OtterBox Dell Streak Impact Case

Guest vagelis

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

I also bought mine today and went for the priority shipping to for the extra few dollars as although up until recently ADVERTISING SPAM leather cases had been my preference the fact ADVERTISING SPAM wanted £32 for a Streak case and they don't have the screw in belt clip or car mount on the case made me decide i wanted something else. I've been using a Case-Mate Tough Case with my Galaxy S and really liked it and this is the closest to that I've seen plus being from Otterbox one thing you can be assured of is that its a quality product can't wait for mine to arrive.

Marc

Guest spences10
Hi all,

I also bought mine today and went for the priority shipping to for the extra few dollars as although up until recently ADVERTISING SPAM leather cases had been my preference the fact ADVERTISING SPAM wanted £32 for a Streak case and they don't have the screw in belt clip or car mount on the case made me decide i wanted something else. I've been using a Case-Mate Tough Case with my Galaxy S and really liked it and this is the closest to that I've seen plus being from Otterbox one thing you can be assured of is that its a quality product can't wait for mine to arrive.

Marc

Dogmann55 do you think you could give a video review of this please?

It looks like the case for me my only concern is being able to push the back, menu and home buttons without the case getting in the way beacuse that rubber casing looks pretty thick.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi spences10,

I'll do a review no problem but not sure it will with video but may give it a shot having looked at the picture to me it looks like the edge of the case by the back menu and home buttons is where it tapers off and seeing as the attention to detail looks so good on the Otterbox case re the other control buttons and it being an Otterbox product i don't think it will be an issue but of course will report what i find once it arrives.

Marc

Guest Dogmann55

@john 123

I'm expecting it to be a hardish case not soft like a silicone case but not shiny and hard like some of those cheap plastic cases either i expect it to be very similar to the Case-Mate Tough Case if you have ever seen or felt one of those it is a rubber case but not soft but it improves grip and protection of the device and from reading on the Otterbox site it seems their case has some form of built in shock protection to will be able to say more once it arrives.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Friday! Wow that's quick!

I'm saving (both cash and time) for the otterbox streak defender case, looks even more robust, although quite a lot more dosh if the ones for other devices are anything to go by.

http://www.otterbox.com/dell-cases/dell-st...er-series-case/ no pic yet, but compare something like the iphmoan4 or storm2 cases for examples

Edited by fards

Guest popetodd

I was surprised as well.

The Defender looks like what I will ultimately want as well but for now the Impact looks like it will fit the bill.

Need something on this thing, it's not insured and with so many people cracking and drowning theirs I am getting a bit paranoid. :lol:

My paranoia may be unjustified though, I've had my Streak since the 3rd day it was on sale (my wife as well) and a good cleaning and inspection this morning shows that it has no scratches, scuffs or wear anywhere on either mine or my wifes.

It's not like we don't use em either, mine lives in my front pocket every day I am out and get's used heavily on a daily basis. Guess I'm just automatically a bit more careful than most when it comes to something that costs half a grand.

I've read mixed reviews from iPhone users, they all seem to to center about how un-stylish it is though.

Vain fanbois, what else can you expect from people who's tech are fashion accessories first and foremost while the functionality as a tool is really nothing more than an afterthought. :)

They did provide some answers to the questions above: from what I've read the case is not slimy, doesn't reek of rubber and isn't a lint or debris magnet.

They also admit it looks like better protection than most of the silicone cases available.

Edited by popetodd

Guest illmatic75

Prety snazzy i must say. I have two cases, pne from dell teh hard plastic one (which i dont mind) but the other one that i got from amazon was prety crap, had a belt clip and to me nothing says a "nerd" more than having a phone on your belt :lol:

Guest MrPokeylope

Can we have prices paid in total to the uk? :lol: Peeeease?

Count me in for one of their products. I don't usually like having things on my devices, but my streak feels naked and open to damage.

Same with my brother. After his mishap with his original, I think he'd want something good to protect it.

Guest Stephen Davidson

So my Otterbox has arrived in Canada and I only ordered it Tuesday. I'm impressed.

As for the product. It's soft, but quite thick. Could be a tad tighter fitting as I find the left side of the case (over the earpiece and front camera) bulges a little bit. Over all I'm happy to have it and for $20 I can't really complain. It lines up well with all the holes except the dell logo on the back. Frankly I think they should have just covered it over.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

Guest GriZlore
So my Otterbox has arrived in Canada and I only ordered it Tuesday. I'm impressed.

As for the product. It's soft, but quite thick. Could be a tad tighter fitting as I find the left side of the case (over the earpiece and front camera) bulges a little bit. Over all I'm happy to have it and for $20 I can't really complain. It lines up well with all the holes except the dell logo on the back. Frankly I think they should have just covered it over.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5.

obviously... we wanna see pictures please :lol:

Ordered one of thse on Thursday can't wait to get some sort of protection for my streak, think i will upgrade to the defender when it's released looks good and way more protection off the pictures from the other models.

Guest maskaler
Hi all

Hoping mine arrives today as reallly want it here already.

Marc

Mine came yesterday and I have to say I'm very chuffed. Obviously it adds a bit of bulk, but it's of precision quality and the screen protector is one of the best I've seen on any device. I can't say I'm looking forward to dropping my phone but I reckon this will stop most of the sort of accidents I'm prone to from causing any lasting damage.

Guest popetodd

Mine came the day I had to send it to Anovo. :lol:

I am quite pleased, looks like it'll protect it quite well from accidental drops from a meter or two up.

My wifes fits hers perfectly, even the Dell logo hole in the back, without any slack for the phone to slide around in.

Well pleased about this case, I recommend it for the price.

Got mine today and it is the perfect fit :lol: think i will upgrade to a defender when they are released but it's a relief having some protection on my streak looks quite chunky, i installed the screen protector upto the edge on the right hand side as the first few mm are covered on the left anyway by the case so the protector isn't really obvious at all.