CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

Guest AntonioPT
:P

The Linux install file with images has uploaded! :( :(

It's in the first post!

The linux install zip you provided doesn't have the apropriate execute permissions. I made a .tar.gz with all the apropriate permissions.

Please replace the zip on the first page with the tar.gz so that noobs don't have to chmod files :)

Link

Guest DanWilson
The linux install zip you provided doesn't have the apropriate execute permissions. I made a .tar.gz with all the apropriate permissions.

Please replace the zip on the first page with the tar.gz so that noobs don't have to chmod files :P

Link

Damn. OK. Thanks for the link and fix!

Yes, these are bugged. Take out the battery of your pulse and next time you boot your phone skip the gapps install.

Thank you... I would have been stuck forever!

One final (i hope) question, the menu is vertical scrolling not horizontal and I cannot have a wallpaper behind this. Is there a way to get this or has it been taken out with 0.50? It was there before as seen here:

Guest Totyasrác
What about videos on the SD card? (I haven't got any for testing...)

I have some videos taken with the camera before (3gp format) - only the sound is played, video is not shown :-o

Edit: okay, it was answered while I was playin' with my Pulse :P

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest DanWilson
I have some videos taken with the camera before (3gp format) - only the sound is played, video is not shown :-o

Dammit - so many different opinions! Sigh. Fixing again.

Guest Totyasrác
Dammit - so many different opinions! Sigh. Fixing again.

Another one: pictures are visible (through Gallery) in normal mode, but as soon as the phone is turned (landscape mode) picture is messy. Turning back the phone (to portrait mode) gives back the correct picture again :(

So rotation sensor works nicely, but something is messed up with picture rotation display :)

Thank you... I would have been stuck forever!

One final (i hope) question, the menu is vertical scrolling not horizontal and I cannot have a wallpaper behind this. Is there a way to get this or has it been taken out with 0.50? It was there before as seen here:

that's not the standard launcher. Somebody installed ADW.

Guest MikeRame

Another one: pictures are visible (through Gallery) in normal mode, but as soon as the phone is turned (landscape mode) picture is messy. Turning back the phone (to portrait mode) gives back the correct picture again :(

So rotation sensor works nicely, but something is messed up with picture rotation display :)

That's a gallery bug, there's a fixed version somewhere in the other topic.

(edit: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...t&id=62040)

Edited by MikeRame

Guest Totyasrác

Just had two reboots - while playing around with my navigation sw (Sygic MobileMaps).

Installed smoothly, worked fine.

Started for the 2nd time: rebooted phone.

After reboot started fine, received a call, rejected it, exited MobileMaps, tried to open GTalk - rebooted again.

Just for the record. Appearently heavy load causes reboot (need to be confirmed though).

Guest MikeRame
Just had two reboots - while playing around with my navigation sw (Sygic MobileMaps).

Installed smoothly, worked fine.

Started for the 2nd time: rebooted phone.

After reboot started fine, received a call, rejected it, exited MobileMaps, tried to open GTalk - rebooted again.

Just for the record. Appearently heavy load causes reboot (need to be confirmed though).

Do you have JIT enabled?

Guest Epic-Emodude
I guess not (unless it's enabled by default in Tom's version). Any way to check/enable/disable it?

See Flibblesans post below on how to enabke jit

Edited by Epic-Emodude

Guest Epic-Emodude
It's possible to go back to 2.1 if I don't like 2.2, right? Just use timemachine?

Create a nandroid backup before you go to 2.2 When youve finnished there restore your 2.1 backup. You may wish to make a backup of 2.2 so you can easily go back to it

We (well tom and fibble) have got most things working, albeit a little complicated to set up (data , market, a2sd fixes etc.). It seems the only major issue is camera. So perhaps the time has come to build that first flashable zip which includes the manual a2sd fix, data and the market fix (if its possible) ? Cough Coufibble Cough! :P

I think its enabled by default as an experiment. i think that theres a disable jit flashable zip lying around somewhere... check the Pulse Dropbox account...

Please don't flash any zips to disable jit on froyo. You'll end up replacing critical system files. In fact, ignore the Pulse Dropbox account as it contains nothing useful for Froyo at this time.

All you need to do is add one line to the build.prop

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

and that will disable JIT