Backup / restore data and rom

Guest Brkic

Reinstalling my apps (including re-entering license keys) and reconfiguring my 4 email accounts... after every ROM change is a bit a tedious.

Is there a solution to make a copy of all data,programs,settings and simply throw in the new WM ?

Or make a copy of the current ROM, data and settings, such as this can be done on a desktop computer (Norton Ghost) and always return to that state was recorded? It would require to flash that backup version of ROM, data and settings.

any suggestion, solution

Edited by Brkic

Guest urphonesux

i tried sprite backup yesterday. It seemed easy enough but.................................

Restoring a level 2 merge was not the way to go. From one rom to the next one INSTANTLY crashed the phone. to the point where the only way i could get ANY response from the phone was if i plugged in the usb cord and let the flasher do its thing.

Holding buttons, pulling battery, etc. did nothing

i tried sprite backup yesterday. It seemed easy enough but.................................

Restoring a level 2 merge was not the way to go. From one rom to the next one INSTANTLY crashed the phone. to the point where the only way i could get ANY response from the phone was if i plugged in the usb cord and let the flasher do its thing.

Holding buttons, pulling battery, etc. did nothing

sorry urphonesux I did not understand where you have a problem with Restoring.

I tried now sprite backup and backup seemed good but I have not tried restoring yet.

Edited by Brkic

Guest urphonesux

the process of backing up was excellent. The problem came after i flashed to a totally different build of wm 6.5 and tried to restore. It did restore everything but it froze the phone to the point of no buttons did anything anymore.

I could make xtask pop up but that was it

i think it may be best to only restore to the same build of wm 6.5, hopefully different rom will be okay since that is the reason i installed this yesterday

Edited by urphonesux

yes, it is not OK, maybe I should remove the system setting from the backup when it returns to a different ROM.

then should return only applications, sms, e-mails... with out system setting

should try