Rogers Acer Liquid E FLASH

Guest SycSyc

Hey all, i just have a few questions b4 i take the plunge and flash my acer liquid e!

This is a question for all the flashed Rogers Acer Liquid E owners...

After the flash either to LCR or XIAN or leaked Froyo ROM, does the 3G(data) and the voice still working perfectly as before?

This is the only thing thats stopping me from flashing my phone to the newer roms.

Thanks!

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Of course. Nor LCR or Xian will touch your radio (phone module). If you flash the froyo bin your radio will be "touched", but will also get updated to a newer and (maybe) better version.

Guest jeffrohurt

Hey. Haven't had any issues with reception or anything else.

Froyo with LiquidF going strong as can be :lol:

Take the plunge. You won't regret it in the least. Seriously.

Guest jeffrohurt

Hey. I just installed the new leak and just leaving it stock. Pretty snappy and I still have 3g speeds.

If another version comes out, I'll upload that too. The 3g won't leave. Just flash one of these roms and have fun;-)

• 1 month later...

I've tried flashing the following ROM's on my Rogers Acer Liquid E.

Got the roms from LCR Roms

LCR-F_1.0-signed.zip with the patch LCR-F_1.1.1_patch-signed.zip

and

LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

I used this method to apply the ROMs

acer-liquid-malez

The flashing part was easy. The problem was after.

The LCR-F ROM was buggy. Some buttons didn't work properly, keyboard was a bit buggy and I could not connect to my wifi.

It was stuck at retrieving an IP address.

The LCR-E ROM just rebooted the phone at random and had the same problem with my wifi as the LCR-F ROM.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Good thing I took a Nandroid backup before I started.

I think these ROM are for EMEA or APA not for a North American Acer Liquid.

Try the Acer leaked rom. I have it running on my Rogers Liquid E and it is very stable and has slightly improved battery life compared to Android 2.1. If you do not like the Acer theme on the official theme, you can disable it and have a pretty much stock Foryo build on the liquid.

and

LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

acer-liquid-malez

The LCR-F ROM was buggy. Some buttons didn't work properly, keyboard was a bit buggy and I could not connect to my wifi.

The LCR-E ROM just rebooted the phone at random and had the same problem with my wifi as the LCR-F ROM.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Good thing I took a Nandroid backup before I started.

Guest Chewy11

I have a Rogers Liquid E with Malez recovery.

So far for me Rogers service has been as it was out of the box for my liquid(except for ROM's that state things not working....read up on your ROM before flashing)

I have flashed every ROM available to us for the last month and most work as advertised. Bugs have been reported and most users have the same ones. If something is not working try to do more complete wipes in recovery (especially with pre 0.6.1 versions) and try re-downloading ROM's.

This community is great and positive and very helpful, dare I say nOOb friendly!

Keep reading and asking questions when you hit a roadblock!

Guest vanisleguy1976

and

LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

acer-liquid-malez

Not sure what to say! I'm also on Rogers. I'm using LRC-F 1.1.1 over the latest bin (Acer_LiquidE_4.002.08_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.0) and I'm having no issues. In fact, I'm on wifi right now!

So I can at least confirm that location is not the issue. Canadian users should have full function.

Sorry you're having issues, hope you can resolve them!

Guest dennerjw

and

LCR-E_1.8.2.2-signed.zip

acer-liquid-malez

First and foremost, did you flash an official leaked Froyo bin before you flashed lcr-F? Flashing a froyo rom on top of stock 1.6 or 2.1 would definitely have problems. Just asking because you didn't state which froyo leak you used, just the ROM's