The Official "I'm not leaving the Pulse" thread

Guest Simon O

....and yes!!! I stay with my Pulse !! Why?

1. Has a Front CAM

2. Is a Quad band phone

3. .....we have FROYO !!!

Ok we not have Multitouch, hey all ppl with the Xperia X10 have the same issue!!

Blah SAFRA..

....and yes!!! I stay with my Pulse !! Why?

1. Has a Front CAM

2. Is a Quad band phone

3. .....we have FROYO !!!

Ok we not have Multitouch, hey all ppl with the Xperia X10 have the same issue!!

Blah SAFRA..

People wit the Xperia only have 1.6 correct?

Oh, What a shame, We already have it :D

Official or not, Still have it, And soon to have 2.2 :P

Woow, Android 2.1 .... oh yeah this is definitive A BIG JUMP. I beliebe they will get froyo in the year 2015

:P :D

Guest meinnit
Lucky for them, They actually already had a Fro-yo 2.2 for them out, just the Chinese one, so hmm.

Our pulse had to have it completely re-done for it too work on ours.

I still love my pulse

<3

Yes that is true. It's a lot of effort and will be a great once it's done!

Guest Alsajosora

Welp,

I went out and bought myself a shiny new Desire (courtesy of my redundancy money) . It is rooted and modded to the hilt now.....Would I go back to the Pulse now.......Honestly.....Nope.......

At the time it was a brilliant way into Android goodness and the work of Paul, Fib etc here at Modaco greatly extended the usefulness of what is a very restricted phone.........

However, I cannot bring myself to get rid of my first proper smartphone (beats my old HTC Trinity hands down) and therefore have passed it onto my son........He loves it ;O) Especially since I installed the Cyanogen Froyo port onto it for him. So I now have to view two threads when visiting Modaco, one for my Desire and one for the Pulse.......Well, gotta keep the boys phone up to date don't I?............

Welp,

I went out and bought myself a shiny new Desire (courtesy of my redundancy money) . It is rooted and modded to the hilt now.....Would I go back to the Pulse now.......Honestly.....Nope.......

At the time it was a brilliant way into Android goodness and the work of Paul, Fib etc here at Modaco greatly extended the usefulness of what is a very restricted phone.........

However, I cannot bring myself to get rid of my first proper smartphone (beats my old HTC Trinity hands down) and therefore have passed it onto my son........He loves it ;O) Especially since I installed the Cyanogen Froyo port onto it for him. So I now have to view two threads when visiting Modaco, one for my Desire and one for the Pulse.......Well, gotta keep the boys phone up to date don't I?............

ehm, yes... :P

Guest add.thebad

lots of support good!!!

i think froyo is keeping me here and im going to wait for the pulse2 b4 i upgrade i think hopefully it will be the huawei x6 or x5

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Richard_Arkless
Well, it seems official. ZTE is coming to Sweden and I'm jumping on the moneytrain :huh:

Both the Blade and their tablet "Light" are coming before the years end :rolleyes:

ZTE Blade & Light (mobil.se)

any confirmation on whether the light will reach the uk and the price?, this looks like a definite competitor to the galaxy tab

Guest Oysterman

Hi,

a friend of mine just got his Blade.

I did not use it yet but i don´t like the design of this thing.

The silver buttons on the side of this thing look awfully cheap

and also feel like that.

It might be faster but for me the pulse looks better.

So I voted to stay with the pulse (which i only have 3 months now)

until there is a better offer around than the blade.

But since i got the pulse cheap without any contract i can switch anytime.

I will also buy my next phone free without a contract - i hate being bound :rolleyes:

Edited by Oysterman

Guest david_dawkins
Hi,

a friend of mine just got his Blade.

I did not use it yet but i don´t like the design of this thing.

The silver buttons on the side of this thing look awfully cheap

and also feel like that.

It might be faster but for me the pulse looks better.

So I voted to stay with the pulse (which i only have 3 months now)

until there is a better offer around than the blade.

But since i got the pulse cheap without any contract i can switch anytime.

I will also buy my next phone free without a contract - i hate being bound :rolleyes:

How do those buttons compare with the cheap Menu/Home/Roller combo on the Pulse?

Out of interest, has anyone had their Pulse for a whole year with no case/hardware issues? I've had mine for a year now, but they did replace the m/board when the usb socket broke (mid-Feb).

Guest Spikey001
How do those buttons compare with the cheap Menu/Home/Roller combo on the Pulse?

Out of interest, has anyone had their Pulse for a whole year with no case/hardware issues? I've had mine for a year now, but they did replace the m/board when the usb socket broke (mid-Feb).

Yeah I have had my pulse for a year but have never had any hardware problems! I mean even the cover to the headphone socket and usb socket are still intact despite spending hours in my pocket with my headphones plugged in!! :rolleyes:

i' ve buyed my Pulse 2 months ago, this was a "used one" and was used now about 1 year without case/board problems.

i think an alternative to the Pulse is only a phone that would been cost max 120 Euro and shoud have at lease these function:

1. Front CAM

2. Quad band

3. 3,5" Screen

4. Minimal screen resolution 320x480

Yeah I have had my pulse for a year but have never had any hardware problems! I mean even the cover to the headphone socket and usb socket are still intact despite spending hours in my pocket with my headphones plugged in!! :rolleyes:

Same here - no hardware issues a year on. :huh:

Guest suriya83

I'm very happy i bought a u8230 for 90€ and unlocked it for about 15€

so the resullt is for 105€ i have a new phone with:

256MB Ram

60 MB free in my system partition and 65 MB free in my data (after installing everything i need)

691 MHz Processor

1,5 A battery

3,5 screen

SWAP

if i want also app2sd

i could have gotten the san francisco for 160€, but i think i made a better deal!

I know what I said, and what I voted, but the pulse was just doing my head in for software development. It was taking so long to deploy and test software on for every little change that it was driving me mad.

I had a weak moment, and bought a second hand Galaxy S on eBay. I may have to sell a kidney to pay for it (or maybe actually sell some apps), but holy mackerel it's so good it just makes me want to cry. Everything works. So well.

Don't hate me, I'm probably not a bad person. The Pulse will still get some love.

Guest DanWilson

Swapped my Pulse for a K800i. Yes it's old, but Jesus is it faster!

Plan to get a Desire Z soon though. And I'll never leave you, MoDaCo Pulse!

Unless Paul bans me, or I explode.

:rolleyes: