22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

So why terminal get me "error device"?

No clue, really. Besides the files the guy gave you were for Windows, not Mac, but I know for a fact that all you should need on a Mac is the following:

Put the SDK somewhere, plug in your phone to your Mac with the USB cable, make sure USB debugging is on, and in the android-blablabla/tools directory, from terminal, try:

./adb devices

This SHOULD show you Android devices that are currently connected to your Mac and have USB debugging enabled. If you don't see your phone there, I really don't know why it wouldn't. Are you going through a USB hub? Try connecting directly. I myself connect it on the USB port on the Apple keyboard, and it works.

Guest Toni Lähdekorpi

The age old fix, reboot both and try again ;)

Sometimes the adb daemon keeps running but hangs, so it won't detect anything. So either reboot or kill adb by running "adb kill-server", if that doesn't help, then "killall -9 adb".

To see if adb is running "ps x | grep adb | grep -v grep" (or look at the Activity Monitor).

Edited by Toni Lähdekorpi

Guest Big-A-Rob

I posted this on the R21 release topic by mistake since I am running the r24 ROM...my apologies for posting twice, but this is probably the correct forum. I am having an issue with the hotspot functionality. When I try to turn it on I get this error:

SoftapController-->Softap set - failed: -1

WifiService-->Exception in startAccessPoint()

Hotspot worked fine on stock 2.2 and CM 6.0 stable, but after a wipe and install of this ROM I am having issues. I fixed an error of the etc/hosts file being blank already, but still get this error. Does anyone know where I should look to solve the access point issue? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Guest Co.Ag.05
I posted this on the R21 release topic by mistake since I am running the r24 ROM...my apologies for posting twice, but this is probably the correct forum. I am having an issue with the hotspot functionality. When I try to turn it on I get this error:

SoftapController-->Softap set - failed: -1

WifiService-->Exception in startAccessPoint()

Hotspot worked fine on stock 2.2 and CM 6.0 stable, but after a wipe and install of this ROM I am having issues. I fixed an error of the etc/hosts file being blank already, but still get this error. Does anyone know where I should look to solve the access point issue? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

the hotspot/wifi tether error is a known issue with r24. try downloading "barnacle" from the market (you may have to search on app brain market to install). see my post a few pages back for some instructions that I found useful

Guest negreenfield
No news since september 24th... does anyone know if we should expect r25 soon ? I am so eager to make it better...

Yeah, I had to give up on the ROM for now until an update. I tried a few kernels and some were a little better with lockups but the ROM was really slow, or didn't have bluetooth and FM and were quite fast and stable. Waiting until there's something with both. I didn't really want to try a bunch of different kernels until I got it just right so I'm just waiting on a new build. I miss Sense though...

Guest Big-A-Rob
the hotspot/wifi tether error is a known issue with r24. try downloading "barnacle" from the market (you may have to search on app brain market to install). see my post a few pages back for some instructions that I found useful

Update: Used the fix by micromod777 and hotspot is now working properly. Great job micromod777! Lets hope this makes it into r25. Now if the lockups could get fixed and a stable overclocked kernel was added this would be the perfect Sense ROM for the N1. I did find the "barnacle" app in Appbrain but it was no longer available, FYI.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Update: Used the fix by micromod777 and hotspot is now working properly. Great job micromod777! Lets hope this makes it into r25. Now if the lockups could get fixed and a stable overclocked kernel was added this would be the perfect Sense ROM for the N1. I did find the "barnacle" app in Appbrain but it was no longer available, FYI.

Wow, where i find this fix? :)

Guest Co.Ag.05

good to know!

hmm, barnacle shows up for me, but I haven't tried installing it.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/barnacle-wifi-...t.szym.barnacle

Edited by Co.Ag.05

Happy I decided to sponsor. I love the work being done here :-)

While this was previously asked, I did not see a reply. Can anyone advise on the font support for Hebrew in version R24 ?

Thank you,

Noam

Found it - never mind

Edited by nzakay

Guest themorra
:P

I'm going to move r24 to the 'current release' (with prebakes) and create r25 WIP!

I'm still working on porting over some bits of the HD ROM without using the whole base (which is huge)... I'll also updating to all of the latest Desire release, together with bits of FRG83.

P

that was Oct 4... Now its Oct 19.. 15 days later.. crickets..

Guest micromod777

If try one IR's newest kernels, or 9/17 kernel if might fix your Hotspot also. I notice my fix wasn't working on this newer update to 2.10. But once I switched kernels, it started working again.

Guest Big-A-Rob
If try one IR's newest kernels, or 9/17 kernel if might fix your Hotspot also. I notice my fix wasn't working on this newer update to 2.10. But once I switched kernels, it started working again.

What kernel did you use. I had to switch back to launcher pro because sense was having massive issues. The phone would become completely unresponsive while in use and even when it wasn't in use at all. Nothing worse than picking up your phone and realizing you have no idea how long it had been inoperable. That along with the overall sluggishness of sense it was unbearable. I'm not sure if it is an issue with sense launcher or wifi our settings profile switching wifi on and off. To start I have switched to LP, keeping wifi off at all times, and deleted my profile to toggle wifi on at my home location. It has been within g flawless fire the last 2 days. Now I am going to leave wifi on when I get home and see if issues arise. But if you flashed another kernel and everything is working great then please let me know and I will try it out.

Thanks.

Guest Sjoller

I've recently updated my Nexus One from r21 to r24 - I really like rosie and the theme of the r24 rom, but unfortunately it is really unstable - severel times a day it just roboots for no apparent reason. I'm aware that it could be an app I've installed, but the r21 rom was rocksolid, with the same apps installed, so I don't think they are the culprits.

Suggentions to possible solutions are appriciated (I will gladly help out with bugtracking, so this great rom can be finalized), but for now, I'm switching back to r21.

Regrds

Sjoller

Edited by Sjoller

Guest livelifefast
why i can't change boot logo .. i download the rom many time with the 3 options but all same

Same problem over here, tried several ways to get back the nexus one boot screen, like it far better the the simple android text display.

Some one got a way to do it?

Guest Pegasus123

I originally posted about wifi hotspot issues but found someone already talked about it. Thanks and just want to say I am happy to use the MoDaCo rom since I got my Nexus One and now I proud sponsor! Keep it going, Paul and everyone!

Edited by Pegasus123

Guest smith151

Successfully merged GenieWidget.apk from FRG83. Extract GenieWidget.apk from 05/Oct FRG83 build.

adb remount

adb push GenieWidget.apk /system/app/GenieWidget.apk

After that reboot and clear cahe.

I think other FRG83 apps may be installing like this one.

Edited by smith151