Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Polythene

When quoting an existing orange number to get the discount, will they do anything to that number? Stop it etc?

I want to order one using my gf's mobile number, but obviously dont want her phone to stop working B)

Guest whoop_whoop

Long time member here, but haven't posted for years. Just about to replace a HTC Touch with this. My sis has been on Orange for about 5 yrs as a PAYG member, got her to ring up and she got the £30 off, making phone £80 inc. £10 credit.

Can confirm both stores in Reading showed this at £100 & £20 top up. Just ring sales and they can sort you out. Also Orange has something called Phone Fund which is a discount you earn to go towards a new phone on PAYG, my sis had £10 but still managed to get the £30 discount. Can't wait, already ordered a case and a 32Gb memory card ...

Hello,

total newbie in need of help here. It looks like I could visit London in few weeks to (besides other things) buy SF. But I recently found out that I need to be UK citizen to buy it??!! Can anyone confirm this please? If it´s so, do you have any idea how could I possibly buy this phone? Any help is very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Guest dadashi

you don't need any identification to buy a mobile or sim card in uk, unlike some other european countries...

Just walk in, pay and walk out with as many oranges as you like B)

you don't need any identification to buy a mobile or sim card in uk, unlike some other european countries...

Just walk in, pay and walk out with as many oranges as you like B)

thanks mate, that´s a huge relief :)

Guest Polythene

No problem getting the £30 discount from orange. All i did was quote a P&YG orange number, and they checked it was a currently used number, no more questionst than that. I didnt even have to ask for the discount!

Guest tyrol_gangster

Hello, is there somebody kind enough from Birmingham who would buy the £99 SF for me from play.com, to be personally collected on 11-12th December (coming over for some Xmas shopping)? They only deliver to UK billing addresses and I understand the Orange in-store price has now gone up to £99+20? Would of course give you sth extra for the trouble and leave the SIM with you. Anyone willing to help pls PM me and let's agree outside the forum, much appreciated. PS: Hope like this my post is not against the direct trade rules, apologies and please delete if it is.

Guest Polythene

So, as i posted yesterday, i ordered the San Fran for £80, no problems.

Went to cancell my contract with 3 today, and they offered me a Samsung Galaxy with tousands of minutes, texts, and 3gb of data for £19 per month!

What do I do B)

Guest rikuumi
Hello to all! I'm new, so please advice if I'm breaking any board rules.

I too would wish to acquire the SF and get it shipped to Finland. I bet a lot of ppl in this forum would be willing to buy one from a forum member via paypal (perhaps in the eBay). So if somebody would get a few of San Fransisco's and part with them for a reasonable price, he could make some money. Probably not much, but enough to be worth the trouble. Anyone interested?

With best of intentions,

Mauno

Mm. Hey I'm too from Finland (moro) and just ordered the phone from Orange and got it shipped by Borderlinx!

Mm. Hey I'm too from Finland (moro) and just ordered the phone from Orange and got it shipped by Borderlinx!

I'm from Finland too B)

How did you buy it from Orange and is it sure Orange version got amoled display?

Edited by Roku

Greetings from Finland B)

How much did it cost in total to buy Sf from orange and ship it via Borderlinx to Finland? Also how does the warranty work- Can you get the phone repaired here in Finland or do you have to send it back to orange company?

Guest Lemppari

Hello to all Finnish fellow countrymen!

I just got the ZTE Blade from SL (with the 6,90€/month - unlimited data plan) and It's got 512MB Ram instead of the alleged 256. And the TFT display is of good quality. So I see little point to get it from the UK just because of the OLED display...

Ei mulla muuta.

Edited by Lemppari

How is possible tht it has 512mb ram as the ad on SL's page still says 256mb ? can you link some proof for that ram amount you got? Also, have tried any of these custom roms that are designed for orange's SF- can the finnish model handle them?

vittu mitä sekoilua..

Edited by jarno3

Guest Lemppari
can you link some proof for that ram amount you got?

Here is a thread about the Saunalahti version of the Blade. Many users have confirmed the RAM amount with e.g. Quadrant.

Also, have tried any of these custom roms that are designed for orange's SF- can the finnish model handle them?

No, that's my next project, but I don't have the time for it now. Maybe I'll check it at the weekend. I really don't want to post anything more on this forum, because it get's fast off topic. More discussion in the link I posted above.

vittu mitä sekoilua..

Älä muuta sano.

Guest mark2410

so is there currently a best way to buy one? im a student but i refuse to give the communist party/nus money so no nus card. i also should have a still working orange sim card from when i bought my own, somewhere, i think.

am i better to try in a shop or call sales?

Just ordered one from Orange via Borderlinx. Let's see do I ever get the phone.

edit: Well, now Orange is asking address of the credit card B)

Edited by Roku

so is there currently a best way to buy one? im a student but i refuse to give the communist party/nus money so no nus card. i also should have a still working orange sim card from when i bought my own, somewhere, i think.

I've read that the Orange website accepts any 15-digit number as student ID, since NUS membership numbers are 15 digits long. Some people have reported success entering fifteen zeroes, but since you're a student, you might feel more comfortable/legitimate entering your proper student number, padded with leading zeroes.

I've put in a pre-order for the white one from Play, lets hope the current displayed date is accurate.

Not overly worried if it's not though, as long as it arrives before Xmas :P