Possible fix for jerky display and some speed increases

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest ThatSnazzyiPhoneGuy

Thanks a million for this tweak! Just installed on ATT Streak running 2.1. Works marvelously! Not only is scrolling more fluid, but menus load significantly faster. I set LCD latency to 160, and I don't have any camera or YouTube issues.

--Quinn

Guest mancterrier
Thanks for the advice guys, first time ive ever done that and thanks to your insructions was a piece of piss. Works lovely and lag has virtually gone.

Although when i first boot up i get the odd adw launcher force close?

Guest flamingsamurai

Great, in conjunction with fards sysctl this has been the best my streak has ever been.

Although when you press the carrier tab, the recent apps don't show for me (160).

The carrier press to show last run apps is part of the benderui, same as the menus. So you either have the horizontal menus or the carrier tab press not both.

Don't think 140dpi is a supported android res is it? It's just in-between mdpi and hdpi so maybe that's causing some off the problems?

Edited by fards

Guest User Error

Really like the menu across the bottom. These changes plus the sysctl changes and adw launcher really helped. My streak is running sweet and looks great. Hands down the best phone I've ever owned.

Guest johnh123

So I did it, with lcd set to 160, and I've got the black and white video issue. What can I change to get it back to color?

Edited by johnh123

I have the b/w Youtube and camera issues as well, as well as another. I've lost some menu options in Touchdown, including the ability to create a new message. The only thing I can do on the email screen is Refresh, or I can use the magnifying glass icon to search. That's a deal breaker I'm afraid.

Disregard, I'm an idiot. My trial for Touchdown had expired, so I had reduced functionality. Still had the gray Youtube and tearing issues though, would love to know how to fix that.

Guest TheBigAK

I modified my build prop to change the dalvik cache to 64mb and to enable 2d acceleration on 2.1 and have made no other mods and have experienced the grey video and tearing bugs on YouTube and general mp4 video playback. I managed to make it go away with a reboot, but I have also had a few stability issues with the phone freezing on the dell loading screen randomly without me turning it off etc. I am beginning to feel that 2d acceleration was disabled at the last minute as a quick bug fix to enable the release of this 2.1 update in reasonable time. What do you guys think? I doubt it was disabled by mistake, and this repeatable issue seems to support my theory...

I had the tearing video and black and white video issues on my streak like a few folks here. The fix for me was to clear the dalvik cache.

So for those who don't know how to do it. You need your device to be rooted and I use Android Terminal Emulator from the Market.

su

cd data/dalvik-cache

rm *

exit

and then reboot your streak. After doing this my video playback issues were fixed.

Cheers

Zac

Guest Stephen Hyde
I had the tearing video and black and white video issues on my streak like a few folks here. The fix for me was to clear the dalvik cache.

So for those who don't know how to do it. You need your device to be rooted and I use Android Terminal Emulator from the Market.

su

cd data/dalvik-cache

rm *

exit

and then reboot your streak. After doing this my video playback issues were fixed.

Cheers

Zac

that could be the issue actually as the applications for the likes of youtube etc will already be odexed before this edit so clearing cache would fix that as would re dexopt the apps with new changes

Guest parcsalooc
that could be the issue actually as the applications for the likes of youtube etc will already be odexed before this edit so clearing cache would fix that as would re dexopt the apps with new changes

Mine wasn't doing the B&W thing before , but I noticed some sluggishness after screen presses the other day so I decided to wipe dalvik-cache. Rebooted and noticed now all my videos and camera are in B&W. Tried wiping again and still the same way. Guess I might have to put my old Build.prop back in and start from scratch. Opinions??

Was on the O2 2.1 release - Changed to this and it worked, but for some reason things felt a lot slower and less responsive when typing?

I switched back and it's now bricked. Doh!

Reaches the desktop screen but the unlock and sound on off switches are in different places to usual and don't respond. After that 3 button lights come on and stay on.

Is there anyway to connect to the system folder on my phone though the PC and fiddle? or better to just re image?

Thanks!

Found out why it is now bricked - The build.prop I originally copied out, only copied a blank file with the name. So when I tried to paste it back in, it's an empty file lol. Doh!

Edited by DelSan