cant connect lg optimus to windows 7

Guest shammi13

Guest shammi13

plugged the phone in on my laptop using the data cable, device manager does not recognise it. connects on windows xp, but not on windows 7.

cant even open it as a mass storage device

using windows 7 professional 32bit

anyone know what to do??

Edited by shammi13

Guest shammi13
Did you install in the software?

hey,

the phone didnt come with any software, i tried downloading an lg pc suite, but still had no luck.

when i use it on XP it gets recognised as a mass storage device and modem, not on windows 7 though...

thanks

Guest PaulZero

Download the LG Mobile Support Tool, there should be a button there to the right saying "install USB driver" or some such. Click that, find your phone, download the drivers, and watch the pretty progress bars. Oh, and press "next" a lot.

That should work (it did on Windows 7 Professional x64).

Guest AerospaceMango
Download the LG Mobile Support Tool, there should be a button there to the right saying "install USB driver" or some such. Click that, find your phone, download the drivers, and watch the pretty progress bars. Oh, and press "next" a lot.

That should work (it did on Windows 7 Professional x64).

This is ALL true!!

Did that for my W7 Pro install, and mine works a treat!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest im0rtality

Kinda same problem to me, but I cant find GT540 in models list. I see drop box of Carriers and after selecting one phone models appears, however GT540 is not present...

Any ideas?

Guest blaknwyte

Hi, all.. first time poster..

I have the same problem with im0rtality.. all the carriers on the list are US carriers and there are no AUS carriers.. and i cannot connect to the pc

thanks for any help :)