Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Bought mine in my local orange shop yesterday. Glad i did, feared they may sell out before xmas.

£119 including £20 top up. Transfered the £20 credit to my mother's phone so really only paid £99.

Removed all the orange crap and Im very impressed with it.

Guest witnessmenow
Yeah, was trying to use my BoI Laser/Maestro card which was declined... :D As for Dealhunter.ie - nice find!!! :P

ah :/

Our Laser Cards aren't the same as the UK ones. Use your credit card and it should go through no problem.

Guest Vladooo

Beware of PLAY.COM !!!

It is a SCAM and FRAUD !

They charge your credit card with one pound upon registration without warning and they store CCV2 number and they can misuse your card at any time and charge you what you did not order.

They lie about stock and delivery time. Claims not possible, no or minimum communication with clients! They do not even have company address and email available on their website. They are registered in Jersey. I do not understand how this company operation can be legal in UK, I have seen so many complaints on the internet.

See:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/playcom-a92291.html

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews3430.html

Once you put there you credit card details you cannot erase them. However, here is a trick how to do it: go to edit card details, use this credit card number generator http://sqa.fyicenter.com/Online_Test_Tools...r_Generator.php and enter fake numbers, erase your name and enter any fake CCV2.

Edited by Vladooo

They are registered in Jersey. I do not understand how this company operation can be legal in UK, I have seen so much complains on the internet.

Well, for a start they aren't in the UK - they are in Jersey.

That's like saying. "They are in Canada. I can't believe the US allow this".

Anyway, I've used Play.com maybe half a dozen times and don't recognise any of the things you mention. I ordered the grey San Francisco from them on the 1st November. They immediately emailed me to say they weren't expecting stock until the 30th. They didn't charge my card a penny until the 18th when they sent me an email to say stock had now arrived and it had dispatched. The 18th was the date of the transaction on my credit card. The phone arrived on the 24th.

Not exactly rapid delivery but the weather has been awful, post is slow in the run-up to Christmas and I've got used to stuff taking nearly a week to arrive from Jersey. If I want something quickly, I choose Amazon but Play.com are fine.

Guest IPB_Refugee

San Francisco is coming to Switzerland and should be available on December, 6th for a really low price (100 CHF / 76 €):

http://okmobile.ch/de/mobile/index.php?id=smartphone

According to the website, it will have the OLED display.

Don't know how difficult it will be for foreigners to get a device from okmobile... Anyone from Switzerland here @modaco? :P

EDIT: SORRY, I'm in the wrong topic.

Edited by IPB_Refugee

Guest super-quaver
Beware of PLAY.COM !!!

It is a SCAM and FRAUD !

They charge your credit card with one pound upon registration without warning and they store CCV2 number and they can misuse your card at any time and charge you what you did not order.

They lie about stock and delivery time. Claims not possible, no or minimum communication with clients! They do not even have company address and email available on their website. They are registered in Jersey. I do not understand how this company operation can be legal in UK, I have seen so many complaints on the internet.

See:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/playcom-a92291.html

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews3430.html

Once you put there you credit card details you cannot erase them. However, here is a trick how to do it: go to edit card details, use this credit card number generator http://sqa.fyicenter.com/Online_Test_Tools...r_Generator.php and enter fake numbers, erase your name and enter any fake CCV2.

I cant believe that for one second,i have used used play.com on numerous times, been using for about 2 years.

Guest TomDroid
Picked up a white one today - nice :P

Got a white one in Uxbridge, sim unlocked it straight away! Using my O2 sim (unlilited data plan, etc..). Probably just going to use the orange sim for orange wednesdays! ;)

Guest reeve_91

Just ordered one off carphone warehouse, lets just hope its not too good to be true ;) dont see why more shops dont stock this phone; anyone with half a brain will want one

Spoke to someone in sales at Orange today (my delivery is going to be a day late due to snoww :P ) he said they were hoping to get some grey ones back in stock next week. Carphone warehouse looks to be the best option at the moment. Have people seen the much higher prices these phones are being flogged for on Fleabay? ;)

Guest reeve_91
Spoke to someone in sales at Orange today (my delivery is going to be a day late due to snoww ;) ) he said they were hoping to get some grey ones back in stock next week. Carphone warehouse looks to be the best option at the moment. Have people seen the much higher prices these phones are being flogged for on Fleabay? ;)

yeh i looked yesterday, its ridiculus really. :P yeh suprised mine has been dispatched so quickly tbf, mine will probably delayed too, fricking snow. would prefer to go instore but i called them up and asked if they had any in stock, the guy replied to my surprise to say he had never herd of it :P

yeh i looked yesterday, its ridiculus really. :P yeh suprised mine has been dispatched so quickly tbf, mine will probably delayed too, fricking snow. would prefer to go instore but i called them up and asked if they had any in stock, the guy replied to my surprise to say he had never herd of it :P

When did you order from Carphone Warehouse? How long did it take for it to be shipped? ;)

Have you tried Aramex Shop N Ship, they give you a UK address where you can order items. The shipping cost to Czech Republic is only 10 GBP for 0.5 kg ;)

Even I want to order the Grey SF, but all these online stores do not accept my Credit Card nor Paypal! :P :P

I had my san fran stolen today; tried to buy a new one from an orange shop.

They didn't offer to copy my phone number and existing balance to the new phone. Got to the checkout and they added a £20 top-up voucher. I told em that I can get it cheaper on the orange website, as well as on Play.com. They refused to budge, so I left.

Just checked Play.com now and it seems that the grey one is no longer there. Also, the Orange site still shows it as £99+£10 top-up, but out-of-stock. =(

Was just about to ask whether anyone had come across any good deals, but I just noticed the e2save link - thanks Nebbo, i'll give that one a go. £7.57 cashback from Top Cashback too ;)