Overclock

Guest gusthy

Guest DanWilson
I used the ramdisk from flibb's 2.2 rom as I think that's what most of u are using, so there might be some incompatibilities?

Edit: I can't think why there would be a problem though lol?

I'm using Tom/Flib 0.51 Froyo with that image..

Try flashing it through fastboot.

That's what I did.

what needs to be changed in order to get 780Mhz on flb 2.2 with your bootimage or it needs compiling?

Two options really:

1) Unpack boot.img to get ramdisk img, recompile kernel with 780 added, & then repack boot.img with the ramdisk img & new kernel,

or

2) Unpack boot.img to get ramdisk img, get BibBear's zimage that he attached in the multitouch thread, & repack boot.img with them both.

I may be wrong but the second option may mean that you can only overclock from 528 to 780, nothing in between - (depends on what clock speeds BigBear included)

Thanks starkos, i tried the second method and it didnt work for me, i am still learning on kernel compiles so i flashed your zip afterwards and it shows speeds up to 728 MHz :lol:

Thanks starkos, i tried the second method and it didnt work for me, i am still learning on kernel compiles so i flashed your zip afterwards and it shows speeds up to 728 MHz B)

Cool, I think BigBear is adding some cool features to the overclocked kernel but I'll still upload one with 780 a bit later tonight if no one else does first.

Does anyone think/know if adding 800 will be safe? Really can't be bothered to compile to find out the phone won't even start up, or even worse blows up :lol:

Guest DanWilson
Cool, I think BigBear is adding some cool features to the overclocked kernel but I'll still upload one with 780 a bit later tonight if no one else does first.

Does anyone think/know if adding 800 will be safe? Really can't be bothered to compile to find out the phone won't even start up, or even worse blows up :lol:

Overclocked to 800MHzT-Mobile-Pulse-Huawei-U8220-1.jpgits_a_trap.jpg

Yup. Who cares if it's a trap.

I've drunk an Anti-Trap Potion. So I must test it.

Remember, Froyo it.

I think I'll keep it to 780 for now until one of the more knowledgeable forum members gives their opinion cos I have no idea if it's safe on this chip lol

I just made another try with compiling the kernel from git and have 760Mhz in SetCPU with BB`s OC additions, if anybody wants it, i can upload the .zip file in addition to starkos`s :lol:

Guest DanWilson
I think I'll keep it to 780 for now until one of the more knowledgeable forum members gives their opinion cos I have no idea if it's safe on this chip lol

Make it, Mediafire it, PM it to me. I'll test it and report back to you.

Or am I not a more knowledgeable forum member? :lol:

Guest BigBearMDC

Mine one didn't boot if I enabled 800MHz, it was stuck at the first T-Mobile screen (I guess when it tried to set the CPU clock B) ).

So I'm pretty sure that 780 is the maximum that's possible.

Best regards,

BB

Guest DanWilson
Mine one didn't boot if I enabled 800MHz, it was stuck at the first T-Mobile screen (I guess when it tried to set the CPU clock :lol: ).

Best regards,

BB

Awww...

Make it, Mediafire it, PM it to me. I'll test it and report back to you.

Or am I not a more knowledgeable forum member? B)

I had done it and was just about to upload it for you Dan...

Mine one didn't boot if I enabled 800MHz, it was stuck at the first T-Mobile screen (I guess when it tried to set the CPU clock B) ).

Best regards,

BB

Thanks for the feedback BigBear :lol:

Guest DanWilson
Here's another Froyo OC kernel but with 750 & 780 speeds added. Not been tested but should work, let me know either way though...

Data works...

OC does work. I had to re scan the speeds

780MHz

Edited by DanWilson

Guest DanWilson
I had done it and was just about to upload it for you Dan...

Thanks for the feedback BigBear :lol:

Lol.

I'll still try it. Maybe Bobo is keeping secrets from us. Maybe he wants the fastest Pulse...

Data works...

OC does work. I had to re scan the speeds

780MHz

With 0.51 dont work for me. :lol: I see the original graphic Android logo (not the 2.2 Android text), and freeze. With fastboot flash , with .zip....

Lol.

I'll still try it. Maybe Bobo is keeping secrets from us. Maybe he wants the fastest Pulse...

Is it working or not lol? When you scroll the slider in SetCpu are the last 3 speeds 728, 750 then 780?

Guest DanWilson
Oh sorry, my bad. We're actually running at 760 and not 780 MHz, sorry!

SetCPU says 780MHz though... LIEES!!!

With 0.51 dont work for me. :lol: I see the original graphic Android logo (not the 2.2 Android text), and freeze. With fastboot flash , with .zip....

Wierd... You have a Pulse or Huawei branded U8220/U8230?

Maybe that's it.