[OLED] 04/Oct r3: Superboot Root + MCRi

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest George Bolton

Hello, after doing this, my phone has gone ... blue. some of the colors have turned blue, and i would like to unroot it, please please tell me how someone

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hello, after doing this, my phone has gone ... blue. some of the colors have turned blue, and i would like to unroot it, please please tell me how someone

See my BLUE TINT post - linked 4 posts up

Guest biron_w

Any chance we're ever going to get a version of this that works with tft phones? I'm wanting to buy a new san francisco and all new ones are tft and I really want mine to be rooted.

Any chance we're ever going to get a version of this that works with tft phones? I'm wanting to buy a new san francisco and all new ones are tft and I really want mine to be rooted.

Hi there just blue tinted my Zte Blade (Best way to learn stuff) And would recommend specifying in the initial message /post that TFT users should use the TFT appropriate ROM. Seeing as only TFT are being produced now many more quick acting slow thinking individuals like my self will follow the instructs and be left with an extra step (unless we want this to happen and increase the general public's knowledge of how things work).

Uhnmm, also if we could include the the usb drivers ( for noobs like me) who jump into flashing a new "out of the box phone", and miss this vital step?

Anyway great post/topic , everyone very clear and concise/helpful.

you guys seriously rock.

Guest threewater
Yes, the stock ROM is posted in the forum.

P

I've debranded two San Franciscos and one of them now has a fault (low sound in the earpiece). I presume it's a hardware fault. Is there an idiot's guide as to how I can reinstall the stock Orange ROM before I take it back to Orange?

(I'm confused as to which ROM to choose, how to download it etc.)

Edit: I found what I needed here: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...itchen/page/20/

Edited by threewater

Guest Marvintheparanoidandroid

Can anyone tell me if this guide will work for a ZTE Blade with the TFT screen/b08 build?

Also, what are the potential pitfalls of the actual rooting process?

Guest vinnyutd6899

please please someone help me

im using windows 7

right im stuck on step 7

From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

both the extracted flashboot file and recovery clockwork files are on my desktop,

when i open command prompt it says

C:\user\sudored>

what do i write after that?

both the extracted flashboot file and recovery clockwork files are on my desktop,

when i open command prompt it says

C:\user\sudored>

what do i write after that?

Well, you need to find the path to your desktop folder/directory. You need to enter each folder name and follow it with a slash. So let's say it's the Windows 7 default, it's as follows:

C:\users\username\desktop

It's probably best to change to that directory, so use:

cd C:\users\username\desktop

(*nix user here, so I'm assuming the cd command works on windows.)

Edited by Marvintheparanoidandroid

I dont know where I'm going wrong with this but I just get command not found as below. I've got Mac OS 10.4.11 which is old.. is that the problem?

Last login: Sat Jan 15 16:12:28 on ttyp1

Welcome to Darwin!

kelseymac:~ ck$ cd documents

kelseymac:~/documents ck$ cd fastboot

kelseymac:~/documents/fastboot ck$ fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

-bash: fastboot-mac: command not found

I dont know where I'm going wrong with this but I just get command not found as below. I've got Mac OS 10.4.11 which is old.. is that the problem?

Last login: Sat Jan 15 16:12:28 on ttyp1

Welcome to Darwin!

kelseymac:~ ck$ cd documents

kelseymac:~/documents ck$ cd fastboot

kelseymac:~/documents/fastboot ck$ fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

-bash: fastboot-mac: command not found

Just noticed this response. I had the same problem. You need to put "./" in front in order to execute the command. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ThePilgrim

Hello

Im new to Android and to all this rooting processes.. I've been trying to do it on my own since a couple of hours. And still can't understand what im doing wrong. Well I've downloaded the fastboot.zip as well the img file. And i placed them into users/mariapappoila/fastboot. I placed the img file also into that fastboot file, so it's all into the same directory. (Btw I'm a mac user) Then i open the terminal and type in the "fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img" u say to, and it always gives me: "command not found"..... Can I please get some help?

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards

:P

Guest hamm123
Hello

Im new to Android and to all this rooting processes.. I've been trying to do it on my own since a couple of hours. And still can't understand what im doing wrong. Well I've downloaded the fastboot.zip as well the img file. And i placed them into users/mariapappoila/fastboot. I placed the img file also into that fastboot file, so it's all into the same directory. (Btw I'm a mac user) Then i open the terminal and type in the "fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img" u say to, and it always gives me: "command not found"..... Can I please get some help?

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards

:D

Hi,

I always get 'command not found' too I did exactly the same process as you. Is there any help?????

Thanks,

Ham

Hello,

I´ve been trying to root my blade. But it keeps saying waiting for device.

I could understand that since i never installed any drivers, and when i scrolled the pages of the topic i found out you did need some drivers. So i installed them, and my pc recognizes My blade as an apart category called ADB interface. When is put my phone in fastboot mode (Starting with volume up) it stays at the green android guy/robot/something

In this case, my computer (windows 7 ultimate 64 bits) Won't recognise my blade. It just calls it android at other devices.

after that i searched further in the topic. I found paul uploaded some kind of usb drivers, which lacks any kind of EXE or something i recognise as usable. (I double clicked everything but nothing happened :huh: )

in short: blade won't be recognised when in fastboot mode, and when i root it, it says "waiting for device"

anybody who has some well working drivers or another kind of solution?

edit: For the posts above me, Try losing the ' ' around the commands. That might work.

Edited by Dynion

Rooting can be done on ANY ROM - and it does not need fastboot or drivers

This is the part pulled from my guide http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

Rooting your ROM

Some ROM's come pre-rooted, if you want ROOT you can always add it after installing the ROM.

Rooted means that the
Super user
program has been installed and added into the
system
partition of the Phone

The program lives in
/system/bin/su
and has a link in the
App Drawer
on your phone.

ROMs that are rooted have the file and the link, ROOT is used to run programs as Super User, once they have these rights they can Change and Read files that are normally protected from APK's (normal Programs from the Market)

When you start an App that requires superuser, superuser will ask you to either Grant or Deny the access.

You can
ADD Super User
(root your device) by downloading and installing a special APK.

Info here

Download

http://bit.ly/9wAKC5

that one worked

Thank you very much :huh:

edit:

i found out you will need fastboot to use the cyanogen custom rom. If i want to use fastboot, i should need the correct usb driver. or is there a way to use cyanogen (or in my case especially gingerbread) without fastboot?

Edited by Dynion

• 1 month later...
Guest punch_t

:) Hi Paul,

You say the phone is straight out of the box. But the SIM card is not installed, does it need to be?

I have tried your method but cannot get the android logo to stay put, the phone goes to the orange logo. What am I doing wrong. I have unlocked the phone.

:) Hi Paul,

You say the phone is straight out of the box. But the SIM card is not installed, does it need to be?

I have tried your method but cannot get the android logo to stay put, the phone goes to the orange logo. What am I doing wrong. I have unlocked the phone.

if you want to root your phone and install a rom, follow this excellent guide:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...zte-blade-gen1/