Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest beatingbigbrother
Very interesting, I hope he'll still have some Blades in March ;)

what's with March? Then there may be a new kid on the block! Carpe Diem.

Guest Magenta

Bought one yesterday @Bouyges Telecom in France! 169 € (callcard 10€ included) but it's still an OLED!! So I gues they still have stock! ;)

Running Paul's Rom already and it works like a Breeze!

Steps to a bargain

1. We went to orange shop and guy was like 30% off never.. no way.. ive worked here years..i have never ever heard of such a thing.. (sales lies)

2. So I phone up 150 from missus orange phone - go to upgrade -- they said you cant purchase a phone only upgrade inc contract... put me through to sales.

3. Explained wanted phone -- said can i have the 30% discount - at first the guy says there has never been a discount (more lies)

4. Put though to someone else who says that offer has been discontinued for many months now due to fraud.. Of ourse this got my goat up as trying to claim no discount cos of fraud.... total bullshit (lies to the max)

5. I said look can you just save me calling back and getting the discount can you just do it now - he said no I cant.. heres the direct number - gave me an 0800 number.

6. Called back.. guy says oh she is on contract cant do that disocunt its only for payg customers who have had their phone for 3 months.. I said ok I want to uograde MY phone.. was just a few days over having it for 3 months..

7. Looked up my postcode - I had never registered the sim... after some time he found a number and processed the order..

Result... White blade- 30quid off.. £78..99 inc delivery.

Also told that any PAYG customer is entitled to an uograde with 30% off any phone, every 3 months..

Guest beatingbigbrother
Here's an offer on ebay uk. Just bought one using paypal and shipping address in The Netherlands. Seems to work!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=120678871060

Only just noticed that the ebay description included "The processor capability is still unknown so we don’t know whether this handset will be upgradable to Froyo or not."

Uhhh....are there versions of the ZTE Blade that use processors that can't handle Froyo? Or is the seller just being cautious? The plan is to upgrade to Paul's ROM immediately. The phone is now in transit so I can't do any experiments yet. Anybody?

So more s***... no phone-- called orange said it was shipped but then recalled due to fraud..

I was like wtf... its the same card, same address as my first phone..

They dont give reasons blabla..

So i have had to pay on another card...

But the stinger is that the phone which is recalled 'cos of fraud' has to go back to warehouse and then they will process a refund (on a fraudulent transaction!) which will take 7-10 days... something is not right about that..

Surely I am the one losing out by orange taking my money then not delivering phone and holding a refund..

orange -- you suck

Guest shadowrider

Picked one by calling orange customer care for 79 quid special offer. Was lucky to get it at this price at my first attempt in calling them. To qualify only thing they checked was whether I had been with them for more than 3 months. I actually got this orange sim which included a £10 topup was when I bought another phone for my mom for her b'day. I had never done a top up since then ;)

And about the phone I run out of words to describe it!! Great great phone!! Absolute steal at this price!!

Guest Rotmann
So more s***... no phone-- called orange said it was shipped but then recalled due to fraud..

I was like wtf... its the same card, same address as my first phone..

They dont give reasons blabla..

So i have had to pay on another card...

But the stinger is that the phone which is recalled 'cos of fraud' has to go back to warehouse and then they will process a refund (on a fraudulent transaction!) which will take 7-10 days... something is not right about that..

Surely I am the one losing out by orange taking my money then not delivering phone and holding a refund..

orange -- you suck

Same thing happened to me back in November with two SanFrans, you'll have the money in about two weeks.

Guest Matus Kalisky

As much as I am trying to locate some online seller that would ship to Germany - I do not succeed. It seems that eBay is the only way to go ...

Anybody has a better way to order this phone in Germany? Some kind of warranty would be so nice ...

EDIT: I have just found out that this phone is available in Germany as "ZTE Base Lutea". It is not exactly the same (different camera) and it also costs a bit more, but it could be worth it as it would of course come with a full 24 month warranty. Anyhow - I must check it out now.

Edited by Matus Kalisky

Guest beatingbigbrother
As much as I am trying to locate some online seller that would ship to Germany - I do not succeed. It seems that eBay is the only way to go ...

Anybody has a better way to order this phone in Germany? Some kind of warranty would be so nice ...

EDIT: I have just found out that this phone is available in Germany as "ZTE Base Lutea". It is not exactly the same (different camera) and it also costs a bit more, but it could be worth it as it would of course come with a full 24 month warranty. Anyhow - I must check it out now.

Just use the link posted. I ordered only a few days ago and it was delivered today. Am now busy with the unlocking exercise. Paid with Paypal, and had no problems whatsoever.

Cost me Euro 137 including shipping.

Edited by beatingbigbrother

Guest Matus Kalisky
Just use the link posted. I ordered only a few days ago and it was delivered today. Am now busy with the unlocking exercise. Paid with Paypal, and had no problems whatsoever.

Cost me Euro 137 including shipping.

I did follow the link - but it is not valid anymore. The new offers from the seller are not very clearly described as "UK ONLY". This was not the part of the item description before. The cost of the international shipping disappeared too. .. ;)

Guest ChundaMars
i don't know about argos, but ADVERTISING SPAM does cancel orders if you don't have uk issued card, or don't have paypal verified address

Unfortunately he's right - ADVERTISING SPAM have cancelled 2 of my orders, and then just cancelled a third (actually the first one I made) after they had shipped the phone! Dear God, is fraud really that rife in the UK? I never have this much trouble giving my money to someone here in little ol' NZ ;)

Not impressed though, the least they could do is put some sort of warning or something there before you order - now I need to find somewhere else but I also don't want to commit to anything until I see my money refunded from this pack of morons.

Hiya,

Sorry to read about others on here who've been getting grief from Orange.

I ordered the San Francisco phone from Orange's website on Tuesday 18th Jan, had their confirmation of purchase email, their dispatch email, and a text from their courier DPD...

Was expecting delivery on Thursday 20th Jan, having been told by DPD that my phone would be delivered between 3pm and 4pm.

It never arrived!

I called Orange, and the rep there told me their 'Security Dpt' had requested that the handset be returned back to them..

When I asked her why, she couldn't tell me.

She promised to call back that evening. She never did ;)

The next day, I had Orange's stock email, telling me that their 'Security Dpt' hadn't been able to verify my details, and that my refund would be credited back to my account within 7 - 14 WORKING DAYS..

Now that is taking the p iss..

I called them again last week, and was told that my refund of £109 (inc £10 mandatory top - up) had only actually been actioned on 25th Jan, and that it would take 7 - 14 working days to get back to me.

When I spoke to another Supervisor at Orange CS (who only came to the phone after me asking the rep three times), he said he couldn't explain why the phone had been returned, as they "weren't told themselves, and so they couldn't say".

I asked him what he could offer in terms of recompense? He told me that he wasn't able to offer anything!

At no time did I ever receive an apology.

I feel for you guys dealing with Orange, as they've been nothing but a nightmare.

Keeping our money for 3 weeks, having not delivered the phone we ordered is unacceptable.

What annoyed me the most, was the fact that Orange took the money upfront, and then failed to even let me know ahead of time that my order wasn't to arrive.

I just waited for hours, for a phone that'd already been returned! ;)

Alas, I'm still keen to get my hands on a San Francisco, albeit not from Orange :D

Anyone know of any stores (not online) where I could buy one?

I've tried Argos, but the stores near me are out of stock.

Carphone Warehouse don't seem to stock them full stop.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

I'm tempted to try Orange's high street store tomorrow, but I'd really rather never go near Orange ever again!

Btw, last night I fired off an email of 'Complaint' to the Orange CEO - Mr Tom Alexander.

If you guys want to email him, his email address is [email protected]

Hope that helps a bit!

I've even asked him for £150 compensation (as well as my refund) for a lost day's work. Doubt I'll get it, but worth a shot!

Looking forward to eventually getting hole of the San Fran handset and participating in the Android forums.

Cheers,

Sim :D

Guest Doc Rumack

Play.com have them for £102 ish which includes the £10 airtime, and free P&P. They were out of stock of the grey model but now seem to have both back in stock. More expensive than an Orange deal but I guess it depends on how much you want one?

Doc.

Edited by Doc Rumack

Guest jellywobbles
Play.com have them for £102 ish which includes the £10 airtime, and free P&P. They were out of stock of the grey model but now seem to have both back in stock. More expensive than an Orange deal but I guess it depends on how much you want one?

Doc.

I ordered one from ADVERTISING SPAM yesterday @ 12 noon @ it arrived today @ 0930!

Cheaper than Play.com & next day delivery!

Total cost £99-99 incl FREE Sim with £10 topup!

Hope this helps ;)

P.S. ADVERTISING SPAM accept PayPal, and Google Checkout as well as credit cards.

Edited by jellywobbles

Guest Doc Rumack
Cheaper than Play.com & next day delivery!

That's good.

I offered my post for the benefit of people who get their orders rejected by ADVERTISING SPAM (posts #438 & #424 ) and those who cannot get a good deal from Orange.

I don't like Play that much but they do supply to Europe, albeit that the dispatch and delivery is not the quickest.

Doc.

Guest Taxi_Driver
Total cost £99-99 incl FREE Sim with £10 topup!

Please, can you tell me if the £10 is already on the new number or is it £10 topup card (which can be used on any Orange PAYG number)? Thanks.

Guest Kurdt Kobain
That's good.

I offered my post for the benefit of people who get their orders rejected by ADVERTISING SPAM (posts #438 & #424 ) and those who cannot get a good deal from Orange.

I don't like Play that much but they do supply to Europe, albeit that the dispatch and delivery is not the quickest.

Doc.

I'm pretty sure it's on the new sim card but you can ring up Orange after delivery and get the credit transfered across to your main number instead.

Guest pureindigo
That's good.

Doc.

Ordered mine from Play as I had a £10 voucher to use with them. Totally useless. After blocking my accounting for security, it was eventually dispatched after 72 hours. Arrived bouncing around in the box just in some tissue paper, not wrapped or sealed, and when I switched it on, it still had the memory of calls from the last user from 23 december. That's going to be sent straight back. I'd sooner spent £30 more and go to an Orange store, check over the box, the handset etc. But I've learned my lesson!

Guest Ajeet_M

Ordered from Orange through their website yesterday, received my handset today. Haven't had much time with it but nonetheless really impressed, for £110, this is a good smartphone.

Guest Bungled

I tried the local Argos out of interest today and both the options that they offer, grey and white, were out of stock. For those yet to do battle with the Orange "team"....

I dialled 450 on my Orange PAYG and after what seemed like obvious options in the circumstances ended up at the Orange shop.

I explained to a nice man, TWICE, that I wanted a replacement for my existing work phone as I had cracked the screen and I was interested in the SF... if the price was right. Not all of that was true, but it didn't lead to any questions about the lack of credit on the phone that have been mentioned.

After failing to remember the four digit number that I probably never even wrote down in the first place when I registered the phone years ago, I managed to get him to believe I was who I claimed to be by knowing the phone number, my home address and the genus of my call plan animal.

One brief dalliance with some crappy muzac later I was transferred to somebody who offered said phone for the very reasonable price of £109.99 less a couple of quid from my phone bank.

After pointing out that I could get the same phone for £90 from Argos, glossing over the £10 Top-Up, and expressing surprise that Orange didn't even match that price I was told that they don't do price matching, but the new nice man would pass me on to somebody else.

A very quick transfer later, after asking for my Postcode, the third nice man offered a £79.99 all-in deal that I graciously accepted, complete with shameful outpouring of gratitude that made me hope that nobody I knew would ever hear the "recorded for training purposes" humiliation that I heaped on myself to grease the oils of business.

Phone to be delivered Monday for just under £80 and the call didn't appear to cost me anything - job done! The only thing I didn't get asked was the colour of the phone I wanted, but as I don't care, I don't care.

Edited by Bungled

Guest redbaron51

guys don't forget that if you don't manage to get the handset directly from Orange @ £78.99 you can use (if you are staff) your NHS or Council payslip at Orange shop and get the Blade + £20 on the SIM for £99.00 all-in. This is how I bought the Blade for the OH

Guest adamguest1985
s1rq_e44_u886p.png

Great. Need to take mine back and no Argos has one I can reserve as a replacement.

When I needed my replacement I rang Orange and told them that they would have to send a replacement as Argos had no stock... and they did. Courier came next day.