Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest spacecat46

much as i am excited about these new developments

I find it hilarious when people say that they were thinking of getting rid of their phones because of the current software

On the 2.1 6941 i can do pretty much anything i want and can run flash via skyfire its not perfect but it works pretty good

the ONLY real reason for buying a streak and it was my reason is the BIG screen and no matter what version of android is on it its still gonna be

5 inches !

all the day to day stuff works great, movies, internet, music,email,etc etc

I swear once Froyo comes out within days everyones gonna start bitchin for ginger bread!

Some times you gotta stop and ENJOY what you got.

I went from 2.1 to 2.2 on my HERO and tbh i didnt see what the big deal was.

The only thing here will be if it works properly with flash 10.1 and that remains to be seen

Guest rahulkadukar
ok current status on my 2.1

boot: works

network/ril: works

data : works

touch: works

3d gfx: works

fixing the rest as i type

I just had one question, it is mentioned that 3D GFX works, does it not work in the O2 build ? I am asking because I tried to run NFS Shift and although the game starts and all I can only see a black screen and nothing else once the actual race starts, is this an issue with the 3D GFX or is Shift not compatible with Streak ?

Guest MrPokeylope
Yea thats why the geohotz from blackra1n quit, people expecting , badgering and he got tired of the whining scene and quit, but were all cool here , i also posted something in xda on how to use 480x800 wallpaper on 160dpi with out cropping if anyone intrested can try it out to see if it works for them, lots of NON live wallpapers that look great on the streak expecially the ubuntu ones in the market

That info I can use. I love live wallpaper. but I love my battery life too :lol:

George got it bad from both the iphone and the ps3. His genius really blows me away, but I feel sorry for the guy.

I've been involved in alot of console scenes, from back around 10 years ago when I got my first drgb flashcard for my gameboy color. Have translated, tweaked, written guides for, and done all sorts of things.

homebrew is simply just people expecting the impossible now though.

Used to mod my friends psps, and they'd CONSTANTLY brick, or not get something to work, or ask if they could play ps2 or ps3 games on it... oh... I just quit being nice.

Now I spectate B) I modify my own gadgets so they achieve their potential. and I'm happy with every daft wee advance.

The 30fps limit doesn't bother me. I watch tons of animated cartoons on my streak (thundercats atm! HOOO)... and most of those are only animated at around 7fps.

I was happiest playing games at 15fps on my n64 as well.

I do apologise for flying off the handle though B) Everyone's nice here.

Guest MrPokeylope
I just had one question, it is mentioned that 3D GFX works, does it not work in the O2 build ? I am asking because I tried to run NFS Shift and although the game starts and all I can only see a black screen and nothing else once the actual race starts, is this an issue with the 3D GFX or is Shift not compatible with Streak ?

Thats an issue with you downloading apks you shouldn't have. :lol:

Nobody'll help you run it here mate.

there is something that will tho B)

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok im tempted to upload a image of my currect work but im not sure anyone would want to use something that is workign as below

data only,

no wifi or BT

3d accell enabled

no gapps (could add them easy enough)

no sound

sleep is a bit dodgy

totally stock

sd card mounting

?

I'm interested in the 30fps cap because.. just because :lol:

well Ok

it would be nice to see if it is responsible for the lagging on touch input (not really noticable but its there) as the evo found it was solved.

HTC released a proper fix for it btw, in a new kernel, no-one has yet said what they think htc did, but it works better than the hacks by all accounts.

The hacks appear to use timings for the frame buffer, which in theory is easy to do with fbset but the settings dont work on the streak (Not enough android experience to know if this is a streak specific or android issue).

it may not be the most vital thing, but its another thing that can be worked on so may as well be worked on B)

Honestly, you are probably better off not uploading it unless someone puts their hand up and is willing to field all the complaints asking why isn't the radio working, no sound, etc.

People have been waiting since June, another 4 days or so won't make any difference.

Guest vinokirk
ok im tempted to upload a image of my currect work but im not sure anyone would want to use something that is workign as below

data only,

no wifi or BT

3d accell enabled

no gapps (could add them easy enough)

no sound

sleep is a bit dodgy

totally stock

sd card mounting

?

I would definatly test it out for you, at work till 0700 but ill test if when im home for sure

Guest MrPokeylope

Fards... Love the new pic.

Terry F*ckwitt. Utterly genius.

Had a Viz moment the other night. Kept thinking of the time the fat slags ate their own weight in lard and won a holiday. Classic.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks, im uploading my system image as i type, its in tar.gz format at moment as i dont have tiem tonight to work out how to do imgs or update zips, also works better as its more complicated to install so only brave testers will try.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/code] - cheers cyanogen for that current state of system: Main os works, touch etc Phone radio works but only for data google apps are in built but i dont think they work. wifi, bt,sound,gps,cam are broken currently their seems to be issues with screen returning from sleep it goes garbled usualyl pressing menu will fix the screen is flipped wrongly requirements to install: A brain!, rooted device with busybox some idea how to use command line commands adb + fastboot setup and working [b]----------------------------------------------- | A WORKING BACKUP OF YOUR DEVICE | -----------------------------------------------[/b] FILES: boot.img - new kernel and ramdisk : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/2.1/boot.img root.tgz - http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/root.tgz << the actual root filesystem. howto: im going to assume you know how to use adb etc for this drop to root first
[code]su
find out the location of busybox on your system
which busybox
then take nope of this and run the following command - replace /system/bin/busybox with the location above
cp /system/bin/busybox /data
this is backing up busybox for the next step. mount your system folder rw
mount -o remount rw /system
drop the root fs image onto your memory card now and make sure usb storage is off so you can access the sd in android then delete the contents of system
rm -r /system/*
now from now on you need to prefix all commands with /data/busybox as you have no data in system at moment to remedy this run the following
cd /system
/data/busybox tar xzvpf /sdcard/root.tgz[/code] wait while it extracts then you need to run the following [color=#FF0000]THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF THE USERDATA ON YOUR DEVICE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!![/color]
[code]cd /data
rm -r *

now pull the battery on your streak - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE SCREEN

boot into fastboot mode and flash the boot.img then reboot device to hopefully boot android :lol:

any logs for problems appreciated

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest vinokirk
ok folks, im uploading my system image as i type, its in tar.gz format at moment as i dont

any logs for problems appreciated

Genius! As soon as i get some free time, ill test her out for you!

Guest vinokirk

D

would test it out but i didnt bring a back up phone with me to work. BTW whats up im a total lurker, i frequent XDA a lot more. Nice work DJ Steve keep it up

Im a massive XDAer too, i had a HD2. But now i got my Streak im mainly on Modaco as it seems to be a bigger scene

Guest punkrckriot
D

Im a massive XDAer too, i had a HD2. But now i got my Streak im mainly on Modaco as it seems to be a bigger scene

yeah i initially started going to XDA for my X1 but the community for the Streak seems a lot smaller over there. I dont post much for the simple reason of not having anything useful to add. I just thought id post and say that i appreciate the work being done

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well all i can say is I'm quite amazed at just how fast this is progressing and of course great credit for all that's been achieved so far to Steve and who ever else is working on this with him but i for one am more then happy to wait until such time as and there is an easy to flash and stable Rom ready. I really don't see the point in asking for things at this time as believe we should let those working on it do what they need to in peace I'm sure as soon as it is ready we will be told and given access to it. Of course the sooner the better but no one is going to suffer if it takes a few days or even weeks as its bound to be quicker and better then from Dell or 02 IMO so well worth what ever the wait is. Really all i can say is great advancements seem to have been made already and I'm looking forward to when its finished when ever that may be.

Marc

Guest Stephen Hyde
Steve can we have the update in zip format once you have a stable release so we can flash through custom recovery update zip method.

yep i just dont want noobs flashing image and ten complaing x doesnt work (no offence to anyone on here)

yep i just dont want noobs flashing image and ten complaing x doesnt work (no offence to anyone on here)

makes perfect sense steve when you feel your ready for a zip release so be it. Keep up the great work hows progress going from last night?