Samsung say Australian I9000 has no Lag issue....

Guest No Idea

Hi All,

Thought I would share this with you, I sent an email to Samsung just to see what there response is to the current lag issues with this mobile. And here is there email,

----Quote------

Hi Craig

There are no known issues with the Australian version software. Please remove any third party applications and retest your handset. If issue remains hard reset your handset and retest.

It is good practise to power cycle your handset every few days, also the use of task manager to assist in closing open application will improve handset operation.

Note: Please backup your device prior to hard resetting as all personal data will be removed.

Also note that Android 2.2 will be available in the future, but here are no time details for this.

Regards

John

Samsung Mobile Support Technician

----Quote------

Are they for real? Do they think there is no problem with this, if this is the case then it will never get fixed...

Cheers

Craig.

Guest FerdiBorbon

im from Australia, and i have a UK version and i compared it to 2 of my mates Aussie Models, lagfest as expected, i felt sorry for em so i flashed it to M8+voodoo 3.0 lag fix ... now it relates to the topic above :lol:

Guest Andrew Luecke

I'm starting to believe that most the people bitching about lag are mainly complaining about lag whilst installing/upgrading apps. This is something which only takes 1 minute a day (tops).

I'm curious to find out how many people actually have real problems with lag whilst they aren't installing anything?

I'm starting to believe that most the people bitching about lag are mainly complaining about lag whilst installing/upgrading apps. This is something which only takes 1 minute a day (tops).

I'm curious to find out how many people actually have real problems with lag whilst they aren't installing anything?

I haven't complained about lag at all but I have experienced it. And it doesn't only happen when installing or upgrading apps, it also happens when moving from a home screen to the application menu or back, when starting applications (no, not just games), while adding something on the homescreen, when opening or looking at the pictures stored on the phone and some other cases. Ironically the browser or internet is the least lagging thing in my SGS and my connection is slow as hell :> The lag hasn't made me regret chosing this phone though, mostly because paul here at modaco and XDA have given tools to overcome it and some other features in this device are fantastic.

The fact is that if I would've had the chance to pre-test the SGS and lets say HTC's Desire or even the new Iphone4 I probably would've chosen one of the latter just because they operate better and faster without the need to start fiddling with firmwares, kernels or memory systems. I can handle technical things and I like doing it but I'm quite sure not everyone does or wants to. Once the missus needs a new phone to replace her old old Nokia 5000something I'm definately going to look harder before recommending something like the SGS for example.

Guest Andrew Luecke
I haven't complained about lag at all but I have experienced it. And it doesn't only happen when installing or upgrading apps, it also happens when moving from a home screen to the application menu or back, when starting applications (no, not just games), while adding something on the homescreen, when opening or looking at the pictures stored on the phone and some other cases. Ironically the browser or internet is the least lagging thing in my SGS and my connection is slow as hell :> The lag hasn't made me regret chosing this phone though, mostly because paul here at modaco and XDA have given tools to overcome it and some other features in this device are fantastic.

The fact is that if I would've had the chance to pre-test the SGS and lets say HTC's Desire or even the new Iphone4 I probably would've chosen one of the latter just because they operate better and faster without the need to start fiddling with firmwares, kernels or memory systems. I can handle technical things and I like doing it but I'm quite sure not everyone does or wants to. Once the missus needs a new phone to replace her old old Nokia 5000something I'm definately going to look harder before recommending something like the SGS for example.

Yeah, but those lags are only for 1 second or so.. There are people running around saying that they are affected by lag often which is significantly longer..

Guest BlazinHaze

My Galaxy never lags while installing apps, switching menus etc, but ever time I use the mp3 player it goes crazy. I only have about 4gb worth of mp3's on there, yet if I scroll through the artist list, I get a 10-15 second lagg half of the times I scroll.

It's starting to get very, very annoying.

My fascinate doesn't lag - I run pandora almost all day, and the only time I get lag is for 1/2 second - which isn't tolerable.

GO use a windows mobile device and post back here.. lag was way worse :lol: