knows, please post :P

I couldn't find anything on xda \ here \ web

EDIT:

Looks like it support haptic feedback on the HD2...why not our phone? :|

not sure but you CAN turn on touch screen vibrate. Its not exactly the same, but the screen will vibrate anytime you touch it. So you can "feel" the keys as they are pressed.

Guest xlightwaverx

sounds seductive. gonna have to cook me a version. :P

X

not sure but you CAN turn on touch screen vibrate. Its not exactly the same, but the screen will vibrate anytime you touch it. So you can "feel" the keys as they are pressed.

sounds seductive. gonna have to cook me a version. :P

X

I don't like that personally...it buzzes on every touch event, even if its not on a "touchable element"

Ill go through the registry and see if I can get swype feedback working

Guest amdzero
I don't like that personally...it buzzes on every touch event, even if its not on a "touchable element"

Ill go through the registry and see if I can get swype feedback working

sounds good, was it working that way on the stock rom?

Guest CxThree

I love the rom. I use to use the camera app to take pics and upload them to facebook(I have a 2yr old and grandma loves to see pics). After taking the photo, the camera app would allow me to select the option to upload it and then launch the communities app from samsung. Is that available in a cab? Is there a better way to send them to facebook from this rom?

Also, I loaded sktools to try to move some items like the facebook app, and even spbshell over to My Storage. However, it does not detect them so it cannot move them. IS that becasue they are baked in and it does not see the install info? The only way I can think of to do this is to start with your lite rom and build the same spbshell you have here. Prolly not going to happen. :P

Last question. Anyway to sync other folders in hotmail? I thought I use to be able to do that but do not get the option now. IE. I have several subfolders under my inbox. I do not see them in the client in this rom and when I try to manage folders, I do not get them as options.

Edited by CxThree

Guest amdzero
I love the rom. I use to use the camera app to take pics and upload them to facebook(I have a 2yr old and grandma loves to see pics). After taking the photo, the camera app would allow me to select the option to upload it and then launch the communities app from samsung. Is that available in a cab? Is there a better way to send them to facebook from this rom?

Also, I loaded sktools to try to move some items like the facebook app, and even spbshell over to My Storage. However, it does not detect them so it cannot move them. IS that becasue they are baked in and it does not see the install info? The only way I can think of to do this is to start with your lite rom and build the same spbshell you have here. Prolly not going to happen. :P

Last question. Anyway to sync other folders in hotmail? I thought I use to be able to do that but do not get the option now. IE. I have several subfolders under my inbox. I do not see them in the client in this rom and when I try to manage folders, I do not get them as options.

The communities has been posted a few times, look back through the threads and you'll find a cab.

Facebook cannot be moved, as it is cooked in. Programs that are cooked in cannot be deleted. If you delete them manually, the rom will re-create them. Its a "feature" of windows mobile. The idea is if you screw up and delete an essential file, it can be recovered immediately.

Hotmail doesn't sync the folders, as I didn't cook in Windows Mobile Live. I'll see if I can cab it up for you, but its an additional program in the sys folder that I don't usually cook, because who uses live anymore?

Guest CxThree
The communities has been posted a few times, look back through the threads and you'll find a cab.

Facebook cannot be moved, as it is cooked in. Programs that are cooked in cannot be deleted. If you delete them manually, the rom will re-create them. Its a "feature" of windows mobile. The idea is if you screw up and delete an essential file, it can be recovered immediately.

Hotmail doesn't sync the folders, as I didn't cook in Windows Mobile Live. I'll see if I can cab it up for you, but its an additional program in the sys folder that I don't usually cook, because who uses live anymore?

Thanks for the info. I can grab a copy windows mobile live. I use it and the WIndows Phone 7 platform will be using it too.