Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest reeve_91

sigh ;) sods law, was going to tell you but uve already found it, ha do you use hotukdeals bac? are you still going to get it from orange, might cancel my order but not sure i can be bothered to wait. whats all this business with the screen i thought they all had AMOLED screens??

Guest Karl SR
sigh ;) sods law, was going to tell you but uve already found it, ha do you use hotukdeals bac? are you still going to get it from orange, might cancel my order but not sure i can be bothered to wait. whats all this business with the screen i thought they all had AMOLED screens??

Doesn't seem to be any on that site now either.. just get a blank screen and going through the menu find no match for SanFran. Play.com says the White is coming Dec 16th. Was going to get wife one of these too.

Guest userof2

Hey guys, I just ordered one of these on Friday. Unfortunately they were out of stock with Orange, so instead I bought on from the Carphone Warehouse. Hopefully it should arrive tomorrow. One question though, if there are any problems with it will I still be able to get support from Orange and my nearest Orange Shop? My nearest Carphone Warehouse shop is 20 miles further away than the Orange shop which is pretty inconvenient, plus they're not renowned for having the best customer support in the world.

It'll probably be fine, but just in case - this only occurred to me this morning ;)

Guest zurpher

I have read at HotDealsUK that some orders via the quoted link have been canceled. Apparently they have oversold. Another reason might be that the discount was only intended for their existing customer base.

Please let me know if your e2save oder has been shipped or even delivered.

Guest katrinam123

not sure how useful this will be, but i went into the orange shop yesterday and bought the san francisco directly from them (paid £99 + £20 topup). when i got home i unboxed everything and the phone i received was WHITE. after looking on the website i realised that white is not available yet on pay as you go, only on contract. but since i have used the phone now i cannot return it which is a shame as i really wanted the black one, but the white is growing on me slowly! i know lots of people like white phones, i am not one of them but i will learn to like it. anyone know where i can get a cover from?

Guest ssdlucas
not sure how useful this will be, but i went into the orange shop yesterday and bought the san francisco directly from them (paid £99 + £20 topup). when i got home i unboxed everything and the phone i received was WHITE. after looking on the website i realised that white is not available yet on pay as you go, only on contract. but since i have used the phone now i cannot return it which is a shame as i really wanted the black one, but the white is growing on me slowly! i know lots of people like white phones, i am not one of them but i will learn to like it. anyone know where i can get a cover from?

That's interesting as we have a black one but also want a white one. Looks like they are starting to roll them out.

There is a thread on here about cases.

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/319...range/page/160/

But these are mainly for Nokias and do not have the perfect cutouts etc. Have not heard of any cases made for the zte blade in the UK, but they do them in France.

Guest some_postman

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I chose to join because of all the amazing info on this phone - and to find out how to get one! I live in New Zealand

My bother lives in London, but everywhere I know to look for phones online have this phone sold out at the moment. Anyone know of a current source in the UK (or elsewhere) that they are currently in stock?

Guest ScaredyCat

One of my colleagues just phoned Orange up to find out when stock would be in. The Guy on the other end of the phone said they had some. He bought one there and then. So, phone up and see rather than waiting for the website to show stock.

SC

Guest J4M350N
San Francisco is coming to Switzerland and should be available on December, 6th for a really low price (100 CHF / 76 €):

http://okmobile.ch/de/mobile/index.php?id=smartphone

According to the website, it will have the OLED display.

Don't know how difficult it will be for foreigners to get a device from okmobile... Anyone from Switzerland here @modaco? ;)

EDIT: SORRY, I'm in the wrong topic.

A customer just claimed okmobile's Blades have TFT instead of OLED. The guy managing their facebook page said it may be a mistake on the okmobile website, but he need to check if its TFT or OLED in the devices first.

EDIT: Sorry there is already a own thread abot ZTE Blad in Switzerland dicussing this. Btw the okmobile guy told me that there is no delivery, yo can buy them only in the shops in Switzerland.

Edited by J4M350N

A customer just claimed okmobile's Blades have TFT instead of OLED. The guy managing their facebook page said it may be a mistake on the okmobile website, but he need to check if its TFT or OLED in the devices first.

EDIT: Sorry there is already a own thread abot ZTE Blad in Switzerland dicussing this. Btw the okmobile guy told me that there is no delivery, yo can buy them only in the shops in Switzerland.

True, they don't do deliveries. I got mnine this morning as ok.- Mobile was launched today here in Switzerland. By the feel, I'd say it is a TFT screen. I don't actually know where I can get a confirmation about this.

Price was 100 francs + 10 for a compulsory SIM card with some amount on it (that's the same in US $)

Got my grey one from the Orange shop on Saturday (Meadowhall, Sheffield) phoned to see if they had stock and would they reserve me one. The guy said that there was no need as they had loads. Got £20 off for being a council worker but had to have £20 top up. I'm pretty sure it is OLED as the black parts of the screen are really black in the dark.

So far all the SF in grey, in the UK are AMOLED? The new batch from carphone warehouse are AMOLED too?, anybody get one from there yet ? Thanx

I got mine from the Orange website, it's grey and TFT

I got mine from the Orange website, it's grey and TFT

oh crap, hopefuly then the carphone warehouse bunch are OLED its advertised on there sites as OLED, but seems unlikely now :/

Guest Ivan1024
I have read at HotDealsUK that some orders via the quoted link have been canceled. Apparently they have oversold. Another reason might be that the discount was only intended for their existing customer base.

Please let me know if your e2save oder has been shipped or even delivered.

Hi,

I ordered on Friday evening at the £79.91 price, followed up with a phone call on Saturday morning (accidentally entered the wrong email address when I ordered ;) )

The person I spoke to changed my details and put the order through.

The phone arrived today, it has an OLED screen :P

I missed the e2save deal, and in fact they seem to have taken the phone off the site entirely.

Ordered from Carphone Warehouse instead, but they emailed me to say that they're out of stock too. Ah bollocks. Bet the next stock will be all TFT - seems like everywhere has run out of shiny OLED units...

I missed the e2save deal, and in fact they seem to have taken the phone off the site entirely.

Ordered from Carphone Warehouse instead, but they emailed me to say that they're out of stock too. Ah bollocks. Bet the next stock will be all TFT - seems like everywhere has run out of shiny OLED units...

Ebay SF OLEDs should skyrocket in price soon,

only chance now is if your local orange shop, still got some old stock, :/

Edited by Fou-lu

Just ordered a White one from Orange (in stock at 12pm today) for £99 (+10) with £12.50 cashback from Quidco.

It doesnt say whether it is OLED or TFT so will update you when it arrives tomorrow.

hey everybody. i'm a little late to the party but it's time to get one of these ;)

didn't realise there was such a low priced and fully featured android handset on the market until literally this week. not been paying much attention to mobiles these days although i worked in the industry for voda a while back. time to replace the trusty 4 year old sony k810i :P

smartphones have come on so much in affordability and user experience since i had the old qtek 9100 many moons ago. android is clearly the way to go too.

so i'm gonna make visits to local orange/carphones warehouses and see if there is stock of the grey/black model asap, probably tommorow. the talk about OLED models getting phased out is very worrying. i definitely want one of those for any retail price up to £120 (the orange store +£20).

my question is if there is how to tell if its a OLED based unit. i have a very good idea of what the OLED looks like in terms of vibrancy but any other tips would be appreciated. if i can find stock i don't really want to gamble and will try and get them to take one out the box so i can get a look at it in operation. don't know how strict they are with doing this but i used to do it all the time for customers. any ideas if orange/carphone stock more likely to be the OLED unit right now?

cheers.

Hi,

To tell if it's OLED, try to see if it has a backlight on the screen, OLED dosent have a backlight, the black should be completely black, try to compare it with ur old phone screen if you buy instore, or if you can ask to check the build number, it should have 0B05 at the end for OLED, 0B08 For TFT..

white models are all TFT, but if your lucky orange/carphone warehouse may have some old SF grey models, in stock which is OLED in store, on the orange site someone said before he got a TFT in grey, so lucks like the OLED are all gone there, on the carphone warehouse site, dont know yet..

Good luck! I will have same problem as you next week ;)

Edited by Fou-lu

Hi,

To tell if it's OLED, try to see if it has a backlight on the screen, OLED dosent have a backlight, the black should be completely black, try to compare it with ur old phone screen if you buy instore, or if you can ask to check the build number, it should have 0B05 at the end for OLED, 0B08 For TFT..

white models are all TFT, but if your lucky orange/carphone warehouse may have some old SF grey models, in stock which is OLED in store, on the orange site someone said before he got a TFT in grey, so lucks like the OLED are all gone there, on the carphone warehouse site, dont know yet..

Good luck! I will have same problem as you next week ;)

thanks dude. yup i'm aware that OLED has individually lit pixels as opposed to a backlight to give the darker blacks. it's a fairly noticable difference in vibrancy to standard LCDs so i think i 'should' be able to tell the difference, just don't know how good their lcd screen is in comparison. do you know where exactly i find the build number you refer to? near the IMEI inside the back of phone or on the box? or is that the pre-installed firmware version?

i'll be going to my local orange/carphone warehouse and then the same for the nearest city if need be. carphone preferable if orange is now £20 top-up in store. good luck to you too :P

Edited by Hanks6

To check build number,

go to setting>scroll down>click on "About phone"

there should be a "build number" like this at that bottem(Scroll down):

0UK.P729BV1.0.B05(OLED)

0UK.P729BV1.0.B08(TFT)

No idea, if they let you check instore, most they probaly do. ;)

Guest AceOfSpades
To check build number,

go to setting>scroll down>click on "About phone"

there should be a "build number" like this at that bottem(Scroll down):

0UK.P729BV1.0.B05(OLED)

0UK.P729BV1.0.B08(TFT)

No idea, if they let you check instore, most they probaly do. ;)

I wouldn't trust these build numbers completely, I bought a blade on monday, it seems to be amoled, colours, viewing angles, in daylight completely dark blacks but it has a slight glow when showing black in a completely dark room which has made me think again...

thanks people. looking at some comparison vids i think i'll be able tell the difference. LED will have a distinct glow to it that will be different from any LCD offering. and the fact that backlight comes from a source....should be able to see it when looking very closely and at the interior of the screen. speculation about a 3rd type of screen...some type of IPS panel...is interesting, but from my experience IPS panels do not offer significantly better contrast, only better viewing angles and superior response time. and there is still a backlight.

Edited by Hanks6

Guest manit40

ordered my SC ta day from orange online 0800 079 2000 they arrived first thing this morning cost me £79.00 with £30 off for being and orange customer nice well chuffed......... ;)

Edited by manit40