Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest spences10
I just want to check this before i do anything and brick my phone. If i do a nandroid before i flash the new boot.img and system.img will i be able to do a nandroid restore and get back to what i was on before. Basically does nandroid back up and restore the boot.img?

I'm competent.... to a certain level :lol:

Nandroid isnt really working that well atm is it? keeps hanging on the data part of the backup, so if you want to keep your data then use mybackup or something for your data.

But if its just the boot.img and system.img you are interested in restoring then yes nandroid should work fine.

@work atm so will add to mega upload or something when i get in tonight if you are still interested, but it looks like DJ_Steve will have a working version by then anyways

Guest 323spoon

thanks Spences. I've just come to find i dont have any adb or fastboot stuff installed on my work computer so i'll leave it till i get home tonight and give it a whirl. Maybe by then Steve will have a new version out. We'll wait and see. Steve appears to be getting farer than Dell are.

Guest spences10
thanks Spences. I've just come to find i dont have any adb or fastboot stuff installed on my work computer so i'll leave it till i get home tonight and give it a whirl. Maybe by then Steve will have a new version out. We'll wait and see. Steve appears to be getting farer than Dell are.

Dont listen to me 323spoon, I was talking abt using the 2.1 system which DJ_Steve posted on the 27/09/10

Things have now moved on a bit now: See post from DJ_Steve, for 2.2!!!

Ok my test system.img for 2.2 is up

http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/builds/system.img

You need boot img from http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/2.2/boot.img

May be wise to wipe /data yourself too before flash

Working

Data/3g

dalvik with jit (linpack score in the 30s at moment

Google apps

sd card mount

Sound is still dodgy and likely not working

Nor working

pretty much everything else :lol:

Testers only please

Edited by spences10

Guest spences10
an update.zip if this would be nice, if I had flash on my streak I'd be a happy bunny ! but thanks got all your work Steve, will donate when I get paid !

Just flash via fastboot, if you have a custom recovery then you must be able to use fastboot?

fastboot -i 0x413c erase system -w

fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x413c erase boot

fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Guest timbomfg
Just flash via fastboot, if you have a custom recovery then you must be able to use fastboot?

fastboot -i 0x413c erase system -w

fastboot -i 0x413c flash system system.img

fastboot -i 0x413c erase boot

fastboot -i 0x413c flash boot boot.img

fastboot -i 0x413c reboot

Just tried this, looked like it all went through okay. Waiting on it to boot now... Sitting on the android animated screen...

Edit: Bugger, looping, any ideas anyone?

Edited by timbomfg

Guest 323spoon
The links to latest build are in my last post on prev page

Steve, i've managed to get my fastboot working at work now so im planning on flashing. If i do want to go back to the stock or modaco 2.1 then would i need a 2.1 boot.img? and if so, do you have it?

thanks

Guest vinokirk

There is a code somewhere to totally wipe the phone. Exercise caution when using this code tho, im not sure how it would work with the install method being used here. Plus you need to boot into the phone to input it. Perhaps try installing stock 1.6 then using code then fastboot? Im no expert and ive never used the code before, im just throwing ideas about!

Guest spences10
Stoopid question.....how?

Pull the battery from your phone, put it back in> hold down vol up+vol down+power button until you get the recovery options, i think factory reset is opt1

Guest spences10
Steve, i've managed to get my fastboot working at work now so im planning on flashing. If i do want to go back to the stock or modaco 2.1 then would i need a 2.1 boot.img? and if so, do you have it?

thanks

If you flashed the r2 MoDaCo fro from recovery and you still have the .zip file for this then it will all be included in the update.zip

Guest timbomfg
Pull the battery from your phone, put it back in> hold down vol up+vol down+power button until you get the recovery options, i think factory reset is opt1

Did that, still got stuck at android screen.

Rebooted into the recovery mod thingy, selected the zip i had on my SD card of an r2 rom from the modaco kitchen, flashed, rebooted, and now back to 2.1 without any issue.

Guest spences10
There is a code somewhere to totally wipe the phone. Exercise caution when using this code tho, im not sure how it would work with the install method being used here. Plus you need to boot into the phone to input it. Perhaps try installing stock 1.6 then using code then fastboot? Im no expert and ive never used the code before, im just throwing ideas about!

No, dont use the 1.6 FW if yo have any further problems let me know and ill guide you through wiping all the partitions via recovery

Guest 323spoon
If you flashed the r2 MoDaCo fro from recovery and you still have the .zip file for this then it will all be included in the update.zip

thanks spences, gunna give 2.2 a whirl now then :lol:

Guest spences10
Did that, still got stuck at android screen.

Rebooted into the recovery mod thingy, selected the zip i had on my SD card of an r2 rom from the modaco kitchen, flashed, rebooted, and now back to 2.1 without any issue.

In the recovery menus there is a partitions menu, go into that> format boot> format system> format data> format cache

Power off> go into fastboot> fastboot flash system + boot

Try again, if you get the bootloop again> goto factory reset again

If that dosent work then I dont know :lol:

Guest Tacoman667

@Stephen Hyde

Just donated. Looking forward to trying your builds. I am a total n00b when it comes to doing any of this so I am waiting until you can get a really good working and stable build going before I attempt. Thanks for the dedication you are putting in on this project!

Guest PaulVlagsma

Froyo is on the Streak - umm - qsd8250_surf

Used spences10's 'fastboot' method post #184

Also, do

# adb shell

# cd /data

# rm -r *

before reboot.

(fastboot erase data does NOT work - sorry it was late at night)

with the 2.2/boot.img and builds/system.img, post #157

booted a couple of times, and now it works.

I had to chmod 644 /etc/dbus.conf, because I was getting

W/libdbus ( 1474): Failed to start message bus: Failed to open "/etc/dbus.conf": Permission denied

*) Also I only have portrait mode, with the top near the 3 led's.

*) Phone works, I can hear on the Streak, but microphone is not working. No data.

Incoming calls - does not ring - can be picked up - again no mic.

*) Linpack 33.175

Great stuff, Stephen.

Edited by PaulVlagsma