battery time with gps=on

Guest santoo

hi guys,

i'm thinking about using my b7610 for outdoor fun (geocaching, logging routes/trails, sports, etc) - has anyone experience with their b7610 in this area?

how long does a fully charged b7610 last with GPS enabled?

to be more precise, i was thinking about these conditions: gps = on, phone = on, band: 2g, wifi=off, bluetooth=off, screen=mostly off)

oh, and btw: how "dead" is a phone in sleep-mode? does receiving gps-data still work?

TIA :-)

I have tried it, I got 5 hours of logging with screen ON most of the time but without backlight.

5h with screen ON?

that's more than I would have expected... might last twice as long with screen off *must test*

thanks for the reply, darthveda!

Guest Terry666
5h with screen ON?

that's more than I would have expected... might last twice as long with screen off *must test*

thanks for the reply, darthveda!

I'll tried first... :) 5h looks way to long for me as with 2 x 30-35mins ways to the city and back (morning + afternoon) left me with around 50% power... :(

Previously I had the same feeling with small travels around for fun with the GPS... I wouldn't trust my O2 GPS for more than 2 hours with just battery... :)

ALWAYS my screen was ON maybe low but ON!... :lol:

Good luck

I'll tried first... :) 5h looks way to long for me as with 2 x 30-35mins ways to the city and back (morning + afternoon) left me with around 50% power... :(

Previously I had the same feeling with small travels around for fun with the GPS... I wouldn't trust my O2 GPS for more than 2 hours with just battery... :)

ALWAYS my screen was ON maybe low but ON!... :lol:

Good luck

so for you it's around 3hours with gps=on & screen= on?

May I ask which batteries you use, Terry & Darthveda? The standard one (iirc 1500 mah)? Because I've seen batteries on ebay & co with 1200 mah and some with only 900 mah, so that would explain the difference...

oh, and speaking of batteries - has anyone used more powerful ones? I think I've seen some 1800 mah ones, but nothing bigger for the b7610 :-(

with my previous devices there were also bigger (fatter) batteries that would require a special backplate - not very stylish, but absolutely excellent when going hiking, exploring, etc when you couldn't charge your phone for several days - has anyone seen such batteries for the b7610?