[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

There is a strange behavior: I can not switch my phone to standby using the button on top. Pressing longer shows the menu, but a short press does not do anything. :-/

Guest Simon O
There is a strange behavior: I can not switch my phone to standby using the button on top. Pressing longer shows the menu, but a short press does not do anything. :-/

Are you using the original rom or the custom rom?

So i've just installed both the R3 superboot and R3 ROM (thanks Paul, btw) - but whenever I turn on the phone, the screen gets stuck on showing the MoDaCo logo - I have to maunally press the buttons at the bottom to get the unlock screen to come up.

I didn't have this problem with the R2 boot/ROM.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried going back to R2 and then back to R3 again, but it didn't change anything.

Thanks

Guest Simon O
I use the custom rom r3.

btw: CPU load is 99% nearly all the time :-(

Hm other people have reported a similar thing with mcr r3 also. Search the market for OSMonitor and install it. Launcher the app and it'll give you a list of all running apps and processors on your phone. You'll be able to find exactly what is using up so much CPU.

Guest Simon O
changed the debug.hw setting to 0 now. Everything has gone back to normal on my SF now. Staying with R3

I was wondering if that was the reason for the high CPU usage.. seems like it could be, but I'd like to know exactly what process is taking up so much CPU.

I was playing around with my devie and got the error with the powerbutton, so I wiped the device and now it stucks in boot process (green robot)... I go crazy!!!

EDIT: A reflash solved my problem!

Edited by 205er

Hm other people have reported a similar thing with mcr r3 also. Search the market for OSMonitor and install it. Launcher the app and it'll give you a list of all running apps and processors on your phone. You'll be able to find exactly what is using up so much CPU.

The process using most is Android System with a load between 80-90%

Guest DaveMac
Ive also noticed that the "back" button now doesnt seem to switch the scrren on from sleep....any idea where to change this setting ?

This has never worked for me, even out the box....I always have to press the power button.

Guest bajjyboy
Did you first upgrade superboot to r3? If you've done that then you just need to copy the system r3 to the sdcard once renamed then reboot the phone. It will stick on the green android for a minute or so whilst the system is copied over then it'll reboot and you'll see the MoDaCo logo.

Have managed to install the rom by copying the file to the sd card and restarting the phone. Did I have to do something more? What is this superboot thing?

cheers

Guest threlfaw
This might help with wifi problems. I edited the build.prop to add the following lines:

wifi.interface=wlan0

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
Since then I've hardly had problems with wifi reconnecting.
adb pull /system/build.prop
Add the two lines to the file. I added them below "persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London". Save the file then:
adb remount

adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

What exactly is adb ?? and how can i use it??

Guest ezablade

No problems with the CPU load, thought r3 had fixed the problems with wi-fi, but, turned out that that was temporary! Still got the Orange logo appearing befor the MoDaCo one appears... not a problem. No lagging on menus either but have noticed some legacy entries on the applciation list that appear to be guitar hero and WWTDAM entries, both 0b in size and cause force close if clicked on. I uninstalled both after installign r2, so, not sure if they were there before or have reappeared with r3.

No extra entries under APN, just the ones I created. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Does r3 include entries for 3? love to get mms working.

Guest flatnote31

running fine now...

processor usage when idle around 9~12%

osmonitor takes lot of resource, around 20%

actually r3 is running fine now

THANKS PAUL :)

what baffles me though is why some are encountering problems if we all push/flash the same file the same way!

Guest sensory
Ive also noticed that the "back" button now doesnt seem to switch the scrren on from sleep....any idea where to change this setting ?

Back button brings the screen back on from sleep on r3 for me. I didn't even know it could until you mentioned it. :)

Guest southeastblue

Just installed this and I'm having the high CPU usage problem. The menus and operation ae extremely laggy even with all tasks killed and approx 300mb of free memory

Any idea how to fix this? Tried restarting the device and flashing agan but no luck.

Guest toge64
Some people seem to be having problems rooting the device, but went as smooth as butter for me.

* Downloaded both the fastboot file and r2 Superboot / MCRi file,

* Placed the r2 Superboot / MCRi file(image) into the now unzipped fastboot folder.

* Moved this fastboot folder directly onto the C:/ drive on my PC.

* Turned off phone and pulled battery, replaced battery, then powered up phone. (Power+Volume up)

* It stops On the Green Android, plugged in USB cable, left it to do its thing and Windows 7 installed a fastboot driver.

* Opened a command prompt on the PC (type cmd into windows search box) and you should get something similar to C:\users\home>

* Type> cd c:\fastboot <(puts you in the fastboot folder)

* Then copy and paste the following into the command prompt on your PC and press enter> fastboot-windows flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r2.img < (you should get a message to say its done)

* Next copy and paste this and hit enter> fastboot-windows reboot <

* Finally leave your phone to do its thing and in about 5 or so minutes it will have rebooted and you should have Root access.

Hope this helps someone. - Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move.

quick repost for this windows noob friend guide for my friend

Guest Tidy_Sammy

Just hopped from R2>R3 and no problems so far, everything seems to be running smooth, not keen on the start-up screen, but hey it's nicer than Orange and who am I to moan when it's not me that did all the work, keep up the good work!