The mother of all tricks, a flash lite with no app.

Guest mkc_vx

The mother of all tricks is just a simple way to have a flash light/lite on the Omnia without the need for an app installation.

Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Buttons

then tap the little right-scroll arrow until you see the Flash light tab then tap it

next check Press volume....etc.

and choose what suits you from the Timeout options which are 20 sec., 40 sec., 60 sec. or 2 min.

then tap ok and you are done. :lol:

now press & hold the Volume Down button and you will have your flash light :)

if you chosen a longer time or just want to turn it off then you can press & hold the Volume Down button again.

The funny thing is that there are more than 3 apps on MS MarketPlace that cost about a Dollar each! ;D

This makes me question the sanity of Bill Gates! Why pay money for things that can be done for free?!

Good Luck

Guest andrew.mazlim
The mother of all tricks is just a simple way to have a flash light/lite on the Omnia without the need for an app installation.

then tap the little right-scroll arrow until you see the Flash light tab then tap it

and choose what suits you from the Timeout options which are 20 sec., 40 sec., 60 sec. or 2 min.

then tap ok and you are done. :lol:

now press & hold the Volume Down button and you will have your flash light :)

if you chosen a longer time or just want to turn it off then you can press & hold the Volume Down button again.

The funny thing is that there are more than 3 apps on MS MarketPlace that cost about a Dollar each! ;D

This makes me question the sanity of Bill Gates! Why pay money for things that can be done for free?!

Good Luck

Jesus... No offence, friend, but you DIDN'T find the... Atlantis, you know! Anyone, if he tried to read the i900 manual, he knows that trick already!

Anyways... Keep searching and learning your phone; keep it up.

Guest nickmo20
Jesus... No offence, friend, but you DIDN'T find the... Atlantis, you know! Anyone, if he tried to read the i900 manual, he knows that trick already!

Anyways... Keep searching and learning your phone; keep it up.

WE (omnia users) have the flashlight, yes... but other phones that are winmo may NOT have that built-in, which is why it IS available on marketplace. the Omnia is one of few with that feature built-in along with in-call recording and a good size built in memory (unlike a lot of newer phones which skimp on built in and the retailer throws in a card).

Guest chopperthedog

This would been news in 2008. Anywho....

Benefits for me to use 3rd party app.

1. Button mapping. (not just vol down)

2. Ability to use whenever I want with any app open or on any screen. (not just today screen)

3. Stock flashlight does not work with WAD open.

I'll have PocketHal (note taking app) open and short press menu button to turn light on. Comes in handy getting a part number off of something using light and writing it down.

good day.

It bricked my device!

Really? Sorry about that. :( I've never used that trick, but I've heard that something special will happen when you press it. I guess that was what they meant. I'm sorry about your phone. :lol: I'll send you mine to replace it. :)

really ??????

Don't worry! I've sent him my phone to replace his old one and now he's using my phone, but now I haven't got a phone at all. :) I just hope he's taking good care of it right now. :lol: Please, don't press that button again.

Edited by blade87

Guest chopperthedog

Nah, Just funnin'...

@blade87 thanks for the device. My kitchen table is finally level again.

You know, I could never even figure out why the hell they would put that useless zoom function on the device.

Has anyone even found a purpose for it or actually use it?

good day.

You know, I could never even figure out why the hell they would put that useless zoom function on the device.

Has anyone even found a purpose for it or actually use it?

good day.

To see a good nipple slip... :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest dove395

then tap ok and you are done. :P

now press & hold the Volume Down button and you will have your flash light :D

Good Luck

Thanks so much!