I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest daniel_owen_uk
Root it, remove the crap with ADB

If someone fancies writting instruction on the ADB bit I am right there (guessing I can figure the one click root solution :lol:)

Guest flatnote31

Hey folks..aaah..Droid smells quite nice....totally different from my symbian 60 3rd prison!

Quite eager to mess with this lil genie to see if I'm happy with droid or should just head back to Symbian^3 (although I'm sure I don't wanna go back..they are bad bad people..and do bad things too :lol: )

So, I guess many are still reluctant to take the dive until the unlock is confirmed....I'm queuing in line....

been following the thread since yesterday...good job guys :thumbs up:

Guest David Horvath
Hey folks..aaah..Droid smells quite nice....totally different from my symbian 60 3rd prison!

Quite eager to mess with this lil genie to see if I'm happy with droid or should just head back to Symbian^3 (although I'm sure I don't wanna go back..they are bad bad people..and do bad things too :lol: )

So, I guess many are still reluctant to take the dive until the unlock is confirmed....I'm queuing in line....

been following the thread since yesterday...good job guys :thumbs up:

If i could get my hands on one i could try a lot of turbosim types out, i have a friend who is distributing them, but i still have nobody who is willing to buy and send it to me :/

Guest flatnote31
If i could get my hands on one i could try a lot of turbosim types out, i have a friend who is distributing them, but i still have nobody who is willing to buy and send it to me :/

There was another thread suggesting ismart sim doesn't work on this! Some say rebel sim does... some say and some say

All speculations...no hard evidence...

I may be able to help you but stock of these phones is pretty low and random at the moment so there is no guarantee I can get one for you very quickly. Might take a week or longer at least. I'm picking one up for another forum member next week once his money has cleared into my bank (really can't afford to be buying phones with my own money).

Guest Nik Louch

Am new to Android, and only found this phone because a mate said it was cheap... Looked at the specs, and damn it's amazing value for money... So I got one.

But oh do I hate orange... So, a few questions:

1) How do I get rid of (not hide but be rid of) all the orange junk?

2) Can I put a stock, clean Android ROM onto it?

3) Can it take 2.2?

4) Any chance it will be unlocked soon?

Am so eager to get into Android and ditch my iPhone

Guest Frankish
Am new to Android, and only found this phone because a mate said it was cheap... Looked at the specs, and damn it's amazing value for money... So I got one.

But oh do I hate orange... So, a few questions:

1) How do I get rid of (not hide but be rid of) all the orange junk?

2) Can I put a stock, clean Android ROM onto it?

3) Can it take 2.2?

4) Any chance it will be unlocked soon?

Am so eager to get into Android and ditch my iPhone

All these questions have already been answered within this forum and there really isn't that many topics!

1. Paul has created a package to get rid but describes it as "for advanced users only"

2. Paul is hopefully releasing a MCR rom for this phone tomorrow. Trust me you want this more than a stock clean Android rom.

3. 2.2 will probably eventually make its way onto the device once a few more devs get their hands on it however there will be a wait. It's very early days.

4. That's unknown for now. A site will pop up soon they always do. Not sure on the price though i'd expect between £12-£18 initially!

Guest Boneyneil
Orange are being idorts. Won't send to my area, even though the CSR said they would.

edit: The site is broken.

Hi Remix, Noticed your location, just picked up a Sanfrancisco in Elgin,seem to have a fair number in stock. Regards :lol:

Guest Nik Louch
All these questions have already been answered within this forum and there really isn't that many topics!

1. Paul has created a package to get rid but describes it as "for advanced users only"

2. Paul is hopefully releasing a MCR rom for this phone tomorrow. Trust me you want this more than a stock clean Android rom.

3. 2.2 will probably eventually make its way onto the device once a few more devs get their hands on it however there will be a wait. It's very early days.

4. That's unknown for now. A site will pop up soon they always do. Not sure on the price though i'd expect between £12-£18 initially!

Thank you :lol: Sorry, I started skimming as a few of the terms used confuse me. An MCR? I assume this is akin to a "cooked rom"? I just need to know how to "root it" and apply this MCR then B)

As for unlocking, glad to pay B)

Guest FrogPulse

This is a very smart phone, especially the 3D scrolling affect on the screen.(colours sharper than the pulse)

Pity there's so many Orange apps that will only connect through the 3G network.

Are they wanting me to use my 100Mb quick?

Love Who want to be a milloinare!

Ok this does look great.

It may well be my first hoorah into android (trembling just the thought of going non-windows)

Just needed 2 things clarified.

Firstly, I just cant seem to work out, has it got gps? I assume it has from reading it has sat nav but if someone could just clarify that would be great.

Secondly, I would be right in saying the camera is shocking right? Is there some sort of android app (like for the iphone) that kind of improves your camera. The camera is quite essential for me although I do understand that there aren't many phones out there with decent picture quality when inside.

Thanks guys

It has Assisted GPS I believe yes.

Camera is no worse than an iPhone 3Gs as far as I have found.

Thank you for the quick reply

So a-gps no normal gps, or is it the same thing?

I thought the 3gs camera was ok? Also forgot to say no one has mentione the video capabilities, they any good when transfered to a pc?

The GPS is more accurate than the pulse.(Just GPS, no server assist or wireless location).

Camera pictures look better than pulse, but that might be the screen.

So I take it that it has got normal gps, thanks. Any idea what chipset it is?

Guest HugoQueiriga
Thank you for the quick reply

So a-gps no normal gps, or is it the same thing?

I thought the 3gs camera was ok? Also forgot to say no one has mentione the video capabilities, they any good when transfered to a pc?

The video is pants QVGA very low frame rate! Will do a video tomorrow with outside light and see how it performs!

Guest Frankish
Thank you :lol: Sorry, I started skimming as a few of the terms used confuse me. An MCR? I assume this is akin to a "cooked rom"? I just need to know how to "root it" and apply this MCR then B)

As for unlocking, glad to pay B)

MCR is Modaco Custom Rom. A rom that looks like stock but paul makes tweaks and adjustments for the better. In this case removing the orange s***!

Honestly no chance. It's the camera hardware itself that's not good.

Thank you flibblesan for reply and for all the amazing things you do for us. Ive just bought a san fran totally on your valuable comments many thanks