OEM Packages in custom rom

Guest Thunder141

Guest Thunder141

@Daskalos: If you make oem packages to be installed in \Program Files\Packagename, how do you manage that the files are not as a copy in \Windows.

It seems, that with initflasfiles.txt from the oem package folder the files are copied and not moved.

Thx for an answer

Thunder

Guest daskalos
@Daskalos: If you make oem packages to be installed in \Program Files\Packagename, how do you manage that the files are not as a copy in \Windows.

It seems, that with initflasfiles.txt from the oem package folder the files are copied and not moved.

Thx for an answer

Thunder

hmmm... because for example if you want a .lnk to be in Programs folder, in initflashfiles.txt you write:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Sample.lnk", "\Windows\Sample.lnk")

Thus the Sample.lnk that is cooked in \Windows will be copied to the specified directory ["\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"]

I think all files that will be cooked in the ROM must be placed on \Windows directory and even files without corresponding initflashfiles.txt will automatically be in \Windows so, the only way to place files to other directories is copying them from the parent files, which are in \Windows

Edited by daskalos

Guest Thunder141

I heard, there might be a way to move them from windowsto the desired directories instead o copyiing them by initflashfiles.dat. With a .provxml File, but it is not described as detailed, so I can understand the way.

Because, if one have many oem packages, and all are managed by initflashfiles directive, they do need the double space in ROM. The files are then after booting in \Windows from where they are copied and also in the desired \Program Files directories.

hmmm... because for example if you want a .lnk to be in Programs folder, in initflashfiles.txt you write:

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Sample.lnk", "\Windows\Sample.lnk")

Thus the Sample.lnk that is cooked in \Windows will be copied to the specified directory ["\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"]

I think all files that will be cooked in the ROM must be placed on \Windows directory and even files without corresponding initflashfiles.txt will automatically be in \Windows so, the only way to place files to other directories is copying them from the parent files, which are in \Windows

Guest daskalos

I don't use .provxml File so I don't know how it is done :lol:

Well the only workaround might be, if possible, is to edit initflashfiles.txt and cook the exe and it's dependencies to \Windows. In that way the only file that will be copied is the .lnk file (which is just in tiny bytes).

But I understand that in some apps,depending on how they are written, some of the dependencies are needed to be in a certain folder for the app to work...

I'll try to look up on .provxml-ing and inform if I found the how-to's

Guest Thunder141

To prevent you from misunderstanding: My wish is, that if I use OEM Packages, that they are placed in the Program Files\Packagename Directory without the files additionally staying in \Windows after Booting.

And thx for trying to find help for me.

I don't use .provxml File so I don't know how it is done :lol:

Well the only workaround might be, if possible, is to edit initflashfiles.txt and cook the exe and it's dependencies to \Windows. In that way the only file that will be copied is the .lnk file (which is just in tiny bytes).

But I understand that in some apps,depending on how they are written, some of the dependencies are needed to be in a certain folder for the app to work...

I'll try to look up on .provxml-ing and inform if I found the how-to's

Edited by Thunder141