Dual SIM Card devices on Streak

Guest spences10

Guest spences10

I want to know if anyone has any recommendations for dual SIM card devices that can be used with the DELL Streak.

I have done some searching and found two examples with two very different price tags, has anyone else got anything to add?

Also what is not clear is how to switch between the two SIMs

Thanks

http://www.freeyourmobile.biz/acatalog/dig..._sim_cards.html

http://www.simore.ch/en/mobile_phone_acces...ell/Streak.html

[EDIT] Links now working

Edited by spences10

That first link doesn't work. That 2nd link's device looks cool. I've never seen that done before. All the solutions I've ever seen use bits of ribbon cable and whatnot. That's slick.

As for switching between the SIMs, all the solutions I've ever seen require an App on the device. And, generally, it can take a minute or two for the switch to be recognized.

Edit to add: It takes an un-jailbroken iPhone a minute or two to recognize the switch. Perhaps an Android implementation restarts the necessary services and the change is quicker.

Edited by MikeF74

Guest spences10
That first link doesn't work. That 2nd link's device looks cool. I've never seen that done before. All the solutions I've ever seen use bits of ribbon cable and whatnot. That's slick.

As for switching between the SIMs, all the solutions I've ever seen require an App on the device. And, generally, it can take a minute or two for the switch to be recognized.

Edit to add: It takes an un-jailbroken iPhone a minute or two to recognize the switch. Perhaps an Android implementation restarts the necessary services and the change is quicker.

I know the first link looks pretty sweet but its £60!! the second option is £14 and looks to do exactly the same thing 0_o just not sure about the switching part?

Havent looked on the market but will have a quick skim to see if there is anything for this

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spences10
spences10, did you try using dual sim with any app? Did it work on Streak?

Nooooooooo, for everyone who is interested in this do not get this product unless you really want to mess up your phone

I got it the sim itself has a thin metal sheath that is meant to hold your two 'cut down' sims, when i tried to insert the dual sim into the streak one of the edges of the metal sheath got caught on the back edge of the sim reader meaning that i couldnt get the dual sim card back out of the phone!! after a quite intense 20 minutes or so i managed to chew the dual sim out of the phone with some needle nosed pliers, very messy

I hear that rebel sim are doing a dual sim holder, they are a lot more reputable so may give this one a go >.<

• 1 month later...