The Official "I'm not leaving the Pulse" thread

Guest Simon O

Guest GlasWolf

Only just got my Pulse so am still in the honeymoon period. Actually that's not true; I can see how it would be deficient or frustrating for a heavy user who wants to use it as a phone, satnav, home entertainment system, games console, IM client, netbook etc. etc. simultaneously. For me it does everything I want, so I have no reason to upgrade in the foreseeable future. I was fearful about the bottom dropping out of the community just as I'd found it, but this poll has put my mind at ease.

I'm staying put. I only really use my pulse as a mobile internet device, and a rarely-used 'private' phone that only a handful of people have the number for. So I wouldn't gain much from switching. Even if the zte blade was unlocked, which it isn't (yet). I'd rather spend the money it would cost to upgrade on a solid state hard drive for my PC which I use almost constantly when I'm home. Or on a bigger hard drive for my xbox or Sky HD box. Or on a Blu-Ray player. Or on FIFA 11 and Batman: Arkham City. Basically, it's waaaaay down the list of boys toys I want :lol:

Guest DanWilson
no offense taken i presume? :lol:

Course not bro, I am mad!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

*Breathes*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guest igor_anta

Now this is what I meant by sticking with the Pulse cause the Blade is already waaaaaay behind the curve at the moment (it's a much better device than the Pulse, don't get me wrong, aside from looking much uglier that is:))

http://androidandme.com/2010/09/news/motor...read-exclusive/

When the Pulse got out it was still almost on par with the then current gen phones, at least till the big guns didn't roll-out the 2nd gen phones. The Blade is better than our beloved, but not that much that I would upgrade. If I was buying a new phone now and was on a budget I would get the Blade over the Pulse, no hesitation (except for the ugly look that is:)), but for and upgrade not so sure. Just my honest opinion :lol: Cheers!

:lol:

It's so mine.

I knew you would be interested. Oh and it's 512MB RAM with 424 usable. Paul did a check on his new phone and it had 190MB FREE. So I don't think you'll be seeing any SMS issues.

I knew you would be interested. Oh and it's 512MB RAM with 424 usable. Paul did a check on his new phone and it had 190MB FREE. So I don't think you'll be seeing any SMS issues.

It's DOUBLE mine. :lol:

Not sure whether to wait for the white version or not though.

Guest Epic-Emodude
<How I wish I could have a picture of MT on the Pulse here>

But yes, the community must learn I think, we can't rely on the same 3 (I think) devs to do all the work for us, at some point they just won't be there.

<How I wish I had a picture of me being able to code so I could port the .35 kernel and PWN everyone with the newest kernel and possibly Android 2.3 so we could be special and a 1Ghz Overclock and then I'd be awesome>

Are you volunteering to create a new kernel and a new version of android here?

Guest Stitch15

My Pulse will go in January and make place for (probably) a well known device with the apple on the backside or a top-spec Android device.

I haven't contributed to the development of roms or anything, but I would like to take this opportunity and thank everyone outhere who did (Flibblesan!!)

Because of you and others the Pulse has become a much better device!

:lol:

Guest eckengucker1

The blade looks like a great bargain. If the community grows and there won't be a usable 2.2 version for your pulse I think, I'll sell my pulse.

The problem is that flibs 2.1 rom is the only one which is really usable. I've cooked my own rom over the months. Upgrading to 2.2 without all features like camera and so on isn't worth the work.

The pulse community may be large but the only a few devs are really solving problems. The others write the same "than is it done"-blabla over and over again, annoying...

Ups... every sentence starts with "the" ^^

Ah well. T'was good while it lasted.

I'm stuck with the Pulse for the next 18 months at least, or at least until the Blade is unlocked, but people like Flib, BigBear, Rem1x, Azurren and Ogogi (sorry if I've I've left anyone out!) deserve to take their talents to the next level and I, for one, hope they end up working on the SanFran together because it's been an absolute pleasure watching what you guys can do.

The really gutting thing is that the Pulse was just starting to get exciting again. Source code, SWAP, multitouch, Froyo. And it's been blown out of the water by the New Pretender. I'm starting to despise the phone I was so excited about less than two weeks ago. All the best people involved are looking elsewhere and they are right to do so. Good luck and thanks for all your efforts.

As an aside, if anyone wanted to know what it is like being a Liverpool fan right now, this is it :lol:

Edited by Narsil

Ah well. T'was good while it lasted.

I'm stuck with the Pulse for the next 18 months at least, or at least until the Blade is unlocked, but people like Flib, BigBear, Rem1x, Azurren and Ogogi (sorry if I've I've left anyone out!) deserve to take their talents to the next level and I, for one, hope they end up working on the SanFran together because it's been an absolute pleasure watching what you guys can do.

I'm stuck with it for one more year B) .

This forum is my imagination land. I can't just leave http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/163661 :lol:

The main reason I'm leaving the Pulse is because it's very poor as a phone. I seem to be one of the few people on here that actually use my Pulse to make calls and texts regularly! I don't know if anyone has noticed these problems:

-Call quality is very poor

-Call volume is very low for other person (with and without handsfree)

-Mic is in totally the wrong place. Get's covered by your thumb when you hold it!

-Other person gets very annoying static noise on line randomly (noticed it happens more when the battery is low)

-And of course the SMS issue that we're all aware of!

The main reason I'm leaving the Pulse is because it's very poor as a phone. I seem to be one of the few people on here that actually use my Pulse to make calls and texts regularly! I don't know if anyone has noticed these problems:

-Call quality is very poor

-Call volume is very low for other person (with and without handsfree)

-Mic is in totally the wrong place. Get's covered by your thumb when you hold it!

-Other person gets very annoying static noise on line randomly (noticed it happens more when the battery is low)

-And of course the SMS issue that we're all aware of!

First one I agree with (certainly compared to every Nokia I have owned).

As for the rest - never had those problems and even the SMS bug is gone for me with FLB 1.6b and swap.

Edited by Daz555