The Official "I'm not leaving the Pulse" thread

Guest Simon O

So lots of talk about the 'Pulse killer' around the forums with a few people already selling up and moving on. Some people here will be getting worried though, wondering what will happen if all the Pulse devs get new phones.

Well I'm staying put. Yes, I'll probably buy the Orange SanFrancisco (ZTE Blade) but the Pulse will stay with me and I will continue to develop as much as I can for it.

So who is with me? Who is staying with our loveable little phone? It may be low on memory but it's big on love!

Edited by flibblesan

Guest JohnPorter

I'm staying put for now anyway, but maybe only till my contract is up for renewal in 2012 (damn 24 month contacts!).

The Pulse may be small on the specification side but still like it.

Edited by JohnPorter

The Blade/San Fran is a nice phone but I'm not remotely interested in it. It is still very much "yesterdays droid" in terms of specs for me so it is not really worth going from a low end droid to a higher spec low end droid.

My wife has a Desire and my mate a Galaxy and those phones are on a completely different planet in terms of the Android experience. I think I'll jump ship from the Pulse when the sucessors to those types of phone hit the market. The Blade/San Fran looks like a Wildfire with a nice screen to me and my mother in law has a Wildfire and the performance is nothing to write home about.

However, if I was buying new PAYG today - yep the Pulse would not get a look in compared to the new boy.

Edited by Daz555

At least part of the reason I have a U8220 is because I'm cheap. Where I got my phone, I still needed to sign a two year contract to make it cheap, so I'm stuck in that.

However, when the contract nears expiration, I most certainly am going with a much superior phone (hardware), not something that is only a minor step up. This is my first real smartphone, but I can see how it will become increasingly important to me and how I will increasingly use it to replace functions I now need a computer for. Yep, my next phone is going to be a significant upgrade.

I have to stay because I am on a 24 month contract until 12/2011. Anyway, I love the Pulse as it is, runs perfect with FLB 1.6. Waiting for stable 2.2 FLB, which can only be better.

Guest craigb244

im only a few months into a 2year contract.

im hoping the phone has a catastrophic failure on its first birthday so i can use the insurance to get a nice shiny upgrade... mewahaha

so yeh... im not leaving anytime soon

I'm on a 24 month contract (About 1 year left)

I don't see any point in upgrading.. The next phone I'm going to get will be at least a mid-ranger, Couldn't stand another pulse :lol:

I dont see whats all the fuss about this ZTE Blade phone?

I mean sure its cheap entry android phone and its been out for like a week and it has SOME better specs then our Pulse,

BUT its a bit late for it imho, about a YEAR late.

Guest niko1986

Similar to others got a years contract and would come to over £30 just to unlock both phones. And after a day of wanting to sell my pulse for the ZTE blade, what happens if a blade killer comes along 2 month later :lol:

Bought the pulse because it was the cheapest phone I could find that ran Android and I wanted to do some app development.

It's been great, but if I could afford to, I'd replace it with something with more memory.

Replacing it comes somewhere down the priority list after donating to FLB-MOD and paying my rent when I have some money :lol:

Frankly its like PCs, its not worth making an upgrade unless the step size is large enough. With Android phones that effectively means an upgrade to the Pulse needs:

• 1Ghz+ processor
  • 0.5GB of available storage, on the phone
  • 800x480 resolution
  • 2 days battery life with typical usage

all for under £200, and of course unlockable and hackable.

The Blade is deficient in the processor and battery life departments; and I'm not sure about the storage either. Given that its also not been unlocked yet - well I think I'll be waiting. The above would seem quite viable by spring next year anyway.

Guest Spikey001

Keepin my pulse til atleast nxt year! Prob never get rid of it as got so used to all its quirks and tryin to find ways round em that it will keep me entertained for ages :lol:

Pulse till I die (or get a 2ghz phone) :)

Guest DanWilson

BANANAS!!!

Nah, want a Desire HD for Christmas, whether or not it'll happen is a different story.

But in whatever scenario, I'd keep the Pulse. Till it dies anyway. Or I die. Whichever is quicker :lol:

Guest pandinusimp

I will keep my Pulse too. I love it to much. :)

I like the hardware buttons to make a call or end a call. That have no other android except the huawei android phone. :lol:

Edited by pandinusimp

Guest igor_anta
BANANAS!!!

Nah, want a Desire HD for Christmas, whether or not it'll happen is a different story.

But in whatever scenario, I'd keep the Pulse. Till it dies anyway. Or I die. Whichever is quicker :lol:

Hahaha, I want a HTC Desire HD NOW :) But not likely. So I'm staying put, if need be flibble can give us chores to learn stuff he needs help with, but the community must keep on. Right now the only thing bugging me is the lack of MT and that is on the horizon. Cheers!

Guest DanWilson
Hahaha, I want a HTC Desire HD NOW :lol: But not likely. So I'm staying put, if need be flibble can give us chores to learn stuff he needs help with, but the community must keep on. Right now the only thing bugging me is the lack of MT and that is on the horizon. Cheers!

<How I wish I could have a picture of MT on the Pulse here>

But yes, the community must learn I think, we can't rely on the same 3 (I think) devs to do all the work for us, at some point they just won't be there.

<How I wish I had a picture of me being able to code so I could port the .35 kernel and PWN everyone with the newest kernel and possibly Android 2.3 so we could be special and a 1Ghz Overclock and then I'd be awesome>

Guest GregorioUY

Here's my opinion (in advance, sorry for the crappy english):

It was literally an adventure quest to get the U8220 on my country, to unlock it, and then flash it to 2.1 (ok, last part is bogus, you guys made it quite easy).

I love it, the best phone I've ever had, every person that watch it says "wow", and even thinks is the bananaphone.

But here's the thing, I'm a former nokia lover, and the FM radio is a must, as the audio quality, the Pulse got very low volume, and lacks the first.

Don't get me wrong, Android got what Nokia lacks today, a pretty heavy apps catalog , and a large active community on most devices (that's one of the reasons I chose the pulse).

Now, if the ZTE manage to arrive on these shores, and it happens to start appearing on this place "ebay", and finally, there's an unlock available...it could be tempting...

ZTE, and Huawei have already a strong presence on mobile modems, and Huawei has already managed to get a phone here. If you add that my company never gets the good stuff...

Let's enjoy the pulse for a while, I just got it one month ago, and as the cheapest android today in my country (I got it on US$180 on "ebay" locked, but now it rises at U$S300 unlocked, but it still the cheapest android around, on contract or not...damn 3rd world taxes)

<How I wish I had a picture of me being able to code so I could port the .35 kernel and PWN everyone with the newest kernel and possibly Android 2.3 so we could be special and a 1Ghz Overclock and then I'd be awesome>

LOL LOL :lol: ur mad +1