22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest aegdawson
This kernel from IR is working fine... No freeze for 48hrs now great battery life.. all BT/FM blah blah working

2.6.35.4_SVS-950mV_BFS_20100911_2106

it is a non HAVS kernel

Where do I get it from and how do I install it? Any drawbacks? Actually I just fund it and flashed it result is Wi-fi not working any longer. Any solution??

Possibly found my own answer http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654416

Edited by aegdawson

Guest ssmithri2
This kernel from IR is working fine... No freeze for 48hrs now great battery life.. all BT/FM blah blah working

2.6.35.4_SVS-950mV_BFS_20100911_2106

it is a non HAVS kernel

Are FM, BT, Hotspot, and USB tethering all functional with this kernel as well?

EDIT: Not sure what "blah, blah" meant :lol:

Edited by ssmithri2

Where do I get it from and how do I install it? Any drawbacks? Actually I just fund it and flashed it result is Wi-fi not working any longer. Any solution??

Possibly found my own answer http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654416

well my wifi is working... it seems tht somehow the wpa_supplicant file in /data/misc/wifi lost its read access... just give it chmod 777 and it should work... :lol:

Guest negreenfield

Kernel is working great so far. Only tested fm radio and it's fine. I'll try bluetooth and hotspot later. Very stable too so far.

Edited by negreenfield

Guest Jason Patel

Can you change back to the normal Froyo dialer? I have already tried install without Rosie including the standard contact, but HTC dialer still appears.

I am happy to swap out files manually if someone can indicate what files are involved

Background: I like the dialler itself I just dont like the fact you cannot select what groups are displayed, where as you can in standard android. I have 100's of contacts in my Gmail but only want around 50 displayed on my phone

Guest aegdawson
well my wifi is working... it seems tht somehow the wpa_supplicant file in /data/misc/wifi lost its read access... just give it chmod 777 and it should work... :lol:

Nop tried all that and cannot get the Wi-Fi working perhaps I'm downloading it from the wrong source.

Just got it working now. Had to manually extract bcm4329.ko from the installation archive and then do adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko no idea why but anyway a happy customer now :-)

Edited by aegdawson

Guest vanessa13006
Kernel is working great so far. Only tested fm radio and it's fine. I'll try bluetooth and hotspot later. Very stable too so far.

Wifi is not working for me with this kernel. Nand restore.

Guest negreenfield
Wifi is not working for me with this kernel. Nand restore.

Hmm, sorry to hear. Wifi worked for me right away, didn't have to push any extra files our anything. I use amon recovery, don't know if that makes any difference if you happen to be using clockwork.

Looking forward to the update Paul.

Guest vanessa13006
Hmm, sorry to hear. Wifi worked for me right away, didn't have to push any extra files our anything. I use amon recovery, don't know if that makes any difference if you happen to be using clockwork.

Looking forward to the update Paul.

Used Amon Ra. When tried to connect to wifi had an error message. Anyway will have an update soon :lol: Moreover I have no issue with the kernel which is provide in the kitchen so I can use it again.

Edited by vanessa13006

Guest slave.of.pain
1. I installed the r24 ROM with the 5.08.00.04 radio image (baked).

2. I installed the r24 ROM without the 5.08.00.04 radio image, by installing the radio image before flashing r24.

Both times I had the SIM recognition problem after standby. :lol:

My network: O2 Germany

Now I switched back to the r24 (2.09) version und there's no problem with the SIM.

Hi,

same problem here. Ive got O2 Germany and VF N1(previous ROM was Leofroyo 2.0.1 with Radio 5.08.00.04) and after waking the phone up or entering a phonecall, when the screen turns off, the network connection is gone.

Guest vanessa13006
Hi,

same problem here. Ive got O2 Germany and VF N1(previous ROM was Leofroyo 2.0.1 with Radio 5.08.00.04) and after waking the phone up or entering a phonecall, when the screen turns off, the network connection is gone.

Very bizarre this issue. Some people have and some people have not. Maybe it's a matter of provider. I never had this problem with this rom.

Edited by vanessa13006

i also have a vodafone.de n1. but not using o2.

2.09 r24 runs with no sim issue, 2.10 r24 has it.

what is the difference between the two versions?

i also had this problem with evils and kings rom.

Hi Paul and the Modaco group,

above all GR8 JOB!!!

the R24 is amazing.

having said this now i can add that for some reason after "updating" from a baked rom from a week ago to yesterday's baked rom

i faced few problems, the ohone stuck, and reported that the titanium backup has to be stopped, so i returned to last week backed rom,

another issue will be the ebuddy app that seems to get stuck when changing the connection from WIFI to 3G

please advice, do i need to do a full wipe when updating the rom?

and again gr8 work guys :lol:

wiered problem with in fact all Desire roms.

When I look at my calendar all the appointments are in Europe/Brussel while I am located in the Netherlands and had suspected they would be Europe/Amsterdam at least.

Is this something I can change myself ? The Timezone is not different but its very odd to see that my default timezone is in a different country.

Of course i can change my time on the phone manualy and set it to another timezone but its odd to me and i would love to see if I can fix it

Guest fpantzar

I love this room and paid for an premium account to test it.. But i have a no go for one thing. I play Spotify thru the phone by Bluetoot to the nexus desk dock. This i cant get to working with the room.. Please advise me to find a solution on this issue!!!! Kind regards Freddie

Guest vanessa13006
Hi Paul and the Modaco group,

above all GR8 JOB!!!

the R24 is amazing.

having said this now i can add that for some reason after "updating" from a baked rom from a week ago to yesterday's baked rom

i faced few problems, the ohone stuck, and reported that the titanium backup has to be stopped, so i returned to last week backed rom,

another issue will be the ebuddy app that seems to get stuck when changing the connection from WIFI to 3G

please advice, do i need to do a full wipe when updating the rom?

and again gr8 work guys :lol:

No you don' need a full wipe for an update.