Extended battery

Guest eugopnosaj

Guest eugopnosaj

Is it worth purchasing one of those high capacity extended batteries? I've found one on the 'bay that's around £13 for 3000mAH however due to the extra thickness it has a separate back cover to make up for this...

Has anyone ever experienced using batteries like this? Will a non-oem battery cause performance/warranty issues later on etc etc

What are your opinions anyone?

ALready had one in my hands yesterday, your phone then looks trice the size,.. In thickness..

Maybe keeping it in the car as a backup, but i don't know if you're into handbags or hipbag really =/

Guest SpruceyB
Is it worth purchasing one of those high capacity extended batteries? I've found one on the 'bay that's around £13 for 3000mAH however due to the extra thickness it has a separate back cover to make up for this...

Has anyone ever experienced using batteries like this? Will a non-oem battery cause performance/warranty issues later on etc etc

What are your opinions anyone?

I got one the other day. I used an extended life battery in my G1 and had no issues with that so don't see what problems could arise from this.

The phone looks a lot bigger than I was expecting. The thickness now just a little short of the thickness of a Nintendo DS Lite.

Still fits in my pocket no problem, just a more unsightly bulge than usual.

Its great to have such a long life battery though, been uplugged for at least 13 hours now and only at 70% battery.

Guest DistortedLoop

I used extended battery cases on my iPhone.

I bought the Seidio extended battery that was double thick and required a new phone back for my Nexus One, but it made it odd to hold, so I rarely used it.

With my Galaxy S, though I found the best option (for me) was to just buy a low-cost replacement battery and carry it in my wallet. They're so thin it's not a big deal for me, and it gives me potential double battery life while out and about without making the phone itself unnecessarily bulky or heavy. Much cheaper, too. $13.00 US on ebay for two batteries, a wall-charger and a car-charger. Obviously they're not stock batteries, but I've seen no complaints with them yet.

Guest eugopnosaj
I used extended battery cases on my iPhone.

I bought the Seidio extended battery that was double thick and required a new phone back for my Nexus One, but it made it odd to hold, so I rarely used it.

With my Galaxy S, though I found the best option (for me) was to just buy a low-cost replacement battery and carry it in my wallet. They're so thin it's not a big deal for me, and it gives me potential double battery life while out and about without making the phone itself unnecessarily bulky or heavy. Much cheaper, too. $13.00 US on ebay for two batteries, a wall-charger and a car-charger. Obviously they're not stock batteries, but I've seen no complaints with them yet.

Yeah I've seen a few of these deals on the 'bay, as you say its around the same price but means that i can keep my original case and prevent the phone from being really bulky. I did the same with my omnia and it was simple enough to remove the battery and swap it