Possible fix for jerky display and some speed increases

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest parcsalooc

Changed LCD to 160. Menus are flying and scrolling inside window is back to previous builds status. Benchmarks on Quadrant have actually gone up for me. I am now getting 840-860 pretty consistently. Linpack is staying the same around 6.9-6.95. This is being used w/ a combination of Fard's previous speed tweaks. Great work. Sticky both threads

sounds good

noobs time , noobs question

is it for 1.6 or 2.1 or both ?

How does it affect power consumption ? (maybe dell did it for this reason or whatever)

Does it improve application rendering in general ? like rockplayer or floating image etc.... application ? (pretty jerky on 1.6 compare to my "old" acer liquid with only 768mhz)

Im not sure but if and how you change pixel density , will fix widget issue like fancy widget or FML etc.. lots of widget are a mess on streak , maybe even "fix or improve" some launcher ? (adw)

thank you anyway for all your effort !

Edited by shinset

Guest Stephen Hyde

power consumtion i cant measure as i tend to hamemr the hell outta my streak (and at the moment its unbootable more than its working due to trying to get froyo going.) anmd i havent tested video yet but in theory it should cause less stutter as the main cpu isnt working as hard

power consumtion i cant measure as i tend to hamemr the hell outta my streak (and at the moment its unbootable more than its working due to trying to get froyo going.) anmd i havent tested video yet but in theory it should cause less stutter as the main cpu isnt working as hard

I see

thank you for the fast reply

just to confirm since you didn t answer my first question can I use your build.prop on DELL streak 1.6 version ? (since you talk about 02 I think its for 2.1 only but Im may be wrong)

TIA

sorry again Im still noob ^^!

Guest parks387
move to where

root explorer, change to Mount R/W at top, then to /system and replace the build.prop contents with the new file. Working great in combination with fards' sysctl! So far 2 hrs of using streak since charge, still at 99%!!

Guest parcsalooc

The only real odd thing I notice is when I rotate from landscape to portrait or vice versa on the app drawer screen, the apps bunch up in the top left corner in one spot then goes to normal in a matter of 1/8 of a second. Doesn't cause any issues or problems for me, j/ thought I would point it out. Anyone else have this happen.? Also is the anything in the build.prop that could increase screen sensitivty?

Edited by parcsalooc

Using SystemPanel to check, the CPU load and CPU clock seemed to be racked right back most of the time. Before hand the CPU would spend an awful lot of time on 100%.

Could this be due to the hardware GFX acceleration being enabled with this?

Dell seriously need to recruit the services of some of you guys on this forum. There build woes would be sorted in no time if the supported you.

Thank you for these tweaks, especially the change it dot pitch to 120. As someone with unusually good eyesight, this is exactly how I want my device to look!! It'll take me time to get used to the menus across the bottom edge though, since all I've ever known previously is Dell's implementation.

Thank you for these tweaks, especially the change it dot pitch to 120. As someone with unusually good eyesight, this is exactly how I want my device to look!! It'll take me time to get used to the menus across the bottom edge though, since all I've ever known previously is Dell's implementation.

anybody using it on att streak 2.1

Guest User Error
I am.

same here. also using the sysctl.conf settings recommended in a thread on here. running smooth so far. the sysctl dropped my linpack from 7.6 to 6.5 but quadrant runs now @ 722...

Guest Stephen Hyde
Using SystemPanel to check, the CPU load and CPU clock seemed to be racked right back most of the time. Before hand the CPU would spend an awful lot of time on 100%.

Could this be due to the hardware GFX acceleration being enabled with this?

Dell seriously need to recruit the services of some of you guys on this forum. There build woes would be sorted in no time if the supported you.

yup. half the reason for the jerkynes in menus is because with the default dell setting of debug.sf.hw=0 android is using software composition for graphics in the ui (games etc use gl so no changes their but the 2d ui doesn so much) so of course bringing up menus etc would peg the cpu albeit for short times - would love someone to compare cpu usage on a live wallpaper with this edit on and off