Progress update (MCR et al)

Guest PaulOBrien

An update on my progress with 'hacking' the Blade...

I'm working on a custom recovery, but a significant hurdle is that the device doesn't seem to show up over USB in recovery mode! I'm investigating why exactly... I'm also working on an alternative installation system, but I want to make sure it's 100% before releasing, as well as preparing a 'revert to stock' pack.

Everything should fall into place during the week all being well. :lol:

P

Guest Modmedia

Good stuff. Good luck and thanks for working so quick.

Can I please ask why the link on Page 2 of the Unlocking thread was removed as spam, is it becasuse it was unauth. advertising or a bogus link?

Guest Modmedia
That's an auto-substitution, they probably spammed here before!

P

You'll be my internet friend for life if you could tell me what it was they posted, you're the Admin, I know you have the skills. Pretty please. It'd save me going mental searching for something which may indeed be fake. Pretty please Mr. Nice Admin, sir. :lol:

Guest HugoQueiriga
An update on my progress with 'hacking' the Blade...

I'm working on a custom recovery, but a significant hurdle is that the device doesn't seem to show up over USB in recovery mode! I'm investigating why exactly... I'm also working on an alternative installation system, but I want to make sure it's 100% before releasing, as well as preparing a 'revert to stock' pack.

Everything should fall into place during the week all being well. :lol:

P

Any help with boot animation, I found the executable in /system/bin/ , however even if I place the bootanimation.zip in /system/media the old one is used.

I would like to change it but don't know where the boot files are.

Thanks

Found the image files in the framework-res.apk so will try and modify it there! B)

Edited by HugoQueiriga

Any help with boot animation, I found the executable in /system/bin/ , however even if I place the bootanimation.zip in /system/media the old one is used.

I would like to change it but don't know where the boot files are.

Thanks

Found the image files in the framework-res.apk so will try and modify it there! :lol:

I am wondering if it is inside the bootanimation executable!

P

Guest HugoQueiriga
I am wondering if it is inside the bootanimation executable!

P

Good news about the USB in recovery!

As for the boot animation, it calls the images from framework-res in the bootanimation executable.

However was looking at other phones that also stored the boot animation like this, to see their work around!

Edited by HugoQueiriga

Guest HugoQueiriga
Time for TV + beer methinks. :lol:

P

Well done and beer+tv is well deserved. I'm going to follow you on that and get myself a nice Super Bock and watch AVSP:2 to finish my week off!

Alrighty!

I've posted by Superboot root solution which also has integrated MCRi (the 'MCR installer').

Until I have the recovery image ready, this gives us that 'safety net' of playing with our devices without fear of completely screwing them up. I'm about to upload the 'stock ROM' for MCRi. :lol:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...boot-root-mcri/

P

Guest HugoQueiriga
Paul,

I followed your guide but when in "adb shell", I get this...

# su

su: not found

Any ideas?

Have you copied SU into your phone as per Paul's previous instructions?

Guest JingleManSweep

How long does the "When this is complete, delete current app directory and push new (adb shell rm -r /system/app && adb push app /system/app) - THIS MUST BE RUN FROM THE DIRECTORY WITH THE NEW APP DIR" stage take to complete?

I have this:

$ adb shell rm -r /system/app && adb push app /system/app

rm: descend into directory '/system/app'? y

Been there for about 3 minutes now.