Samsung Galaxy S getting Froyo by month's end for T-Mobile UK customers

Guest LycanX

hello Guys,

For those of you who were disappointed yesterday about froyo getting delayed till october, guess what! it is coming this month itself. Not for everyone, but to T-mobile Uk customers.

This was posted by Engadget.com just now.

Here's the link for some sweet Froyo news:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/22/samsung...le-uk-customer/

ok so I just got a galaxy s phone for att. I was told watch for updates to froyo. I just ran check for updates through the menu. It is updating now. Yesterday there was no updates. I am hoping this is Froyo as Everything I read said it Could be release today. I will try to pst when it is finished.

ok so I just got a galaxy s phone for att. I was told watch for updates to froyo. I just ran check for updates through the menu. It is updating now. Yesterday there was no updates. I am hoping this is Froyo as Everything I read said it Could be release today. I will try to pst when it is finished.

Its hard to believe that it would be FROYO but if it is, its damm exciting. Lets wait and see. Please post about your update, RAM and experiences after you update.

Yea no Froyo. In settings under about phone It shows firmware version 2.1-update1

I am Not sure how to check RAM.

It was real simple and easy. hit MENU>SETTINGS>SOFTWAREUPDATE>CHECK FOR UPDATE

It did the rest. screen and all looks the same. not sure why it was needed or if it was needed at all.

Guest AXIS of Reality

That was the GPS improvement update.

Check Engadget, it makes getting a GPS lock a bit faster, but nothing else of note.

At the moment it seems like Samsung is issuing some basic bug fix updates to the US versions of the Galaxy S.