Why do YOU want 2.1?

Guest PaulZero

Guest PaulZero

Just out of curiosity, and as an aside to the insanity that is the "official" 2.1 thread, I'm wondering what it is different people most want from 2.1. There seems to be a lot of rage about it not being here yet, but from what I can tell there is no one unifying reason people want it other than it's shiny and (sort of) new.

Anyway I'll kick off with saying I am looking forward to proper HTML 5 support, and the removal of the software cap on displayable colours!

I am a third year Computer Science undergraduate with a reasonable lean towards web technologies and whilst HTML these days is a little close to the surface for me (HTTP is where it's at) it's still a fascinating area, and if my phone can support the latest standards that'll be me happy.

As for the colours, well, I just want to see how good this screen really is. It's already sharper than my girlfriend's old X10 Mini Pro (which unfortunately bought it in a glass of juice last night), so if it gets a little more vivid too that can only be a good thing.

What are you looking forward to then, eh?

The two reasons you mentioned in your post are priority, along with the Tweetdeck widgets. Of all things to be annoying a person, those Tweetdeck widgets are it for me.

What's the ETA for 2.1 atm?

Well, I look forward to Live-Wallpapers. The phone itself is superb. I was skeptical of LG, I thought it would be rubbish, but that's the only thing that blew my expectations.

I have it for 3 days, and I never thought that this phone is getting boring, knowing that there's always something new to install on it and make it better.

I can say that I like Android very much, and LG surprised me, well done, good job!

Guest AerospaceMango
live wallpapers, beter colors, and faster all around.

other then that i am really happy with this phone, and i have had a "few" phones before this one.

Personally......It doesn't make a difference to me whether 2-1 comes out.

Yes, the thought of more colours appeals and html5 would be great, but as stated elsewhere.....it's not the be-all and end-all for me!

Now.......HURRY UP AND RELEASE IT, LG!!!!!

(That's a joke, by the way!! :lol: :) :( :) :( )

I'm not sure what I want (or, basically need) apart from the new APIs to get more apps in the Market - but I nurish a little hope that LG will continue its backport frenzy (the GT540 have 2.0-stuff in the 1.6-release after all) and along those hopes are Dalvik and a faster kernel. Not that I believe they will, I'm more for a custom ROM for that :lol:

Edited by Corran