Where to buy the Orange San Francisco online (Grey / White)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Maringer

Just phoned Orange and ordered a white one for my girlfriend. No problems - should be delivered on Friday. Total cost £94.15.

She wanted a grey one but I've already got one of those and don't want her to run off with mine by mistake, so white it is! ;)

Hey guys. Does anyone already have the new version with TFT-LCD? I would really appreciate to know how it is. I suspect that it is perfectly fine and it's not that big of a deal compared to oled but still, hearing is knowing in this case, since I can't see it in person :P

flibblesan: hope you don't mind, but, what do you mean by "slightly better pixel density and improved touch controller". Resolution and size are the same for the screen, correct? About touch controller, well, just curious ;)

Thanks.

what will be interesting is if the telesales ordered SFs are actually different stock (ie potential OLED units) to the ones on the online store. i know from when i worked at voda that the telesales/store/online stock all came from different warehouses. today the online store was sold out when telesales had plenty (different stock). i fully expect 3 new TFT models to arrive, but you never know ;)

there's been reports of grey TFT models being sent out from the online store, but i presume in each case this was direct from the website and not through telesales.

Edited by Hanks6

That would be a mess, yes. Some with OLED, some with TFT... no way of telling but to get it and try it. I just hope that either way the screen is fine. Or one messy story that I had with LCD Samsung monitors back in 07 might repeat ;) Those famous S panels for BW226 screen. Don't want that. Don't mind the TFT if it is good quality. Resolution is what I personally am after.

what will be interesting is if the telesales ordered SFs are actually different stock (ie potential OLED units) to the ones on the online store. i know from when i worked at voda that the telesales/store/online stock all came from different warehouses. today the online store was sold out when telesales had plenty (different stock). i fully expect 3 new TFT models to arrive, but you never know ;)

there's been reports of grey TFT models being sent out from the online store, but i presume in each case this was direct from the website and not through telesales.

I bought a grey TFT model from the online store a week ago just before the website first put up it's 'out of stock sign', I also bought a OLED model from the Orange shop in Chorley Lancs today, so there are different possibilities.

Hey guys. Does anyone already have the new version with TFT-LCD? I would really appreciate to know how it is. I suspect that it is perfectly fine and it's not that big of a deal compared to oled but still, hearing is knowing in this case, since I can't see it in person :P

flibblesan: hope you don't mind, but, what do you mean by "slightly better pixel density and improved touch controller". Resolution and size are the same for the screen, correct? About touch controller, well, just curious ;)

Thanks.

I have both and the TFT is fine in my opinion though I do prefer the OLED as I think it has better contrast and colours. Probably wouldn't notice unless it was brought to your attention or used to dealing with different displays

i just read on hotukdeals that someone spoke to someone clued up at Orange who told them it should be back in-stock on the website tommorow around midday and there is lots of stock. this is if anyone is still looking to order one with quidco cashback on top of the 15% off sale price.

Guest 5c00ter

I ordered one of the SF handsets from Orange yesterday, just before they sold out again. I've no idea if this will be a TFT or OLED. The main point being is be wary on delivery times. Mine should have been delivered today, but never arrived.

After further investigation, the courier company DPD have a massive backlog on deliveries due to snow disruption. There's no warning or mention of this on the Orange shop, so if you're paying for a specific delivery slot, it may not happen as I've been told that the delivery slots cannot be guaranteed at the moment.

Lastly, if you get a dispatched email after ordering without the consignment number, then follow it up with Orange as this was the first clue to my non-delivery.

Hope this helps.

Edited by 5c00ter

Does the 15% discount apply in store? Or only online?

supposedly, the 15 is online and on the phone

so you get 15% off and then £20 off for being an orange customer, bringing it down to only £65.00

yesssssssssssss

Edited by HMZX

Guest Maringer
I ordered one of the SF handsets from Orange yesterday, just before they sold out again. I've no idea if this will be a TFT or OLED. The main point being is be wary on delivery times. Mine should have been delivered today, but never arrived.

After further investigation, the courier company DPD have a massive backlog on deliveries due to snow disruption. There's no warning or mention of this on the Orange shop, so if you're paying for a specific delivery slot, it may not happen as I've been told that the delivery slots cannot be guaranteed at the moment.

Lastly, if you get a dispatched email after ordering without the consignment number, then follow it up with Orange as this was the first clue to my non-delivery.

Hope this helps.

To be honest, with the current postal situation throughout much of the UK, this isn't at all surprising. We've had about a foot of snow where I live on the East coast (which has now turned to treacherous ice) and we've had just one postal delivery in the past 8 days. This week, our business has had a couple of deliveries from Citylink, DPD and others but the drivers of each courier company warns us that their warehouses are bulging with undelivered packages. I know of at least 40 packages waiting to be delivered to us from various couriers so, although the SF I ordered today should in theory be delivered on Friday, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it sometime next week instead!

Just received my white one from Orange. Ordered yesterday morning.

Seems to be TFT from the build number although not really sure how to tell as nothing to compare it to.

Just compared it to my Motorola Dext which I have 2.1 running and it blows it out of the water in terms of speed (although my Dext is loaded up with so much that could be a factor...). http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPho...p;idPhone2=3391

I do miss not having a keyboard however the dimensions of the Blade make it much more pocketable.

The white casing seems to show up the marks pretty quickly so not sure how good it is going to look without some sort of protection.

Overall impressed at this price though!

so which sites have it in stock right nw ?

I see orange having and play accepting orders for white one with expected stock on dec 16 ...

any other ???

Gutted that they dropped the price the day after I bought it. Mind you at least they had it in stock at the previous price!

Has anyone noticed how much they are going for on Ebay? Why on earth are people to pay £50 over the shop price?

Ready to have a go at upgrading to 2.2 tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

15% off sale 8/9 December plus free delivery and a free Christmas gift box. Bargain!

P

Guest ssdlucas

Are there any white ones for sale at the moment. I've phoned Orange a couple of times this week and they say they are not available yet. Is it just bad timing by me, as it seems some people on here have bought white ones.

I've been calling 0800 079 2000, the number on the Orange website.

Guest ssdlucas
You must have spoken to someone without a clue, white ones have been available for about a week.

Thanks, I just called and they say it's coming tomorrow.

supposedly, the 15 is online and on the phone

so you get 15% off and then £20 off for being an orange customer, bringing it down to only £65.00

yesssssssssssss

Is that only with the "phone fund", or is there another way to get money off for being an existing customer?

I asked at an Orange shop the other day and they told me that there was no discount for existing customers - so its definitely not in store.

By the way, could anyone tell me if it is possible to get it delivered to an alternate address (my work address) rather than the billing address? There's no obvious option for it in the checkout. I tried to get hold of Orange but haven't been able to get an answer yet.

Cheers.

Guest insurgente
Is that only with the "phone fund", or is there another way to get money off for being an existing customer?

I asked at an Orange shop the other day and they told me that there was no discount for existing customers - so its definitely not in store.

By the way, could anyone tell me if it is possible to get it delivered to an alternate address (my work address) rather than the billing address? There's no obvious option for it in the checkout. I tried to get hold of Orange but haven't been able to get an answer yet.

Cheers.

on orange's website you can't (which means no SF for me til I visit me mum's house, boo ;)) but if you order on the phone I believe you can

Cheers.

You have to get it delivered to the billing address, however on DPD's site, there is an option to rearrange a failed delivery to a different address. I shall be trying that service out shortly, as no-one is home and I've got one due.

Guest ssdlucas

Cheers.

That's right you can't get the orange customer discount in store but you can get it over the phone. It's £30 off and you're just supposed to have topped up £30 in the past 3 months, but depending who you speak to they may or may not be too strict about that.