[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

I partition my 2GB sdcard with amon-ra recovery with 128MB swap, 128 ext2, rest FAT. then install clockworkmod recovery.

i used flbmod 2 alpha 3 with latest tiny gapps and dtapps2sd-2.7.5-final-std-signed.zip.

i set swappiness 15 in launcha2sd and starta2sd like fibblesan did.

and my linpack score only 1.5!!

then i enable the jit by changing build.prop (:fast become :jit)

and it become 2.3!!

but why is it so far from anyone else like fibblesan and else that can get 3.8??

where is my fault?

With the same conditions (except for I didnt update app2sd and use different gapps) it is usually between 3.5-3.8 for me.

Guest goce.nakov
Seach for "$bbcmd mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 | $bbcmd tee -a $a2sdlf;" and add the swappiness line after it.

Hmmm...I edited the files from Notepad, and pushed back in system/bin from RootExplorer.

When I rebooted the phone got stacked in first android logo boot.

I partition my 2GB sdcard with amon-ra recovery with 128MB swap, 128 ext2, rest FAT. then install clockworkmod recovery.

i used flbmod 2 alpha 3 with latest tiny gapps and dtapps2sd-2.7.5-final-std-signed.zip.

i set swappiness 15 in launcha2sd and starta2sd like fibblesan did.

and my linpack score only 1.5!!

then i enable the jit by changing build.prop (:fast become :jit)

and it become 2.3!!

but why is it so far from anyone else like fibblesan and else that can get 3.8??

where is my fault?

Hopefully you didn't try a2sd jit.

Guest naniteboy

where is my fault?

I just tried the same thing - starting JIT via build.prop change and Linpack results jumped from 2.1 to 3.7.

My phone is on FLB2alpha3, final A2SD from DT, gapps tiny, swapper2 (48MB swap file, swappiness 15).

But the thing is - I don't really see any difference in overall phone performace - which is good with or without JIT.

That's also maybe because I still use original SD card that came with Pulse - planning on purchasing 4GB C4 or C6 microSD

this week so maybe then there will be more noticeable difference.

Or - am I missing something in the context or JIT/no-JIT speed?

With the same conditions (except for I didnt update app2sd and use different gapps) it is usually between 3.5-3.8 for me.

What about the Dalvik Cache on SD? Perhaps that is different to fibbles - I think he said he uses Dalvik on SD.

What about the Dalvik Cache on SD? Perhaps that is different to fibbles - I think he said he uses Dalvik on SD.

Me too.

I guess, the only difference is that Flibblescan uses lower swappiness, but it doesn't matter considering Linpack.

Guest lilim_ac
Hopefully you didn't try a2sd jit.

I've tried everything. Change the launcha2sd and starta2sd to set swappiness to 15. Then I go to system/build.prop and change dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Then I restart and it stuck in android logo. Can not boot at all.

Then I tried everything a2sd largeheap, zipalign, a2sd jit, a2sd remove, a2sd nojit, everything and still stuck with android logo.

Then finally I can boot into the system by putting back everything into its former state which in a2sd check written a2sd active and swap active with a2sd defaultheap and a2sd lowmem-default.

But everytime i install any apk it reboot.

Finally i went back with nandroid restore with default swappines 60 (didnt't change the launcha2sd and starta2sd and didn't change the build.prop to activate jit)

and my linpack score 2.3

anyone can tell me what's wrong??

and also what's wrong with a2sd jit?

I've tried everything. Change the launcha2sd and starta2sd to set swappiness to 15. Then I go to system/build.prop and change dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast to dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

Then I restart and it stuck in android logo. Can not boot at all.

Then I tried everything a2sd largeheap, zipalign, a2sd jit, a2sd remove, a2sd nojit, everything and still stuck with android logo.

Then finally I can boot into the system by putting back everything into its former state which in a2sd check written a2sd active and swap active with a2sd defaultheap and a2sd lowmem-default.

But everytime i install any apk it reboot.

Finally i went back with nandroid restore with default swappines 60 (didnt't change the launcha2sd and starta2sd and didn't change the build.prop to activate jit)

and my linpack score 2.3

anyone can tell me what's wrong??

and also what's wrong with a2sd jit?

A2SD jit overwrites dalvik with a version not made for Froyo, so it is a bad thing to try. so that definitely _is_ a problem and may cause performance problems.

I guess it would be nice to wipe, reflash and see what happens then.

Guest lilim_ac
A2SD jit overwrites dalvik with a version not made for Froyo, so it is a bad thing to try. so that definitely _is_ a problem and may cause performance problems.

I guess it would be nice to wipe, reflash and see what happens then.

i've just tried edit the build prop to enable jit. and my linpack score become 3.2-3.3!!

then i have to agree that editing the launcha2sd and starta2sd to edit swappiness to 15 make my phone unbootable.

so any more advises? (so my swappiness now is default which is 60).

If i change it to 15 will the linpack score become 3.8?

also how to change the swappiness? i replace the echo line with the echo 15 line. (which make my phone unbootable)

i've just tried edit the build prop to enable jit. and my linpack score become 3.2-3.3!!

then i have to agree that editing the launcha2sd and starta2sd to edit swappiness to 15 make my phone unbootable.

so any more advises? (so my swappiness now is default which is 60).

If i change it to 15 will the linpack score become 3.8?

also how to change the swappiness? i replace the echo line with the echo 15 line. (which make my phone unbootable)

okay, if linpack was 3.2 then jit runned. probably you should have waited a bit more, maybe the boot process didn't finish.

I guess if you want to change swappiness the simplest way, then (after reinstalling everything) say install swapper2, and tell it to set swappiness.

Guest lilim_ac
okay, if linpack was 3.2 then jit runned. probably you should have waited a bit more, maybe the boot process didn't finish.

I guess if you want to change swappiness the simplest way, then (after reinstalling everything) say install swapper2, and tell it to set swappiness.

yes after testing it four consecutive times then suddenly it reached 3.7!! so what is happening in the background actually?

if I too lazy to format my sdcard again can i do anything with swapper2? (as you know i already have 128 MB swap by amon-ra recovery)

actually I read from azurren thread that swapper2 is not recommended. better to use partition swap.

also what is the differences if i use largeheap or jumboheap?

yes after testing it four consecutive times then suddenly it reached 3.7!! so what is happening in the background actually?

if I too lazy to format my sdcard again can i do anything with swapper2? (as you know i already have 128 MB swap by amon-ra recovery)

actually I read from azurren thread that swapper2 is not recommended. better to use partition swap.

Yes, swapper2 can turn your swap partition (or file) on, and it is able to set swappiness. So you can use it for swap partition as well.

largeheap = 24 mb, jumboheap is (if I remember well) 32 mb, this is the maximum heap size for a java process. It may increase the speed of some apps, but it will result to more swapping, so your results will depend on your phone usage.

Guest totiadrenalin

I'm using dalvik.vm.heapspace=32m in build.prop since flb-mod 1.4

This is equal to jumboheap.

And till nowadays even with froyo I don't have any problem with the pulse.

If u set the swappiness to 15 then the android will move to swap only when it's most needed.

If u have C4 or C6 SDCARD, then maybe letting the system default swappiness=60 won't be some bad idea.

Also In the 2.1 rom I had the /data/data symlinked and moved to /system/sd/data

But with kingstone 4G class 6 SDCARD.

But still the best way is to use swappiness somewhere between 15-30

And swapp partition to be=64MB

And about the linpack application?

Well, not only the amount of free ram memory is the most important thing to get petter results.

how do i flash darktremor A2sd final? i downloaded the zip of xda but it leaves me in a boot loop after flashing?

I flashed it from recovery (had to install Clockwork - AmonRA wouldn't work). I already had Swap turned off in A2SD, turned off Swap in Swapper2 and it worked fine.

Guest Fusion0306
Uninstalling apps causes screen to get stuck at 'Manage Apps' screen with the 'Loading' message; however apps do get uninstalled

I wouldn't say that it's a known bug cause it doesn't happen to me... My apps uninstall normally.

Here is a video regarding my GPS problem.

GPS

This is a good example of why people should provide log information instead of just saying there is a problem.

The relevant log info would show.

D/lib_locapi( 1157): loc_eng_process_deferred_action thread exiting

D/lib_locapi( 1157): loc_eng_init called, client id = 1

D/lib_locapi( 1157): loc_eng_process_deferred_action started

D/lib_locapi( 1157): loc_eng_set_gps_lock mode, client = 1, lock_type = 1

D/lib_locapi( 1157): loc_eng_ni_init: entered.

E/RPC	 ( 1157): 3000008c:00010000 call packet arrived, but there's no RPC transport!

E/RPC	 ( 1157): select() error Bad file number (9)

This makes it much easier to see where the problem is and saves time for the devs that will look into it.

Edited by Tom G

That's what i want to know if this problem is known. :lol:

I'm not been totally keeping up with discussions over the last few days so I've not been able to keep the list on the first page up to date. I've now updated it with all the current issues but really we need people to provide some logs. See my sig if you need help getting the logs and what to do with them.

I've posted up a quick guide to Logcat based on the guide from Cyanogenmod.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...logcat-a-guide/

Edited by flibblesan