Recovery mode errors after jpc

Guest ColinMCMXC

Guest ColinMCMXC

ok, so i updates to jpc and i love it, but when i try and use clockwork recovery, by way of update.zip it tells me there is an verification error, and its the same with the new voodoo lag fix

Correct me if I'm wrong but the kernel from JPC can't be for now rooted you have to downgrade kernel do all your "hacks" and flash back to jpc kernel

There is a "pack" on xda but seems down for now

Guest ColinMCMXC

i have the device rooted, and everything else is working great, just the recovery is a bit off

what about, clockwork recovery, do you think flashing it with odin would work?

Guest reddyboy
i have the device rooted, and everything else is working great, just the recovery is a bit off

what about, clockwork recovery, do you think flashing it with odin would work?

ClockworkMode Recovery doesn't work with the last Froyo firmwares since JP3. Don't even try use it. And Voodoo lagfix is incompatible with ClockworkMod Recovery too.

Guest ColinMCMXC

yeah, there not as severe as the stock rom that was on it, but there still there, and when i install the one click lag fix my quadrant scores do go up by quite allot

but its the interface that suffers the most, i see a slight improvement with the OCLF but ive heard that the voodoo fix is brilliant.

Guest Igniztion

Voodoo lagfix is only available on Eclair ROMs as for now. Won't be available on Froyo until Samsung releases the sources for the kernel, or at least that's what it says on the project voodoo website.

To apply update zips on JPC, you need to temporary flash another kernel, like you did when you got it rooted. Seems like Samsung changed their signature verification procedure.