FRG83, Android 2.2.1

Guest Cseb95

Hi,

I've just received an OTA with :

* Android: 2.2.1

* base band: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7

* Kernel: 2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320android-build@apa26 # 1

* release: FRG83

Download link : hxxp://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRG83-from-FRF91.c8847c98.zip

I've read that this release may have some problem with keyboards like Swype and correct some bug used to root the phone.

Bye,

Seb

PS :

Thread on XDA :

hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=790560

So if I download this version ill get OTA again??

If you install the FRG83 version from xda linked above, you will stop getting the alert about the Android 2.2.1 OTA update. If that's what you mean.

Guest Jlopez1286
If you install the FRG83 version from xda linked above, you will stop getting the alert about the Android 2.2.1 OTA update. If that's what you mean.

Uuummm...wat I ment was that if google releases more updates, would I get them or would this version stop me from getting normal updates???

Very very minor updates in this release...

P

Yeah I know, but the constant nags about the upgrade rendered my phone unusable. Unless there is some other way to disable them?

Edited by xiq

Uuummm...wat I ment was that if google releases more updates, would I get them or would this version stop me from getting normal updates???

All of the MCR roms I've run have received announcement of OTA updates but can't install them. None of the custom bootloaders know how to deal with official updates (I think).

pix

Edited by xiq

Guest Jlopez1286
All of the MCR roms I've run have received announcement of OTA updates but can't install them. None of the custom bootloaders know how to deal with official updates (I think).

Jpix

Ok, thanks for the info...I guess I'll just wait for another update and see if the phone will update it self...

Very very minor updates in this release...

P

Hi Paul...I am a total newb but i have managed to successfully update my n1 every time there was a leak and your last frg33 repack. so...now what? am i stuck with frg33? or are you cooking up a full stock rom for us? please!!!! or at the very least and frg33 => frg83?

Looking forward to a FRG83 ROM with a proper configurator thingy like the one for FRF91 (http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=309718&view=findpost&p=1290593). Will this likely be a new thread or would it appear in the existing thread for r21?

Just want to make sure I'm constantly F5-ing on the right page :lol:

Where's the best place to look out for the announcement?

Guest koshmaro
I just moved from r21 to this to get rid of the update nag. I hope there is an MCR version soon.

pix

Hi!, what exact link did you use from that page?

is it the one that says "Completely Stock Deodexed with busybox:" or the one with stockbar?

is it rooted?

please reply, I need to upgrade ASAP, because this saturday ill be going away abroad for 5 months with no way to upgrade my phone...

thx!

Hi!, what exact link did you use from that page?

is it the one that says "Completely Stock Deodexed with busybox:" or the one with stockbar?

is it rooted?

please reply, I need to upgrade ASAP, because this saturday ill be going away abroad for 5 months with no way to upgrade my phone...

thx!

just got my frg83 ota from frg33! :lol: going forward will just wait for ota's heh heh