[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Hi, I guess this is not a known bug.

There is a problem with astrid app.

When you try to syncronize with remeber the milk, the phone freezes.

Sorry but I don't have the logs.

Hope someone try this and provide the logs to devs.

Hope to be helping the way I can.

Thanks for all the work guys.

Guest goce.nakov

I,v installed swapperr 2 only to set swappiness to 15 and I got swap partition set to 32MB thru AmonRA (because Flib's method of editing "launcha2sd" always resulted of stacking in first android logo boot and I don't know if running Swapper and swap from DT is good thing but...).

So far so good, no freezes, reboots or hick ups, I'v got 3.71 mflops in linpack and multitasking works good.

Edited by goce.nakov

Hi, I guess this is not a known bug.

There is a problem with astrid app.

When you try to syncronize with remeber the milk, the phone freezes.

Sorry but I don't have the logs.

Hope someone try this and provide the logs to devs.

Hope to be helping the way I can.

Thanks for all the work guys.

Here is fibbles guide to getting the logs you need for your bug.

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...logcat-a-guide/

Guest ocid_burn

Hello. I have a problem with the navigation program "Navitel". It doesn't start when I try to run it. It throws out the error.

I/ActivityManager( 1334): Start proc com.navitel.Navitel for activity com.navitel/.Navitel: pid=1538 uid=10039 gids={3003, 1015}
D/dalvikvm( 1538): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.navitel/lib/libNavitelService5.so 0x43e21228
I/dalvikvm( 1538): Unable to dlopen(/data/data/com.navitel/lib/libNavitelService5.so): Cannot load library: link_image[1995]: failed to link libNavitelService5.so
I/dalvikvm( 1538):
D/AndroidRuntime( 1538): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 1538): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x400207d8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1538): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1538): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library /data/data/com.navitel/lib/libNavitelService5.so not found
I/ActivityManager( 1334): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.navitel/.Navitel }

File "/data/data/com.navitel/lib/libNavitelService5.so" exist.

But no such problems on flbmod_v1.6b.

It's not a problem with it finding the library. The problem is that the library isn't loading, most likely due to system incompatibilities. A quick Google tells me that Navitel doesn't work with Froyo as at least one other person is experiencing the same sort of error.

Guest pandinusimp

Can somebody tell me how i get to the home screen without closing (killing) the app? I mean in the 2.1 T-Mobile ROM you can get there by pressing the red (end) button.

I took a look at the surf_keypad.kl. The layout is the same as in 2.1.

I also miss to get to the last used apps. If i longer press the on/off button there is the menu with airplane mode, silent mode and power off. Also in 2.1 i could list the last used apps by pressing longer the power button.

Can somebody tell me how i get to the home screen without closing (killing) the app? I mean in the 2.1 T-Mobile ROM you can get there by pressing the red (end) button.

I took a look at the surf_keypad.kl. The layout is the same as in 2.1.

I also miss to get to the last used apps. If i longer press the on/off button there is the menu with airplane mode, silent mode and power off. Also in 2.1 i could list the last used apps by pressing longer the power button.

As has been said many times the red button function can be set in spare parts. You could also try the home button.

As has been said many times the red button function can be set in spare parts. You could also try the home button.

is it possible to get 'Recent Applications' feature in FLB2alpha3?

also anyone managed to flash apps2sd final successfully? i tried but stucj at android boot screen?

Edited by peelie

is it possible to get 'Recent Applications' feature in FLB2alpha3?

In Froyo holding down the home key brings up the recent applications box, but this key has a dual purpose on our phones as it's also the back key. Huawei changed the function of the key in the kernel and no amount of playing around with the keymap can change this to allow the recent applications to work (I've tried). Somebody that knows the kernel inside out will need to change the code to fix this. The only option I can think of is to disable the back feature on the button and making it function as a home button only, then allowing the red button to function as a back button as well as 'end call'. Then a long press of the home key will bring up the recent apps menu in Froyo. It's a lot of work really.

The Pulse is one of the very few phones that I've seen with a dual-function back/home key. Even the Pulse Mini has separate home and back keys :lol:

Edited by flibblesan

In Froyo holding down the home key brings up the recent applications box, but this key has a dual purpose on our phones as it's also the back key. Huawei changed the function of the key in the kernel and no amount of playing around with the keymap can change this to allow the recent applications to work (I've tried). Somebody that knows the kernel inside out will need to change the code to fix this. The only option I can think of is to disable the back feature on the button and making it function as a home button only, then allowing the red button to function as a back button as well as 'end call'. Then a long press of the home key will bring up the recent apps menu in Froyo. It's a lot of work really.

The Pulse is one of the very few phones that I've seen with a dual-function back/home key. Even the Pulse Mini has separate home and back keys :lol:

I think you've got that the wrong way around, holding back should bring up recent apps. Because of the kernel modification it is impossible to hold back (after a set time its keycode changes to home). I haven't looked at the 2.6.29 code, but if it is the same as 2.6.27 it should be easy to remove the home function and have it function like a normal back button (and we can change the default of red to home). The problem then is you will have no home key during a call (red will hang up).

I don't think the dual function of the power button was a kernel mod (which is strange, why do one in the kernel and the other in android), but we may be able to add an extra function to it.

Hello fibble. Sorry for bothering u as u have some other ideas u r working on. But here goes nothing.

About the contacts problem: some contacts joined somehow. there is a separate contacts option when editing a contact and it went back to normal.

but why i can't fully do a backup on 2.2 via clockwork?

It's updated version but it gives me errors when backing up ext partition. It says failed to mount. I've had the same problem on the comunity rom when i flashed kernel with the one u posted. is there a fix for that?

but why i can't fully do a backup on 2.2 via clockwork?

It's updated version but it gives me errors when backing up ext partition. It says failed to mount. I've had the same problem on the comunity rom when i flashed kernel with the one u posted. is there a fix for that?

No idea as I've not had any problems backing up my entire phone using 2.2

check the recovery log. it should tell you what the problem is.

For some reason I can't get any data for my tesco mobile sim , like i don't even get gprs and the gprs /3g logo is not their . I have also tested the sim card in other phone and the tesco one does work

I've have used a 3 uk sim which did work fine with data .. so this is wierd . :lol:

For some reason I can't get any data for my tesco mobile sim , like i don't even get gprs and the gprs /3g logo is not their . I have also tested the sim card in other phone and the tesco one does work

I've have used a 3 uk sim which did work fine with data .. so this is wierd . :lol:

Is the apn configured? Try manually configuring the apn.

yeap did that .. but ain't you spost to have a gprs or 3g data icon even if u don't enter the apn because before even thogth I didn't enter the apn for 3 , i still had the 3g data icon but data didn't work.

BTW iam going to try to downgrade to fl mod 1.5 to see where the problem is :)

Yeah it was the apn setting :(

thanks tom :lol:

Here there are for other people if they need it ,

Tesco Prepay

Name: Tecso

APN : prepay.tesco-mobile.com

Proxy: 193.113.200.195

Port: 8080

Username: tescowap

Password: password

Sever:

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.02.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Edited by phucte

No idea as I've not had any problems backing up my entire phone using 2.2

check the recovery log. it should tell you what the problem is.

Oh well...

I've found a way over it. I have flb1.2 nandroid backup, so whenever I do a full wipe, first I go back to 1.2 and then to 1.6 or 2.0.

Until there is a solution this will be my way of backing up things.

Guest AntonioPT
yeap did that .. but ain't you spost to have a gprs or 3g data icon even if u don't enter the apn because before even thogth I didn't enter the apn for 3 , i still had the 3g data icon but data didn't work.

BTW iam going to try to downgrade to fl mod 1.5 to see where the problem is :lol:

If you don't have the correct APN the GPRS/3G icon will not appear. ROMS contain a default list of APNs -- that's why even if you didn't enter the apn for 3, gprs/3g works.

Fibble, where is the source for your modified kernel (the one with swap enabled)? Is it on github or haven't you uploaded it yet? :lol:

I haven't uploaded it. The kernel development is the one thing I won't be working on myself.

Fibble, where is the source for your modified kernel (the one with swap enabled)? Is it on github or haven't you uploaded it yet? :lol:

Well, enabling swap is not really part of kernel source - since it doesn't contain .config.

You do it simply by pulling /proc/config.gz from phone, modifying it to enable swap (you change only one line, be it your homework, which one it is), then copying it to its place as .config, then build kernel.

erm which of the tiny mdpis wud i download? both? and do i just flash them from recovery like you would if u wer putting a new rom on?

thanks

Whatever is the latest version. Yeah you flash from recovery.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest AntonioPT
Well, enabling swap is not really part of kernel source - since it doesn't contain .config.

You do it simply by pulling /proc/config.gz from phone, modifying it to enable swap (you change only one line, be it your homework, which one it is), then copying it to its place as .config, then build kernel.

Just one more question: the only thing fibblesan changed on his kernel was the .config file (to enable swap)?

Just one more question: the only thing fibblesan changed on his kernel was the .config file (to enable swap)?

Dunno, I use my own kernel, but he may have changed also that ext3 is enabled (not so important thing, I don't use ext3)