[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Guest shisan
LOL!

WOW!

The froyo became 10sec car from fast & furios with the overclocked kernel.

You definitely gonna have to try that.

4.8 in linpack with JIT disabled.

It's really nice experience.

can you release your rom?

I want to use the overcloked kernel

but i do not how to do

Guest gusthy
can you release your rom?

I want to use the overcloked kernel

but i do not how to do

Download the appropriate version (eclair or froyo) from Overclock topic, flash it from recovery and that's all.

Guest The.Edge

Hey,

I tried to install the latest rom, but I forgot to install the Clockwork Recovery (it was still using the Amon Ra one). Now it gives me errors with everything I try to install. FLB 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.0alpha3 all give the same error:

E: Error finishing boot:

E: Failure at line 383:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Guest Letterbox115
Hey,

I tried to install the latest rom, but I forgot to install the Clockwork Recovery (it was still using the Amon Ra one). Now it gives me errors with everything I try to install. FLB 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 and 2.0alpha3 all give the same error:

E: Error finishing boot:

E: Failure at line 383:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

did you wipe before installing?

Guest The.Edge

Alright, status update:

I managed to get the phone working again by using Paul's 2.1 MCR r15. I also managed to get the Clockwork Recovery working but it still won't install any of the FLB-mod ROMS.

I used all of the wipe-options in the recovery mode (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache and wipe battery stats). After that I tried to install several FLB-mods (1.5, 1.7 and 2.0alpha3) but every single time it gives the same error and tells me it couldn't format. If it doesn't stop there it'll tell me it can't write the boot image.

Guest peelie
Alright, status update:

I managed to get the phone working again by using Paul's 2.1 MCR r15. I also managed to get the Clockwork Recovery working but it still won't install any of the FLB-mod ROMS.

I used all of the wipe-options in the recovery mode (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache and wipe battery stats). After that I tried to install several FLB-mods (1.5, 1.7 and 2.0alpha3) but every single time it gives the same error and tells me it couldn't format. If it doesn't stop there it'll tell me it can't write the boot image.

have you tried reformating your sd card?

Edited by peelie

Guest totiadrenalin

I just splitboot the boot.img from flbmod1.7oc

and the 1 from froyo

and yust replace the froyo kernel with the flbmod one.

and repack the boot.img again.

It worked for me.

Like flibble said.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Nope, I'll just be packing up the latest update once the wifi issue is sorted. Hows the Cyanogenmod work going?

I'm having some problems with ril and wifi. I figured there isn't much point releasing it with no connectivity. I know what the problems are with wifi, I just need to fix it.

Guest totiadrenalin
Yes, there is :(

(for FLB 2.0 alpha3)

flb_v2_oc_swp_ext3.zip

In the future, please try a little harder to find something you need :) We don't want to make double posting/uploading a habit ;)

Hey!

I see that you did the same as I did.

LOL!

That's the easy way!

Now I think that the camera isn't the biggest issue.

If the wifi and video playback issue get fixed?

Who use the camera on pulse anyway?

Guest Fusion0306
Hey!

I see that you did the same as I did.

LOL!

That's the easy way!

Now I think that the camera isn't the biggest issue.

If the wifi and video playback issue get fixed?

Who use the camera on pulse anyway?

Oh, that's Flibblesan's zip, not mine :)

Wifi works for me from the start :/

Guest igor_anta
I'm having some problems with ril and wifi. I figured there isn't much point releasing it with no connectivity. I know what the problems are with wifi, I just need to fix it.

Sure, take your time, the CM release should be as bug free and feature loaded as you can make it to be ;) I wanted to ask, the kernel you'll be using, is it the UK kernel you used for all the Froyo builds or a CM custom kernel with additional goodies, I think that sine if the options they have are related to kernel modifications? Maybe at least include the OC and swap kernel if a CM version is impossible. Cheers, keep fighting the good fight :)

Guest h3dshot

flbmod2.png

Disclaimer: This Froyo port is not yet complete and there are many non functioning components. By running this ROM on your device you should be aware that you may experience loss of functionality compared to previous ROMs as well as possible side effects which could result in a loss of DATA. The developers of the Froyo port are in no way responsible for any damage, loss of service, or any other issues affecting your device. Download at your own risk and please do not contact the developers directly for support. All discussion of the ROM along with questions should be made in the Android 2.2 Discussion Thread.

With thanks to Tom G for the Froyo source project and all the hard work done on bringing Froyo to the Pulse.

This ROM has been built to enable wider testing and feedback from the U8220/Pulse community.

The following are NOT working. Please do not contact us regarding these unless you have some information which could help resolve the issue. Asking us if we've tried this, or tried that is not useful information that could help us, so please don't post these kind of messages.

Camera does not work at all

Froyo A2SD - this also prevents any applications that support A2SD from installing on the device.

Froyo USB & WiFi Tethering

Video playback does not work in any application

Graphical glitches in Gallery caused by same bug affecting video playback

GPS causes the phone to reboot if you disable GPS and enable it again.

Unable to manually select a mobile operator

WiFi does not use the real MAC address.

Screen rotation can sometimes stop working.

All other parts of the ROM are working to our knowledge. This includes SMS, making and receiving calls, 3G/2G data transfer, WiFi, Bluetooth, rotation, GPS, compass, SD card.

post-697226-1284523910_thumb.png post-697226-1284523915_thumb.png post-697226-1284523919_thumb.png

what do you mean by wifi doesnt use the real mac address? mine wont connect to the wifi in my house even though the network key etc is all correct, but works fine if i connect to the wifi at my grandads... this doesnt bother me too much cos ive still got 6month free tmob internet although this is very slow and annoying.

what do you mean by wifi doesnt use the real mac address? mine wont connect to the wifi in my house even though the network key etc is all correct, but works fine if i connect to the wifi at my grandads... this doesnt bother me too much cos ive still got 6month free tmob internet although this is very slow and annoying.

It uses a MAC address from a config file that is identical on all devices, rather than the proper address for the device. If you have your router set to only allow approved MACs then the address will be different and the router will refuse the connection. The fix for it should be fairly simple, I just haven't had time to finish it.

Good news on the video problem. I was testing with FLB 1.7 earlier and while youtube worked it was a bit rough (dropping a lot of frames), I've finally got a data connection working in CM6 and youtube is working perfectly, much smoother than FLB 1.7 did (maybe I had a bad connection). Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't work in my rom, but at least now I know that the CM6 source does fix it. :)

Guest Sh4d0w940
It uses a MAC address from a config file that is identical on all devices, rather than the proper address for the device. If you have your router set to only allow approved MACs then the address will be different and the router will refuse the connection. The fix for it should be fairly simple, I just haven't had time to finish it.

Good news on the video problem. I was testing with FLB 1.7 earlier and while youtube worked it was a bit rough (dropping a lot of frames), I've finally got a data connection working in CM6 and youtube is working perfectly, much smoother than FLB 1.7 did (maybe I had a bad connection). Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't work in my rom, but at least now I know that the CM6 source does fix it. :)

Hehe, if everyone sets his router up to filter mac addresses and no encryption we could all use each others wifi ;)

And nice that the CM port is going so well although I'm already very happy even without camera and youtube.

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest ogiogi

That's very good news ;). So that leaves just wifi and camera not working on the CM port

Edited by ogiogi

Guest gusthy
Good news on the video problem. I was testing with FLB 1.7 earlier and while youtube worked it was a bit rough (dropping a lot of frames), I've finally got a data connection working in CM6 and youtube is working perfectly, much smoother than FLB 1.7 did (maybe I had a bad connection). Now I just need to figure out why it doesn't work in my rom, but at least now I know that the CM6 source does fix it. :(

I guess we are not emotionally tied to AOSP, so feel free to move to CM6 if no better way (and you can manage RIL to work on CM6) :) ;)

Guest igor_anta
That's very good news :). So that leaves just wifi and camera not working on the CM port

Hardware acceleration is working??? I think Tom said that WiFi should be easy to fix. If so camera is the least important feature of the Pulse and the port should be good to go:) Also what about the kernel, I asked this a few posts back, will it be Flibble's swap and OC kernel or will you include a CM custom kernel with new features? Cheers!

Guest gusthy
Hardware acceleration is working??? I think Tom said that WiFi should be easy to fix. If so camera is the least important feature of the Pulse and the port should be good to go:) Also what about the kernel, I asked this a few posts back, will it be Flibble's swap and OC kernel or will you include a CM custom kernel with new features? Cheers!

Porting kernel is a very long and complicated project, so Tom is working on the normal .29 kernel.

Guest igor_anta
Porting kernel is a very long and complicated project, so Tom is working on the normal .29 kernel.

I was reading about that back when they tried porting the .32 kernel so I'm aware of it :) I was mainly asking about some added features that are included in the CM roms, I just know that Spare Parts has extra functions like the ability to change the color of notification text and stuff. Cheers!

Edited by igor_anta

Guest Sh4d0w940
I was reading about that back when they tried porting the .32 kernel so I'm aware of it :) I was mainly asking about some added features that are included in the CM roms, I just know that Spare Parts has extra functions like the ability to change the color of notification text and stuff. Cheers!

IIRC Tom said earlier that most of those functions are about android so they'll probably work.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Stevos

Whilst doing some app development, I came across a bug in FLB 2alpha3 - I can't currently confirm if the bug is present in earlier ROMs.

The value in android.provider.Settings.Secure.ANDROID_ID is a constant which seems to be the standard emulator ID. This means that a lot of software that uses the ID to identify devices will break, for example online scoreboards will potentially combine or confuse all score records.

Apparently this ID should be randomly generated on first boot, and remain constant until a factory reset. Individual devices should not share common IDs. It could be worth checking the install / setup scripts to see if there's anything about the ID that's changed since the official or 1.5 ROMs, it might be an easy fix.

There's a thread about similar problems on (possibly) various custom ROMs:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-dev...272384?lnk=raot

Edited by Stevos

Guest h3dshot

im just gunna smile and nod like i understood what u said ;)