EXIF data in Photos taken with Froyo

Guest BlackMagician

Guest BlackMagician

Anyone else noticed that the EXIF date on photos taken with Android 2.2 is always wrong? Mine are always showing as being taken on 8 December 2002 at 12:00!!

I reverted to 2.1 now just to check and it works properly. The problem occurs with both leaks, and Cyanogen..

Guest BlackMagician

Just gone through reinstalling the 2.2 leaks again - cause I'm a glutton for punishment :lol: And I can confirm that the problem exists on those too. It's driving me nuts. I usually import the pics i take and they get filed by the EXIF date. Now they're all going into the same effin' December 2002 folder!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Matthew Fox
Anyone else noticed that the EXIF date on photos taken with Android 2.2 is always wrong? Mine are always showing as being taken on 8 December 2002 at 12:00!!

I reverted to 2.1 now just to check and it works properly. The problem occurs with both leaks, and Cyanogen..

I have also noticed this when I upgraded to Froyo on my Acer Liquid E. I am very disappointed that the Exif is incorrect as I base my downloads on EXIF info - I have photos from both 2.1 and 2.2 and the 2.1 photos have correct Exif info.

How do we encourage Acer to fix this? Is this Acer specific?