23/Sep: Kernel Source

Guest PaulOBrien

Had a very quick look, the blade defconfig has fewer options than the one from the 3z and I had an issue with duplicate netfilter files (possibly due to unzipping on Windows which isn't case sensitive).

Fingers crossed it actually works

Guest asturel
Was that with the unmodified 03z config? :unsure:

i used the config from the beta chinese kernel, ofc there is a some new feature

config

Edited by asturel

i used the config from the beta chinese kernel, ofc there is a some new feature

config

since it's the 03z source we really need to check it compiles out of the box for the device it was intended for first, then worry about modifying. probably wont make any difference though looking at the error but it rules out anything else when we complain to zte about it.

Guest asturel
since it's the 03z source we really need to check it compiles out of the box for the device it was intended for first, then worry about modifying. probably wont make any difference though looking at the error but it rules out anything else when we complain to zte about it.

with the blade defconfig it looks so compiles.

btw.: is the ar6000 driver opensource ?

edit: it complied with the blade defconfig ^^

which base address do i need to use when making bootimg? nvm found it ( 0x20000000 )

Edited by asturel

with the blade defconfig it looks so compiles.

btw.: is the ar6000 driver opensource ?

how about with the newconfig.txt (from the retail 03z) in kk's post here? http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1535433

ar6000

I believe so to some extent, but ZTE got the source from a 3rd party (not sure who) so they are not happy to release the source since they seem to think they need permission from the 3rd party to do so, even though it's potentially open source to some extent.

Edited by rjm2k

Guest vl4d1m1r

AR6000 is GPL. ZTE are misinformed in thinking that they are not allowed to release it. They are *required* to. This has been an ongoing dispute with them I believe.

• 2 months later...