[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

I try moving the dalvik cache t /cache partition, but is not work with a2sd method, Paul's 2.1 script, and many others. Its create the folders, and copy the files, but use the original folder on /data. (symlink processed)

Sadly it's because the /cache partition is a lot smaller on 2.1 ROMs than it was on 1.5 so it's virtually useless for dalvik-cache. Dalvik can quite easily be 30/40MB in size.. cache partition is only 20MB.

Guest whackster
Here's a list of commands for A2SD: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=5

The dalvik cache is "a2sd cachesd" and jit is "a2sd jit"

Sh4d0w940

Well don't try to use a2sd jit, it didn't work for me, don't know if there is an issue as froyo has jit by default, to enable it edit build.prop and just comment the line

dalvi.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Using dta2sd jit my phone didn't want to boot.

Guest whackster
Darktremor doesn't have any swappiness code so it'll just use the android default which is 60. Swappiness can be any number between 0 and 100, the higher then number the more often Android will swap. Keeping it low means Android will only swap when absolutely necessary.

Gotcha. And what about launcha2sd? I reallly can't find why it would be needed to be edited, the code runs by default setting swappiness to 15, or am I wrong? At least that's what dt help says.

Guest DanWilson
Sadly it's because the /cache partition is a lot smaller on 2.1 ROMs than it was on 1.5 so it's virtually useless for dalvik-cache. Dalvik can quite easily be 30/40MB in size.. cache partition is only 20MB.

Can't we re-arrange the partitions so we have a large system? (Or data for people who have small SD Cards?)

Can't we re-arrange the partitions so we have a large system? (Or data for people who have small SD Cards?)

but then we'll end up with a smaller system or smaller data partition to compensate. Anyway at this stage it's not possible for us to resize the partitions.

Guest DanWilson
but then we'll end up with a smaller system or smaller data partition to compensate. Anyway at this stage it's not possible for us to resize the partitions.

I meant use the old cache partition and attach it to one of the partitions.

But how could we not? Remember before Time Machine we had to <fastboot erase> and then <fastboot flash> the smaller 1.5 partitions over the larger 2.1 partitions? So couldn't we just make one of them bigger on a PC, and then <fastboot erase> <fastboot flash>?

Or am I far far away from the point?

Ok, i've successfully destroyed the ext2 partition, so my FLB 1.6 don't boot anymore. I'll try FLB 2.x, ok the camera does not work, i hope this problem will be solved soon :lol:

Well don't try to use a2sd jit, it didn't work for me, don't know if there is an issue as froyo has jit by default, to enable it edit build.prop and just comment the line
dalvi.vm.execution-mode=int:fast

Using dta2sd jit my phone didn't want to boot.

Yeah it'll replace the current dalvikvm and libs with non-compatible versions.

Guest MikeRame

Hi! I've read that video playback does not work. Is this true for Rockplayer, too? AFAIK other video players are using the phone's built-in renderer, but rockplayer uses something entirely different. I wonder if it works. Maybe even divx movies, since we have JIT.

Hi! I've read that video playback does not work. Is this true for Rockplayer, too? AFAIK other video players are using the phone's built-in renderer, but rockplayer uses something entirely different. I wonder if it works. Maybe even divx movies, since we have JIT.

I'm sure I mentioned that on the first page. Video players need copybits support (basically 2G acceleration). We don't have this working properly.

Guest goce.nakov
I downloaded and installed it from http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtap...-std-signed.zip

then I edit starta2sd and launcha2sd scripts in /system/bin/ to add swappiness:

$bbcmd echo "[ ] Activating Swap: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3" >> $a2sdlf;

$bbcmd echo "[ ] Turning on swap...";

$bbcmd mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlf;

$bbcmd echo 15 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlf;

$bbcmd swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlf;

JIT is enabled on my phone.

Where in the code in both files you put those lines Flibble?

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest totiadrenalin

Yeah the rockplayer plays video, bud it's buggy 2.

The reason of it is what flibble said.

Where in the code in both files you put those lines Flibble?

Seach for "$bbcmd mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlf;" and add the swappiness line after it.

Guest totiadrenalin
Seach for "$bbcmd mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlf;" and add the swappiness line after it.

Flibble.

Why the jit doesn't work for me?

I just can see it in the logcat.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
What makes you think jit isn't working?

Well first the linkpack.

with your froyo_pulse_051.zip I could get 3.7-3.8 Mflops/s without swap enabled.

But with this rom i can get only 2.2-35 Mflops/s with swap enabled.

That the first thing.

Even with swap 64MB I should get even better results.

And I'm shure that I was riding JIT in Froyo_pulse_051.zip when i did adb logcat > logcat.txt

Guest pandinusimp

Hello,

i have a problem with GPS. My phone reboots after a several times turning on an off. I used the energy widget to turn gps on and off and then i turn it on and off several times in the settings. In both cases the phone reboots.

I tried a full wipe with no success.

Can someone check this?

Well first the linkpack.

with your froyo_pulse_051.zip I could get 3.7-3.8 Mflops/s without swap enabled.

But with this rom i can get only 2.2-35 Mflops/s with swap enabled.

That the first thing.

Even with swap 64MB I should get even better results.

And I'm shure that I was riding JIT in Froyo_pulse_051.zip when i did adb logcat > logcat.txt

hmm, i have commented out the JIT in build.prop and i can get 3.7 - 3.8 Mflops on flb2 with linpack, and when disabled i have 2-3 Mflops

hmm, i have commented out the JIT in build.prop and i can get 3.7 - 3.8 Mflops on flb2 with linpack, and when disabled i have 2-3 Mflops

fyi i got that as well - i.e. before enabling JIT had 2-3 Mflops after enabling JIT get 3.7-3.8 Mflops

Guest lilim_ac

I partition my 2GB sdcard with amon-ra recovery with 128MB swap, 128 ext2, rest FAT. then install clockworkmod recovery.

i used flbmod 2 alpha 3 with latest tiny gapps and dtapps2sd-2.7.5-final-std-signed.zip.

i set swappiness 15 in launcha2sd and starta2sd like fibblesan did.

and my linpack score only 1.5!!

then i enable the jit by changing build.prop (:fast become :jit)

and it become 2.3!!

but why is it so far from anyone else like fibblesan and else that can get 3.8??

where is my fault?

Guest AdamBaker
I'm sure I mentioned that on the first page. Video players need copybits support (basically 2G acceleration). We don't have this working properly.

It looks as though Android has a fallback to a s/w implementation of copybit but will use OpenGL h/w instead if available. This suggests it is attempting to use OpenGL and failing. Is that your understanding too?

It looks as though Android has a fallback to a s/w implementation of copybit but will use OpenGL h/w instead if available. This suggests it is attempting to use OpenGL and failing. Is that your understanding too?

Yes, that's exactly what I think is happening.