What ROM/firmware do you use?

Guest brack

I'm new owner of SGS and dont know much about it, but as an old user of Android devices I dont see life without rooting and flashing my device. As I see there is very large choice of roms and firmware as well as necessity of lagfix for SGS, so I would like to know people's opinion on different options. I also noticed that Paul's ROM is a bit out of date does it have any influence on your choice?

Thank you

Guest Speckles

I'm using the default pre-installed ROM with no lagfix (I see no reason to use it), but it is rooted.

I'll probably install the official Froyo ROM when it is released.

JM2 official and no custom ROM atm... been waiting for the first official FROYO but I'll have to see if I can be patient enough with delays that have allready been announced...

Even if it requires waiting I'd rather wait for a good FROYO release than get a crappy one right now or next week

Guest SpruceyB

I originally moved to JM1 when it was leaked and then it got pushed out as an official update but never used a Custom ROM as I thought I'd wait for 2.2

I moved to JPC after and loved it, now I'm on JPK and having no problems at all. Like someone else said, I don't see the Custom ROMS adding anything truly unique. This 2.2 does pretty much everything I want.

I'm on JPK with Doc's RomMod Froyo (rooted of course), which works fine for me. It's the first firmware that I don't think desperately needs a lagfix (I'll see how it is after a few days), though I lose bragging rights that way with lacklustre Quadrant scores (981) due to the crappy RFS.

On JPH I've used the brilliant "Transparent Black" theme, which isn't yet available on JPK (and the JPH version doesn't work on JPK, as I found out the hard way on Saturday - stupid me! :lol: ). Currently I'm on Doc's RomMod theme add-on until Transparent Black is available for JPK. I really hate that Samsung didn't make the notification bar black.

JPK has a lot of improvements, got it rooted without lagfix, cos it seems to work more then perfect without it.

Let's hope the official one would be more polished up, with more options under the optionskey :lol: