Extract Swype on I9000JHJP4 Rom

Guest Reza WM

Hi man

in this week, leaked Froyo I9000JHJP4 Test rom for Galaxy s

in this Rom have persian & arabic Swype, i need this and i dont have galaxy s

any one can help me to extraxt this version of Swype on this rom ?!

get me .apk to install on my desire

thanks man. specially to paul for this forum :lol:

Edited by Reza WM

swype v2.3.43.10548

Don't know if this will work on an unrooted phone, but the basic principle is this:

Get a file manager (not the included one, as it only shows you the content of /sdcard/), like OI File Manager and go to /system/app/

There you should find Swype.apk. Please note that it's /system/ and not /sdcard/system/

Don't know if this will work on an unrooted phone, but the basic principle is this:

Get a file manager (not the included one, as it only shows you the content of /sdcard/), like OI File Manager and go to /system/app/

There you should find Swype.apk. Please note that it's /system/ and not /sdcard/system/

thanks but i dont have galaxy s :lol:

thanks but i dont have galaxy s :lol:

Sorry misunderstood OP. I'm still on Eclair 2.1 build, so can't help you with Swype 2.0 (that's the version that's in Froyo AFAIK). Maybe other users will be kind enough to share it.

Sorry misunderstood OP. I'm still on Eclair 2.1 build, so can't help you with Swype 2.0 (that's the version that's in Froyo AFAIK). Maybe other users will be kind enough to share it.

i give it to my friend

.apk & .odex too,but when i install .apk after a few seconds my phone is reset automatically

any one help me how to install it?!

Swype.rar

Edited by Reza WM

any one help me how to install it?!

This is how I did it... you need to be rooted and have adb installed (or terminal app on mobile, but I'm too lazy for that) to do this. :

- Copy the Swype.apk to your sdcard

Run the following commands from Terminal (linux) or Command prompt:

$ adb shell

$ su

# mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system	 

# mv /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app/Swype.apk

# mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system

I had to run the mount commands, because otherwise it would say that the system partition is Read-only. You can try without, and maybe it'll work for you :lol:

Now just go somewhere where you can type on the phone, tap and hold the box and change Input methods. Have fun!

Edited by irvine

This is how I did it... you need to be rooted and have adb installed (or terminal app on mobile, but I'm too lazy for that) to do this. :

- Copy the Swype.apk to your sdcard

Run the following commands from Terminal (linux) or Command prompt:

$ adb shell

$ su

# mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system	 

# mv /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app/Swype.apk

# mount -t rfs -o remount,ro /dev/block/stl9 /system

I had to run the mount commands, because otherwise it would say that the system partition is Read-only. You can try without, and maybe it'll work for you :lol:

Now just go somewhere where you can type on the phone, tap and hold the box and change Input methods. Have fun!

i cant install yet

B)

anybody help me?! paul? where are u?! im noob in android

i cant install yet

:lol:

anybody help me?! paul? where are u?! im noob in android

What is it that is not working for you? There is no need to install the app. Just move it to the right place and ur done.

What is it that is not working for you? There is no need to install the app. Just move it to the right place and ur done.

move done but i dont have swype and when install again

my desire reset

if it's anything like the beta then it registers itself with an individual phone (probably IMEI). i think there's also copy protection. it's easy enough to find "universal" versions via google or use alternatives from the market like Ultra Keyboard or SlideIT.

if it's anything like the beta then it registers itself with an individual phone (probably IMEI). i think there's also copy protection. it's easy enough to find "universal" versions via google or use alternatives from the market like Ultra Keyboard or SlideIT.

it means anybody cant help me to i use swype on my desire?!

google is always there to help - but it's a minefield out there. I wish they'd release Swype into the market, I'd even settle for an older version so they can keep their vendor exclusive deals with newer versions.

Guest PitSyapa
it means anybody cant help me to i use swype on my desire?!

I have tried everything, on my nexus one, moving the swype.apk to system/app, but nonthing happens. and it does not install, may be this file is specifically for galaxy.