Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Airazz

So who offers best price now? I'm about to buy one and prices everywhere seem to be quite high, compared to some old results in this thread. Orange.co.uk now only sells it with £20 top-up, which results in a total price of £119.99. Argos and Tesco have them for £109.99 which includes £10 credit, but for some strange reason Tesco description says that phone doesn't have GPS. Argos doesn't even mention it, while Orange says that it does have it.

Guest TCTUK
So who offers best price now? I'm about to buy one and prices everywhere seem to be quite high, compared to some old results in this thread. Orange.co.uk now only sells it with £20 top-up, which results in a total price of £119.99. Argos and Tesco have them for £109.99 which includes £10 credit, but for some strange reason Tesco description says that phone doesn't have GPS. Argos doesn't even mention it, while Orange says that it does have it.

It is the same phone so ignore the description about it not having GPS, it does!

Tesco represents the best value for money at the moment (although if you can wait a few weeks it may go down again)

Be sure to use the discount code I mentioned above for Tesco to recieve £15.00 off when you spend over £100.00 Get it delivered to your nearest store so you can collect it for free instead of shelling out another £5.00 for delivery.

Guest Vyker

Tesco discount code no longer active.

FYI.

Still looking for another Blade :P

Hope Orange bring it back down in price again

Guest TCTUK

Okay, the new Orange Deal is in, I must warn you...it isn't the best you have ever seen!

This nationwide deal applies to actual stores and is not available on-line. It expires this weekend. I've confirmed this myself by calling a number of branches.

The Deal:

Orange San Francisco (Grey or White) for £79.99 if you buy it with £20.00 credit.

If you already own a Orange PAYG sim they will load the credit onto your existing number.

Total phone price then is £99.99

...I told you it wasn't the best :P

Guest sticko
Okay, the new Orange Deal is in, I must warn you...it isn't the best you have ever seen!

This nationwide deal applies to actual stores and is not available on-line. It expires this weekend. I've confirmed this myself by calling a number of branches.

The Deal:

Orange San Francisco (Grey or White) for £79.99 if you buy it with £20.00 credit.

If you already own a Orange PAYG sim they will load the credit onto your existing number.

Got one from tesco with another code 4 days ago, code was £15 off a £75 spend, actual coast came to £94.99 inc £10 top up.

probably use new sim for orange 2 4 1 deals as i unlocked it and put the o2 sim in after upgrading it cm7 mod, gen 1 to 2

Guest TCTUK
Got one from tesco with another code 4 days ago, code was £15 off a £75 spend, actual coast came to £94.99 inc £10 top up.

probably use new sim for orange 2 4 1 deals as i unlocked it and put the o2 sim in after upgrading it cm7 mod, gen 1 to 2

Thanks for the update. Any chance you could share the discount code with us, or was it a unique single use code?

*EDIT* I've found the code now (see below) thanks to Sticko for the tip off.

£15 off £75.00 at Tesco Direct...

TDX-PTRT

Edited by TCTUK

Guest TCTUK
hello...what about warranty from amazon.co.uk? how long exists?

That would depend on who you bought it from. If you buy from a business selling on amazon from the UK then the sale will comply with the requirements of the SoGA (Sale of Goods Act). This states that goods must be fit for purpose, of satisfactory quality and as described.

If you buy from an individual or through eBay then even an unopened box would now be classified as second hand goods as you bought them from a consumer not a business so you couldn't bring it back to the manufacturer or orange for a replacement as you are not the holder of the warranty.

Guest TCTUK
from amazon.co.uk...not from other seller

I've just search amazon.co.uk for 'ZTE Blade' and 'Orange San Francisco' and filtered both searches to only show products sold directly by Amazon. The results show that you cannot buy this phone from Amazon directly so any results you see on Amazon.co.uk are in fact being sold by third parties so you would be subjected to each sellers individual terms.

(Please correct me if you have found a listing for this phone sold directly by Amazon) :P

Guest ChundaMars

The Deal:

Any idea if this deal will be running this coming weekend? Or any other deals? Have a friend who will be in London this coming weekend and can pick one up for me to send back but would rather not fork out the full £120.00 price charged by Orange...

And I'm referring to physical stores only here - not possible to purchase online for a reasonable price from overseas. Trust me, I've tried!!!

Guest TCTUK
Any idea if this deal will be running this coming weekend? Or any other deals? Have a friend who will be in London this coming weekend and can pick one up for me to send back but would rather not fork out the full £120.00 price charged by Orange...

And I'm referring to physical stores only here - not possible to purchase online for a reasonable price from overseas. Trust me, I've tried!!!

I called around several stores last Friday and they told me there were no notes on their system and so the offer would last at least the rest of the week (up to Sun 22nd) but that it could extend beyond that. The only way to know for sure is to call a sample of Orange branches near where your friend will be staying for the latest information.

Guest ChundaMars
I called around several stores last Friday and they told me there were no notes on their system and so the offer would last at least the rest of the week (up to Sun 22nd) but that it could extend beyond that. The only way to know for sure is to call a sample of Orange branches near where your friend will be staying for the latest information.

Thanks mate. Hard to do from the other side of the world but will see what I can do. Fingers crossed!

Guest TCTUK
Thanks mate. Hard to do from the other side of the world but will see what I can do. Fingers crossed!

If you encounter any problems calling them then let me know which stores he will be near and I'll call them for you.

Guest ChundaMars
If you encounter any problems calling them then let me know which stores he will be near and I'll call them for you.

Talk about going the extra mile :P Thanks friend, I'll find out and see how I go first, will keep your offer in mind.

I've been trying for a few months now to get a couple of OSFs, but unless you're prepared to pay 50% over the usual price online, it's been impossible to get them. Finally have a friend of a friend who can get one so I'm hoping this will be it!

Guest Airazz

I walked by a local Orange store an hour ago, they still have that £20 discount. However, I'm not sure if they have any phones left, I had to go to three different shops until I found one last weekend and even there they only had two left.

Guest TCTUK
I walked by a local Orange store an hour ago, they still have that £20 discount. However, I'm not sure if they have any phones left, I had to go to three different shops until I found one last weekend and even there they only had two left.

I've just called into the Orange store in Ipswich, Suffolk. The deal is still on for this week at least, but alas yes they still require you to purchase £20.00 top-up making the effective price £99.99. I tried to negotiate this down and was told it cannot be done, when I asked them why I was told that it was done as a result of lots of Chinese customers buying them and selling them on ebay.

Guest TCTUK
Managed to find a 2nd hand one in great nick for £65, very impressive phone for the price.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Now you have the fun of tinkering with it until you get it just how you like it....and then doing it all over again :P