[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest oldmanhouse

R3 is buggy for me. Opening the main menu is jerky and scrolling can be jerky too.

Also, when scrolling through apps on the main menu it seems to copy random ones to the home screen. Not sure what's up with that?! :)

Guest sipart

Quick question

If I flash now and then flash with a ROM later that includes apps2sd (don't mind if it wipes data) - could I then in theory use my current 8gb SD card and retain apps?

Card is still in my rooted, kitchen'd Samsung Galaxy Portal but the phones being sold soon - the 8gb card has 1gb for apps2sd, when the phone was flashed and since all apps have gone on apps2sd partition.

I'd leave my supplied 2gb SD card in SF until apps2sd is working.

cheers hope I've made sense.

Edited by sipart

Guest balb0wa

ive loaded the default o2 vpn's with the r3 release, 4 of them, cant delete them though ! any ideas?

Edited by balb0wa

R3 is buggy for me. Opening the main menu is jerky and scrolling can be jerky too.

Also, when scrolling through apps on the main menu it seems to copy random ones to the home screen. Not sure what's up with that?! :)

Yeah same symptoms I'm experiencing

Guest Skerved

I've been an add free member since January and I really love what you do here! Truth is tho that this is the first custom rom I install. Just finished installing so now I'm gonna play around! :) Just wanted to say thanks!

Guest fradleyp
The version number is updated if you have installed R3 of the ROM. Perhaps you only installed the r3 superboot?

i downloaded the tar and it hung at the orange logo, what other bit is there... the dos bit?

Guest Simon O

This might help with wifi problems. I edited the build.prop to add the following lines:

wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15[/code] Since then I've hardly had problems with wifi reconnecting.
[code]adb pull /system/build.prop
Add the two lines to the file. I added them below "persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London". Save the file then:
adb remount
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop[/code]

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
i downloaded the tar and it hung at the orange logo, what other bit is there... the dos bit?

Did you first upgrade superboot to r3? If you've done that then you just need to copy the system r3 to the sdcard once renamed then reboot the phone. It will stick on the green android for a minute or so whilst the system is copied over then it'll reboot and you'll see the MoDaCo logo.

Guest fradleyp
Did you first upgrade superboot to r3? If you've done that then you just need to copy the system r3 to the sdcard once renamed then reboot the phone. It will stick on the green android for a minute or so whilst the system is copied over then it'll reboot and you'll see the MoDaCo logo.

sorry didn't realise the superboot needed to be done again

Guest Blasphemous
This might help with wifi problems. I edited the build.prop to add the following lines:

wifi.interface=wlan0

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
Since then I've hardly had problems with wifi reconnecting.
adb pull /system/build.prop
Add the two lines to the file. I added them below "persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London". Save the file then:
adb remount

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

How would we go about carrying out that flibblesan?

Thank you in advance.

Guest sorrowuk

Can you tell me how I can change the logo to just a standard android boot logo?

It looks and feels stupid having this weird guy and www.modaco.com coming up when I start my phone. (no offense) I would feel stupid if someone was using my phone and turned it on and got this.

Is it easy to change, just like replace a .jpg or something ?

Did you choose 'Reset APNs' in the APN setup (required after installing new APN file)?

P

I'm havin trouble finding this option.

If I go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names, then hit menu I only get 2 options; New APN and Reset to default.

Reset to default just leaves the orange settings there.

Does it depend on what sim card is in the phone or am I at the wrong menu?

Guest sensory

After finally getting the rom up and running (main problem was my lack of knowledge of fastboot+linux), this is a world of difference over the stock ROM. From what I can tell the speed is so much better and no more ugly Orange crap!

Now to buy am Android sticker to go on the back of the phone..

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this, Paul! It's great!

96 % here

10-12% here after installing r3.

Edited by sensory

Guest Evil Disco Guy

Noticed a huge speed increase installing the Custom ROM the first time, but after wiping the device and rebooting I've also seen my CPU running at a constant 96%. After rebooting, still the same. Jerky, slow and never dipping below 94% CPU usage.

EDIT: A second wipe seems to have fixed this, 12% now after reboot.

Edited by Evil Disco Guy

Guest flash2004

After installing R3, everything has become a bit jerky. Paul any ideas ?

Things were working fine on R2 for me. Is it possible to go back now ?

Edited by flash2004

After installing R3, everything has become a bit jerky. Paul any ideas ?

Things were working fine on R2 for me. Is it possible to go back now ?

Just flash R2 again, if you still have it!

Just flash R2 again, if you still have it!

I ended up doing this. Had to also bring the superboot back to r2 before the phone returned to normal performance i.e not jerky

Not sure what is going on but something is causing the cpu to be >90% with the r3

Guest m_w_clarke

First time using a MCR and the phone now flies! I didnt realise it was THAT slow before.

Ive not experienced any bugs that people have mentioned below.

The only issue I have is that the mail app wont download/connect to my imap email account. Keeps coming up with a forced error and me having to close the app. As I didnt have this app before (I download K9 mail) I dont know what the problem is...

I guess i will just have to stick with K9.

Oh, and I get ~30% CPU usage according to the task manager.

Guest jlgmax

Ive flashed r3 and reset APNs and now have 4 for o2....2 each for pre and post pay.

The problem is, when I go into them all of the settings are greyed out, including the option to delete them !

Any idea how I can resolve this so that I can try the settings posted earlier in this thread ?

Thanks !

Guest renegade027
Anyone else not able to add a Facebook account in accounts & sync?

Yeah, what's up with that??? In r2 it just did not work. In r3 it tries to start adding the account but nothing happens. The recently used apps list shows Facebook but if I bring it up - it's just a blank page...