Orange Logo

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrankieADZ

I've tried the nail remover trick too; didn't even make touch it.

hopefully someone make a replacement back or something or we find the holy grail to removing this darn logo. :lol:

Guest Phoenix Silver
I dont really get the issue around the orange logo on the back. It's the fact that it say San Francisco on the front that is making me hesitant about buying one!

in france nothing printed in front :lol:

Don't try the nail polish remover trick, it will only work (if at all) on very early models. I read about someone having success with it and tried it, now I have a small hole through the finish layer at the bottom of the logo.

Guest The Soup Thief
Don't try the nail polish remover trick, it will only work (if at all) on very early models. I read about someone having success with it and tried it, now I have a small hole through the finish layer at the bottom of the logo.

I was gonna use my Dremmel to buff it off, but caution got the better of me (remembered making matters worse on my last phone by trying to buff a scratch off the [non-touch] screen)

Reckon buying an android sticker is the way ahead

Or else just learn to accept the last bit of branding - my phone's own vestigial tail

imo having that android sticker makes the phone look 10 times worse than the little orange square

I quite like the sticker - thats why I got one! But the one pictured above is far too large for my taste!

I tried removing the orange logo from my grey SanFran by rubbing a cotton bud previously dipped in rubbing alcohol but it did not work.

Then I found this

a few days back and it gave me an idea to remove the orange logo, however it requires to get ahold of the Fairy Power Spray product which, so far, I have not managed to find in any supermarket yet.

031737.jpg?ts=634283443595

If anybody knows where to find it easily please let us know and I'll try it on the logo as per the Youtube video. I believe this should remove it and should not affect the rubber from the back case whatsoever.

Guest Nandroid

I had great success with nail polish remover. I soaked a white tissue with the stuff and rubbed gently for around 5 minutes. It took about a minute before I saw the tissue start to stain with orange. The logo eventually vanished completely, and I must say the phone looks so much better without it.

The brand of remover I used was 'Cutex Moisture Guard'. It does contain acetone, among many other strange sounding ingredients.

Cheers

Steve.

I had great success with nail polish remover. I soaked a white tissue with the stuff and rubbed gently for around 5 minutes. It took about a minute before I saw the tissue start to stain with orange. The logo eventually vanished completely, and I must say the phone looks so much better without it.

The brand of remover I used was 'Cutex Moisture Guard'. It does contain acetone, among many other strange sounding ingredients.

Cheers

Steve.

yeah i heard only acetone containing nail polish removers work

Guest Scoopading

I'm sure I've seen others comment about this.. Apparently the Orange logo is underneath the rubber coating. This means it can't be removed without damaging the finish.

I'm sure I've seen others comment about this.. Apparently the Orange logo is underneath the rubber coating. This means it can't be removed without damaging the finish.

lets all damage the finish then! :lol:

Guest Rotmann
I saw a seller on ebay selling white and black version of the android sticker in that small size.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...IT#ht_500wt_715

might help..i guess

That's way too expensive, these are brilliant in the small size. Be aware that some users ruined the phone's back lid with these experiments (in the hardware customization or screen protector topic, can't remember).

It was your advice on another thread that prompted my experiment. I did rub gently (with a cotton bud) and the remover did contain acetone.

I see your in Spain, when and where did you buy your phone, what version is it.

yeah i heard only acetone containing nail polish removers work

Guest Nandroid
It was your advice on another thread that prompted my experiment. I did rub gently (with a cotton bud) and the remover did contain acetone.

I see your in Spain, when and where did you buy your phone, what version is it.

I bought the phone on ebay just over a week ago, so probably whatever the latest version is.

Maybe there are varying amounts of acetone in different makes of remover. That's why I gave the name of the one that worked so well for me. It would have been bought in Morrisons supermarket in Gibraltar.

EDIT: the phone came from the UK.

Edited by Nandroid

Maybe there are varying amounts of acetone in different makes of remover.

Thanks Nandroid, that must be the case.

For info the one I used unsuccessfully was "Boots Conditioning Nail Polish Remover", probably a different formulation for "Conditioning" on January Grey OSF