new official samsung rom

Guest jbarrick

Guest jbarrick

I have run into dead ends trying to get an updated official rom. Part of the reason I want one is to learn how to cook a semi-lite rom, the other reason is just to use in the meantime rather than current lite roms.

Where do I find one? Does someone have to share it with me?

For a good contribution would someone want to make it for me instead?

(it would contain a number of stock files and apps, but I would want a lot of the unneeded especially large ones removed, and if possible a couple of extra cabs built in)

I have tried to download the JC2 offical rom from the sitcky topic in this forum but the copy I downloaded doesn't seem to have the right file. (four files .csc .eb0 .mst compressed bin)

Guest jbarrick

Does anyone have a already created semi lite version of any form? I have spent hours trying to understand how to use the available kitchens and it is just beyond me. I understand working on windows files just having trouble with windows mobile.

Guest Thunder141

i managed to "lighten" the official jc2 rom. But only for german stock rom version, cause I have no other rom_dump from a base version.

Does anyone have a already created semi lite version of any form? I have spent hours trying to understand how to use the available kitchens and it is just beyond me. I understand working on windows files just having trouble with windows mobile.

Guest Terry666
I have run into dead ends trying to get an updated official rom. Part of the reason I want one is to learn how to cook a semi-lite rom, the other reason is just to use in the meantime rather than current lite roms.

Where do I find one? Does someone have to share it with me?

For a good contribution would someone want to make it for me instead?

(it would contain a number of stock files and apps, but I would want a lot of the unneeded especially large ones removed, and if possible a couple of extra cabs built in)

I have tried to download the JC2 offical rom from the sitcky topic in this forum but the copy I downloaded doesn't seem to have the right file. (four files .csc .eb0 .mst compressed bin)

Those are the files you need... The .MST is the full ROM. You can use the OCTANS 2.14 and that's it....

Guest jbarrick
Those are the files you need... The .MST is the full ROM. You can use the OCTANS 2.14 and that's it....

Yeah thanks. I already use octans for flashing but I was trying to make it a semi lite rom rather than have to use a lite rom and reinstall have of the cabs. I mostly would like to get rid of some of the large unused programs that waste a lot of space.